eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 17 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-31-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

So I've got one that appears ok, changed to my own details and DOB, I have another that I've held off on, correct name, however address and DOB different. Is the consensus to just change each one into the fully correct names as you can have a multiple accounts or let it ride on the different DOB plus address and possibly get creative if ID is requested? Anyone now on multiple stealth that they fully changed to their real details?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just want to give a big thumbs up for Ebayorbust. I have read all the threads on managed payments with trepidation to be honest and there have been some who have talked the talk...but talked ****e.
There have been some who thought knew it all and knew f...nothing.
Then you have the likes of Ebayorbust who have been on here for years and do not say a lot because there is always some big shot wants to shoot them down. As usual those that say the least know the most.
All sorted without even one tiny hitch. Cheers Ebayorbust top marks for you mate I know where to come in future for help and advice.
That is exactly why some longer term members dont post as much. Its a real shame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
baldy (08-02-2020), ethanhunt (07-31-2020), Freakzilla (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanprophet View Post
I haven't signed up to MP and am still able to create and amend listings. I'd have thought that any restrictions would be applied across the board rather than to some and not others.
I have now been restricted from starting new listings. I can amend current listings still for some reason.

I've got 3 eBay accounts and they're all linked to different PayPal accounts (each PayPal account linked to different bank accounts as well of course). Do all bank accounts have to match the eBay account holder name 100%? Two of my accounts have family member names (first name initial and then same last name as me and my bank accounts). How do you think it would go if I tried to use the ID of my two family members with bank accounts in my name?
Old 07-31-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Just want to give a big thumbs up for Ebayorbust. I have read all the threads on managed payments with trepidation to be honest and there have been some who have talked the talk...but talked ****e.
There have been some who thought knew it all and knew f...nothing.
Then you have the likes of Ebayorbust who have been on here for years and do not say a lot because there is always some big shot wants to shoot them down. As usual those that say the least know the most.
All sorted without even one tiny hitch. Cheers Ebayorbust top marks for you mate I know where to come in future for help and advice.
This forum is to share and helping each other, nothing special about MP all sorts of accounts are getting accepted
Time will come when ebay change their policy like Amazon where only allow to keep one seller account and thats where the game start
Old 08-03-2020

Longevity: 43%

Ebay constantly change the goalposts and put up hurdles, as we all know.
Collectively, we all manage to overcome these with a great team effort.
Who knows if weeks/months from now, something else changes regarding MP!

Personally, I have 11 Stealth Ebay accounts, feeding into 3 stealth and 1 'real' Paypal account, all logistically perfect for me at the moment.

As there is a big question mark over what will happen when MP goes live, I have not subscribed to MP on any of my accounts yet. A couple of my accounts have been restricted from submitting new listings but I am fortunate in that I have plenty of established and well-performing existing listings, that should do good business for a while.

As the weeks pass and people report back on live MP and we learn more, I will look into my strategy for moving all of my accounts to MP. As for now, I simply do not know enough for sure to afford to make a mistake that I cannot reverse.

Ebay have advised that there is a 'deadline' for moving to MP but that is rubbish, really. We will always be able to move to MP once we are invited, as it is in Ebay's interest, so they are not going to prevent you from doing so in the future.

If new listing restriction is the only penalty, then I am happy to wait this out for now.

Anybody else taking this same approach?

Best regards,
Tuffguy
The Following User Says Thank You to tuffguy For This Useful Post:
Eagle10 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I have had the new listing 'ban' on one of my accounts. I started the enrollment process, uploaded the **k* passport and had the message to say it was accepted. Doctored the bank statement and uploaed that. Message to say they will verify and it takes a couple of days. I was able to list again after that.

I have now had the email to say the bank account has been verified. This:

Thanks for providing us with the documentation we requested. We verified your updated details. If your payouts were on hold: You'll start receiving funds again, provided there are no other issues needing your attention.

The notice box has gone on ebay too.

I assume I have passed and am waiting for a 'going live' date.

I changed the name and address on the bank statement. They asked for it to show the name, account number and sort code and be within the last three months only. Nothing about the address. They also said you can blank the transactions which I did as one was for a transfer from another account that I want to use later.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LOMBOK For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (08-06-2020), StealthHarry (08-06-2020), tuffguy (08-06-2020)
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Forgot to add, the payments box on ebay says this:

You're on the list.
We’ll notify you before activating your account for managed payments.We’ll notify you before activating your account for managed payments.

You’ve successfully registered for managed payments.
Old 08-06-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOMBOK View Post
I changed the name and address on the bank statement. They asked for it to show the name, account number and sort code and be within the last three months only. Nothing about the address. They also said you can blank the transactions which I did as one was for a transfer from another account that I want to use later.
Thanks very much for this, Lombok

You mentioned changing the name on the bank statement to align to your 'Stealth' passport details.
Somebody on this thread mentioned that a soft credit search is done on the provided bank account.
I guess if the bank account has passed MP verification, then the name on the bank account is not checked during the soft credit search (if indeed this is performed).

Best regards,
Tuffguy
Old 08-06-2020

Longevity: 93%

I just got my two week notice that my MP will commence From 17th August... one highlight from the email...

You can cover the costs of refunds from your bank account or credit card when your pending payout is not sufficient to cover the refund amount.
Old 08-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
That is exactly why some longer term members dont post as much. Its a real shame.
I hardly post on here anymore because of this.

Although I visit the site every day.

There are a few members on here that put me off.
Old 08-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
I have had the new listing 'ban' on one of my accounts. I started the enrollment process, uploaded the **k* passport and had the message to say it was accepted. Doctored the bank statement and uploaed that. Message to say they will verify and it takes a couple of days. I was able to list again after that.

I have now had the email to say the bank account has been verified. This:

Thanks for providing us with the documentation we requested. We verified your updated details. If your payouts were on hold: You'll start receiving funds again, provided there are no other issues needing your attention.

The notice box has gone on ebay too.

I assume I have passed and am waiting for a 'going live' date.

Thank you sharing your experience.

I'm yet to be given a date of when my account goes live.
Old 08-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Thank you sharing your experience.

I'm yet to be given a date of when my account goes live.
All I have is the ' You're on the list'.
Old 08-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
All I have is the ' You're on the list'.
So do I ... appears some of the users here are already accepting payments on MP now.

I was told end of July it's now basically mid august. Still no sign of MP being activated here.
Old 08-14-2020
Threadstarter  

Finally got the email saying I am being moved to MP at the end of the month with an exact date.

Looks good.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
LOMBOK (08-14-2020)
Old 08-20-2020

Longevity: 93%

Does anybody have feedback on MP payments to mismatched names yet?

Also one thing I noticed is that once you have signed up to MP, the only option to change the bank account details seems to be the route of signing into your online banking. Haven't explored that much yet but this could be problematic going fwd
Old 08-20-2020

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Finally got the email saying I am being moved to MP at the end of the month with an exact date.

Looks good.

How is it going so far ?
Old 08-21-2020

Longevity: 30%

Does anyone have found a solution to get bank accounts for stealths?

I was using Bank of America from payonner, but they dont have it anymore, and i've read that eBay dont accept braclays account from payonner because when you insert the sort code, they see as bank name Payooner.

Can anyone help here?
Old 08-28-2020

We used to be able to link up to 8 x Ebay accounts to 1 x Paypal account.

Has anyone tried to link multiple Ebay accounts to 1 x Bank account under Managed Payments or is that not possible?

Kind regards
Old 08-28-2020

Longevity: 48%

I have successfully signed up to Managed Payments using a stealth account and was activated yesterday. My question is regarding payment to a bank account. Name does not match up and I used creative docs to pass verification. My first payment was due to be sent today on the 28th but everything is still showing as pending and it now says my next payout is on the 31st? Any ideas anyone?
Old 08-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
I have successfully signed up to Managed Payments using a stealth account and was activated yesterday. My question is regarding payment to a bank account. Name does not match up and I used creative docs to pass verification. My first payment was due to be sent today on the 28th but everything is still showing as pending and it now says my next payout is on the 31st? Any ideas anyone?
That doesn't sound good ...

Give it a few more days then get on to customer service
Old 08-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 94%

First payment always takes a bit longer. No need to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
Old 09-10-2020
Threadstarter  

@goman - did the first payment successfully come through then ?