eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 8 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
Real name, ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address. Uploaded banking portal screenshot which doesn't show address.
Exactly what I intend to do if my first account fails after submitting real address.

Still waiting to see whether I am allowed to sell once they notice the banned address when putting me on to managed payments. It's been a week or so since I submitted my real address and real bank statement.

People that are thinking why I would do that ...

Well i've been using ebay for over a year now with many links across all of my accounts i.e. old paypals, same IP logins etc and they haven't suspended me yet.

I got a feeling as long as there are not too many links at one time and your account is in good standing they let you off the hook. We shall see.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Exactly what I intend to do if my first account fails after submitting real address.

Still waiting to see whether I am allowed to sell once they notice the banned address when putting me on to managed payments. It's been a week or so since I submitted my real address and real bank statement.

People that are thinking why I would do that ...

Well i've been using ebay for over a year now with many links across all of my accounts i.e. old paypals, same IP logins etc and they haven't suspended me yet.

I got a feeling as long as there are not too many links at one time and your account is in good standing they let you off the hook. We shall see.
Yes it will be interesting to see if we get verified - the section where I had to enter my address had a note stating the address was used to verify identify. If this is the case then a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address won't work but we shall see.

I think they might keep us in limbo until end of July before they tell us if we have passed verification.

Then of course at a later date when they ask us to submit photo ID we may get banned as the the ID will be of a previously banned person.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
Yes it will be interesting to see if we get verified - the section where I had to enter my address had a note stating the address was used to verify identify. If this is the case then a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address won't work but we shall see.

I think they might keep us in limbo until end of July before they tell us if we have passed verification.

Then of course at a later date when they ask us to submit photo ID we may get banned as the the ID will be of a previously banned person.
They use a soft credit check, if the name/address/bank all match, then ID probably wont be required. If they don't match, Id will be be required.

I just had the 'Please make sure you register by July 15. Your account will be enabled starting from late July.' come through on all my accounts, similar email to what the Americans have been getting for a while.

That definitely proves the 15th is D-Day in the UK to, as before now, all their emails to me never mentioned the 15th July.
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

It will be great if others chip in with their findings as well, at least in July/August when we are all transferred over on our business accounts, especially the account sellers here.

Fingers crossed for everyone to make it through. Nothing worse than starting from the bottom again.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 81%

I'm still hoping we can just ignore today's MP email and get a few more months out of this.

My fear has always been I'll end up having to start on the taxis.

That fear is burning hard right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to arshavin For This Useful Post:
Pathos (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
It will be great if others chip in with their findings as well, at least in July/August when we are all transferred over on our business accounts, especially the account sellers here.

Fingers crossed for everyone to make it through. Nothing worse than starting from the bottom again.
You wont find account sellers offering info for obvious reasons, but I'd hope to see more everyday posters putting in some info to the discussion, especially when we start to trial it.

For comedy value, I asked eBay CS if this will be a mandatory thing, they said no. Lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (06-04-2020)
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
I'm still hoping we can just ignore today's MP email and get a few more months out of this.

My fear has always been I'll end up having to start on the taxis.

That fear is burning hard right now.
Until that email I was hoping a few more months to..but now with that eBay, it has been somewhat, deeply, concerned and stressed thats for sure. Its like a looming redudancy.
Old 06-04-2020

I know we can't say for certain right now how we should go about this but I am just thinking....

If we have multiple stealths that we care about and are selling legit items with good customer service, do we just pick the one we like the most and register that for MP and cross our fingers.

And then just forget about the other stealths.

This is how i am seeing it.

I really hope we can keep multiple stealths alive, but i'm struggling to see how its possible?
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I know we can't say for certain right now how we should go about this but I am just thinking....

If we have multiple stealths that we care about and are selling legit items with good customer service, do we just pick the one we like the most and register that for MP and cross our fingers.

And then just forget about the other stealths.

This is how i am seeing it.

I really hope we can keep multiple stealths alive, but i'm struggling to see how its possible?
Yes, if the only possible way is to get one single account on to MP then your hero account needs to be the one that gets trialed.

That's what I have done.

The others aren't that far off to build up back to the level of my hero account but if I am only going to be allowed one account with my real details then i've already submitted the forms on that account and i'm just waiting to see whether in July they activate MP on it and let me carry on selling.

Everyone will be experimenting in different ways no doubt.
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
Yes, if the only possible way is to get one single account on to MP then your hero account needs to be the one that gets trialed.

That's what I have done.

The others aren't that far off to build up back to the level of my hero account but if I am only going to be allowed one account with my real details then i've already submitted the forms on that account and i'm just waiting to see whether in July they activate MP on it and let me carry on selling.

Everyone will be experimenting in different ways no doubt.
Lol, I like that, hero account.

I have two hero accounts, and two that essentially buy my stock. I think I may have to lose one account and I can possible salvage three out of the four with 'real' details from friends.

However juggling all the money to buy the stock and pay for Royal Mails click and drop is going to be a real ballache. Right now, PayPal is used to buy stock and pay Royal Mail.
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:

eBay does allow multiple accounts with the same details, so it may be a possibility, or do what I am doing and loaning friends and their savings accounts with a little percentage of profit to them each month.
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
eBay does allow multiple accounts with the same details, so it may be a possibility, or do what I am doing and loaning friends and their savings accounts with a little percentage of profit to them each month.
Absolutely forgot about that. All the accounts may be transferred to MP after all then. I don't care about links to be honest, I have no intention of running separate stealth accounts anymore. I only ever needed a stealth account to get back to selling in the first place. I don't sell vero so don't burn through accounts.
Old 06-04-2020

2 of my stealths have a very close match to my real name but not an exact match.

For example

Real name - Phil Smith
Stealth name - philly smiths

I could possibly change the names to my real name and hope I never get asked for Id.

Last edited by arshavin; 06-04-2020 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Why don't some of you who got the email immediately list an adult sex toy or something just to see if mp goes away ?
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Why don't some of you who got the email immediately list an adult sex toy or something just to see if mp goes away ?
Haha. Why would it go away?
Old 06-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Because it's a forbidden item if you want to be qualified for mp supposedly
Old 06-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Because it's a forbidden item if you want to be qualified for mp supposedly
Any links to where you have seen that?
Old 06-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Another member here talked about it :

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-man...tems-list.html
Old 06-06-2020

Longevity: 38%

Apologies if I have missed something in this thread, but how is signing up to eBay managed payments any more of a hurdle than opening a stealth Paypal account and getting verified using 'creative' documents? Is it the unknown eBay/Adyen checks that people are concerned about?
Old 06-07-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsandwich View Post
Apologies if I have missed something in this thread, but how is signing up to eBay managed payments any more of a hurdle than opening a stealth Paypal account and getting verified using 'creative' documents? Is it the unknown eBay/Adyen checks that people are concerned about?
It may not be, but no one has tried it yet (or no one has reported trying it yet)
Old 06-07-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
It may not be, but no one has tried it yet (or no one has reported trying it yet)
I see, thanks. Well I suspect someone will find out (and hopefully report it here) sooner rather than later.
Old 06-07-2020

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
The only difference to normal stealth is that the documents would all need to be in your real name, everything else on them can be changed.

But like you say we don’t know how Adyen/ Ebay is running the identify checks yet.

Last edited by brassmonkey; 06-07-2020 at 03:11 AM.