eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-21-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Hi just read through this thread, is there anyone who has managed to sign up using stealth. Also will we have to register by July 2020 or 2023

My own business account got banned 5 years ago, even tried calling them recently to see if they could remove he suspension but they were not having it

My stealth account is a genuine account but in a siblings name but my bank account. Now if I change my the name on this account to my own name or business name they will this create a link ?
I recently changed the address without a issue
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by User220 View Post
Hi just read through this thread, is there anyone who has managed to sign up using stealth. Also will we have to register by July 2020 or 2023

My own business account got banned 5 years ago, even tried calling them recently to see if they could remove he suspension but they were not having it

My stealth account is a genuine account but in a siblings name but my bank account. Now if I change my the name on this account to my own name or business name they will this create a link ?
No one knows as yet if that link will be made. This has been covered in this section of the forum a fair few times.

If its a sibling, then you share a surname? just change the first name to your initial and I reckon you'd be sound on that.
Old 05-21-2020

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by User220 View Post

If you are asking if anyone has managed to sign up - then i think you haven't actually read through the thread.

Anyway, back to your questions, no one know for sure when we will have to get registered by. Ebay's plan is to eventually replace paypal altogether with adyen by 2023, but most sellers to be using managed payment by 2021, when exactly will ebay force every sellers to get registered on it, we will just have to wait and see..

This has already been covered by the stealth guide! Changing the name to your own name will indeed create a link, and would be a stupid move to do now when no one knows for sure what is actually happening with ebay managed payment at this point.

Chill out, business as usual and not worry about it until it comes, if it turns out stealth will no longer work, then what more can you do, but why stress yourself now when this is still in such early stage!
Old 05-21-2020

Thanks for the advise. Will keep an eye out on this thread
The Email I said said late July the managed payment will start late July

Last edited by User220; 05-21-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2020

Longevity: 44%

Will create a link but that’s not enough t
For eBay to shut you down. They need more links such as same address. Same number. Same ip over long period of time etc
Old 05-21-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowprintdirect View Post
Will create a link but that’s not enough t
For eBay to shut you down. They need more links such as same address. Same number. Same ip over long period of time etc
I recently changed the address and first intial and they didn’t say anything but when I change to my own name this name will be the same which was banned. And they also say they ask for dob too
My account is a business account btw so was the one which got closed
Old 05-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 12%
Longevity: 41%

I just filled in the managed payments registration on a business account.

The accounts registration details still has my accountants info (the location my business was registered). But the info I submitted on the managed payments form of the director / significant shareholder (myself) has my actual address which was previously suspended on ebay years ago.

I am hoping the link won't be strong enough for a suspension and I will be good to go, fully enrolled and back to selling in July when MP comes in to force.

Wish me luck!

In regards to private accounts, when they are finally enrolled we have the option of selecting "sole trader" which appears to not ask for much info unlike the limited company route. Probably explains why on Etsy they never done a doc check on me and everything is smooth sailing over there as it's not a LTD company account but private/sole trader.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
Hardgrafter (05-28-2020), Random0 (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020

Activity: 4%
Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post

The accounts registration details still has my accountants info (the location my business was registered). But the info I submitted on the managed payments form of the director / significant shareholder (myself) has my actual address which was previously suspended on ebay years ago.

I am hoping the link won't be strong enough for a suspension and I will be good to go, fully enrolled and back to selling in July when MP comes in to force.

Wish me luck!

In regards to private accounts, when they are finally enrolled we have the option of selecting "sole trader" which appears to not ask for much info unlike the limited company route. Probably explains why on Etsy they never done a doc check on me and everything is smooth sailing over there as it's not a LTD company account but private/sole trader.
I wish you all the best, buddy. I also have a stealth business account and really dreading it but I guess I will have to fill out the MP form at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hardgrafter For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardgrafter View Post
I wish you all the best, buddy. I also have a stealth business account and really dreading it but I guess I will have to fill out the MP form at some point.
Exactly

Got no choice. Just thought if they ban me, they will do it today, tomorrow or a year from now IF the link is there, which there will be.

OR they will see that I have been nothing but a great seller and made them a lot of money and keep me on the platform.
Old 05-28-2020

Longevity: 62%

Quote:

Wish me luck!

I may have missed something but we don't have to provide proof of address so why give them your real address? When I do finally sign up I'm planning on fudging the address and using passport as ID as that won't have my address on.
Old 05-28-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
I don't know why everyone uses a different name ... all my stealth accounts are using my REAL name just random addresses. Everyone withdrawing to phantom names risk the actual bank seizing their funds one day, not a question of will they, it's when ... I would never take that risk.
Never thought of that, good point. I always use different names for my stealth accounts, I will try doing that
Old 05-28-2020

Longevity: 50%

Is ebay UK MP easier than US?
Old 05-29-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethinoze View Post
Is ebay UK MP easier than US?
No one knows yet.
Old 05-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
I may have missed something but we don't have to provide proof of address so why give them your real address? When I do finally sign up I'm planning on fudging the address and using passport as ID as that won't have my address on.
They didn't ask for proof of address or photo ID. BUT they asked for a bank statement for the business bank account I am assigning to the ebay account for managed payments. (you are allowed to show a screenshot of online banking / black out your balance etc for privacy)

The bank statement shows my previously banned home address. And I also had a section to fill in that said to give the name and address of the director / majority shareholder of the ltd company (me).

So it's a link and it's not a link.

It's a link because they will now see my suspended address ... question is will they as in, ebays trust & safety see it or is it going straight to Aydens staff who as far as they are concerned, I am a new customer.

And it's not a link because it's NOT the address I used to sign up to ebay with. The address on ebay is my accountants add. The previously banned address is only being revealed to them now because I am being forced to sign up to managed payments and reveal the identity of the majority shareholder / director.

So in theory the immediate way around it that I can see is sign up with a family member.

OR use your real name but an address you can access. And when it comes to showing evidence of your bank account don't show the full statement just a screenshot of online banking.

Again this is all an experiment. If it passes, great. If not I will find another way.

Last edited by james_112233; 05-29-2020 at 11:54 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
brassmonkey (06-04-2020), Hardgrafter (05-29-2020)
Old 05-29-2020
Threadstarter  

And just to add ... this is ONLY for business accounts that are LTD companies.

NOT sole trader.

The Managed payments process for Sole Trader / Private accounts will be different. Probably easier to stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
NNikoloff (06-01-2020)
Old 05-29-2020
Threadstarter  

Just checked my credit score, looks like Adyen put my information through Trulioo Identity Verification as it's come up as a 'soft' search.
Old 05-29-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

eBay and PayPal used to also do that and still do
Old 06-01-2020

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Come on guys use your brain ...

Since when does your passport have your home address on it ?

The stealth game really isn't for you if you can't do the basics because you will trip up when it really counts during a limitation later down the line etc.
I guess using you passport instead of DL will do the job as soo as you change DOB maybe. Then be creative with you proof of address and you're ready to go.

The problem may come when ebay starts managing the payments and matching you bank acc with your address. Not sure if they will do that though 🤔
Old 06-03-2020

I've just registered one of my big accounts for Managed Payments as a sole trader.

I got a message saying business info and identify info is being verified and I will receive a message once this is done.
Old 06-03-2020

Quote:
I've just registered one of my big accounts for Managed Payments as a sole trader.

I got a message saying business info and identify info is being verified and I will receive a message once this is done.
Genuine details or Stealth ones?
Old 06-03-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
Genuine details or Stealth ones?
Real name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address. Uploaded banking portal screenshot which doesn't show address.
The Following User Says Thank You to brassmonkey For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
Real name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address. Uploaded banking portal screenshot which doesn't show address.
That will be fine then , they are real details, we already know this bit . Whats the concern/relevance?

When asked for ID send your passport over DL, so no address.