Back to business! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 01-25-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Question Back to business!

Hi all,

Firstly let me set the scene for you. I had been a member on eBay UK from a young age and used to sell items from an account in my Dad's name which later got banned. Being a complete newbie and not knowing about eBay's linking techniques I then made another account in my name (same address) and was selling successfully for another few years until this got banned (2011). Since then I have not really been selling on eBay and when I have had things to sell I have just listed them on other peoples accounts.

I have not got to a point where I am wanting to get back on eBay to make a little bit of income on the side. My situation is a bit weird so I am very confused as to what I need to do (will be buying the guide in the next week or so).

I currently have an eBay account which I set up around a year ago. I tried listing an item on this but it was immediately taken off. I contacted eBay to ask why (tried to play dumb with them) and they said it was due to the account being linked with a number of banned account. What's weird is that I was VERY SURPRISED that they didn't then go and ban the account. I am still able to purchase items from this account but don't want to try listing anything again just in case they ban this permanently.

The PayPal account I use with this eBay is the same PayPal that was linked with my second seller account. Again, this (PayPal) hasn't been limited/suspended and I have linked this with several eBay accounts. I have also used this PayPal to pay for items that I have purchased with friends' eBay accounts.

I am completely confused as to why my current eBay and PayPal are not banned. Just to add to the confusion, I set up an account (after my first two accounts got banned) in my uncles name and have been using that on mine and his computer (I guess his IP is now under close monitoring #woops).

I guess my best bet would be to start completely fresh, however what should I do with my current eBay and PayPal? Should I just close them down?

Going forward, I have a couple of addresses that I can use for stealth accounts, however what bank account should I use with them? I can't use the same bank account that I have linked with my current PayPal right?

Before buying the guide I just wanted peoples views on my situation and what the best way to get back on eBay would be.

Sorry for such a long intro thread, any help will be appreciated. I feel as if I just need to sit down with one of you experts for an hour and get this all sorted haha.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Back to business!

Buy the stealth guide and you will learn what to do, then visit back on here regularly for updates, your situation is by no means unusual, in fact it is more or less everyone's story that finds their way onto here, you linked yourself to previous banned accounts, who cares why they did not immediately ban your current accounts, it does not matter why, only that if you try to sell on them, you won't be able to. Forget them and move on with new accounts, either bought of here or created the right way by yourself, pure and simple, if you want to sell on eBay one way or another get a new stealth eBay and PayPal and move on.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
utd (01-26-2015)
Old 01-25-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd View Post
Hi all,

Firstly let me set the scene for you. I had been a member on eBay UK from a young age and used to sell items from an account in my Dad's name which later got banned. Being a complete newbie and not knowing about eBay's linking techniques I then made another account in my name (same address) and was selling successfully for another few years until this got banned (2011). Since then I have not really been selling on eBay and when I have had things to sell I have just listed them on other peoples accounts.

I have not got to a point where I am wanting to get back on eBay to make a little bit of income on the side. My situation is a bit weird so I am very confused as to what I need to do (will be buying the guide in the next week or so).

I currently have an eBay account which I set up around a year ago. I tried listing an item on this but it was immediately taken off. I contacted eBay to ask why (tried to play dumb with them) and they said it was due to the account being linked with a number of banned account. What's weird is that I was VERY SURPRISED that they didn't then go and ban the account. I am still able to purchase items from this account but don't want to try listing anything again just in case they ban this permanently.

The PayPal account I use with this eBay is the same PayPal that was linked with my second seller account. Again, this (PayPal) hasn't been limited/suspended and I have linked this with several eBay accounts. I have also used this PayPal to pay for items that I have purchased with friends' eBay accounts.

I am completely confused as to why my current eBay and PayPal are not banned. Just to add to the confusion, I set up an account (after my first two accounts got banned) in my uncles name and have been using that on mine and his computer (I guess his IP is now under close monitoring #woops).

I guess my best bet would be to start completely fresh, however what should I do with my current eBay and PayPal? Should I just close them down?

Going forward, I have a couple of addresses that I can use for stealth accounts, however what bank account should I use with them? I can't use the same bank account that I have linked with my current PayPal right?

Before buying the guide I just wanted peoples views on my situation and what the best way to get back on eBay would be.

Sorry for such a long intro thread, any help will be appreciated. I feel as if I just need to sit down with one of you experts for an hour and get this all sorted haha.

What a mess. But fear not, theres a way forward.

Quite often buying accounts dont get shut down because you are not considered a risk.

If it was me, id start again from the beginning. Scrap it all and start afresh. Not entirely sure if anything is salvagable in your current situation.

My advice would be the stealth guide which is a must plus this will give you access to the subscribers forum.
Have a good read of the guide and spend a while digesting the threads within the forum. Take notes as you go. They will cover all you need to know in regards to banks and ip's etc...
Then build a plan and post it onto the subacribers forum before you do anything. We can all as a forum look at it and give you the heads up or advise you of any changes that need to be made.

Welcome to the forum and please let me add one more thing.
Stay away from using family info, friends info and as forum member MM78 said, no pets info either
Stealth is stealth and in order to successfully start again, everything needs to different
Good luck
utd (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015

Longevity: 54%

Welcome to the forum.

The answers you seek are basic aspects of stealth and can be found in many threads on the forum.

Read, read and read some more. Then once you are almost ready to start, ask any questions you may have.

No one is going to hand you everything on a plate. If you want assistance in stealth you really need to show some evidence that you have done loads of reading and research already, then people will be more inclined to help. Your question about banks shows you are yet to do this, as it must be covered in at least a dozen threads or more in the 'free' part of the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
utd (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm getting a positive vibe about the community here already!

I guess my first step is to purchase the guide, do my research and get familiar with everything. I'm just so busy nowadays that it is going to take me a good few weeks to figure everything out.

Realdeals you are absolutely right, I haven't done much research at all...in the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger "I'll be back".