eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 10 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-13-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Anyone here have the experience of being accepted for managed payments in UK, as solo trader ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsandwich View Post
Apologies if I have missed something in this thread, but how is signing up to eBay managed payments any more of a hurdle than opening a stealth Paypal account and getting verified using 'creative' documents? Is it the unknown eBay/Adyen checks that people are concerned about?
I think the big difference is you need to match the ebay account name, with your account bank name.

If you pay fees with direct debit, and using your bank account, then they have an easy way to see if the bank account matches or not your ebay name.
Old 06-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
I don't think so, it's currently in the application stage. I signed up weeks ago and still haven't have confirmation I will be transferred on 15th July as intimated.
I've been asked to apply also.

Have you matched your ebay name with your bank name?
My eBay name is not real, my payonner uk bank account have my real name.

I have 2 legit ltds and 14 ebay stealths. I fear to give my eBay Stealth the same name i use in the LTDs, just to match the bank accounts, and end up being linked.
Old 06-13-2020

Longevity: 81%

I don't have any Ebay accounts that I am ok to lose as they are all earners.

Does anyone have a stealth they don't need?

If so maybe ring CS and ask if you are able to register many accounts under MP.
Old 06-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
I don't have any Ebay accounts that I am ok to lose as they are all earners.

Does anyone have a stealth they don't need?

If so maybe ring CS and ask if you are able to register many accounts under MP.
What do you mean ?
also most cs guys have no clue what they talk about
Old 06-13-2020

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravessen View Post
What do you mean ?
also most cs guys have no clue what they talk about
Like can we register multiple stealths under the same legit name.
Old 06-13-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
Like can we register multiple stealths under the same legit name.
Doesn’t make sense they even answer that.
If they do , they must say you can’t
Old 06-13-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 34%
Longevity: 94%

Obviously you don't say they are stealth accounts.
Old 06-14-2020

Longevity: 23%

So the only way I can see it working is switching name on ebay account to real name and hoping that they'll except a bank letter not showing real address? and hope they don't ask for more bank verification further down the line. What a ball ache
Old 06-14-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanreeko View Post
So the only way I can see it working is switching name on ebay account to real name and hoping that they'll except a bank letter not showing real address? and hope they don't ask for more bank verification further down the line. What a ball ache
ID is not an issue if you switch to a real name..as the person is real.

Bank Statements can be easily modified.
Old 06-17-2020

Longevity: 49%
Exclamation Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

So far the news....

eBay Managed Payments: What Are They & Why Do They Matter?

It's no secret that consumer expectations for speed and choice are on the rise across all areas of eCommerce - delivery options, order fulfilment and customer service, just to name a few.

Well, these same expectations apply to the checkout experience.

In fact, in order to meet the ever-evolving expectations of today's customers, more and more platforms are releasing their own native quick-pay options, with the intention of streamlining the process and increasing checkout completion rates.

An example?

eBay's Managed Payments.

But what exactly is eBay Managed Payments? And how does it affect you as an eBay seller?

In this post, we’ll not only answer these questions, but we'll also help you make sense of whether you should be striving to enrol on this invite-only programme based on your specific circumstances.

What are eBay Managed Payments?
For a long period of time, many online merchants - eBay included - relied heavily on PayPal for payment processing.

After all, many consumers had PayPal accounts and it was an easy way for merchants or eCommerce sites to process payments quickly.

In fact, eBay has historically been all-in with PayPal, even requiring their own customers to have a PayPal account in order to make a purchase.

Since launching eBay Managed Payments, its own payments system in September 2018, this is no longer the case.

eBay’s managed payments programme allows the platform to process the payments directly instead of relying on PayPal, enabling customers to enter payment information and process it without having to travel to a third-party site and leave the eBay interface.

This is made possible by a gradual switch over to the payment processor Adyen, which is also used by Uber and Shopify to create their payment management systems.

Right now, the programme is still pretty exclusive, requiring an invite to be able to participate (though you can “express interest” in an invite here).

According to the eBay team themselves, however, managed payments will become the default payment system by 2021, at least for the majority of sellers.

To date, over 6,000 sellers are currently participating in the managed payments program.

eBay Managed Payments

The idea here is simple.

Merchants can sell and get paid all in one place, without the need for an additional account on another interface.

Consumers will have the benefit of easy, fast payment all through eBay's site, which includes multiple payment options such as credit cards, debit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay and even PayPal if they choose.

This means PayPal becomes an option, rather than a requirement.

eBay Managed Payments

The payment options available will depend on several factors, and eBay will automatically offer all checkout options that aligns with what’s in your customer's cart, their location, their browser and their device.

Purchases made on an iPhone, for example, may have Apple Pay automatically appear as an option.

The pros and cons of using eBay Managed Payments
Like with all decisions you will need to make as a merchant, there are both pros and cons of eBay’s managed payments system.

Here are some of them:

Advantages of using eBay Managed Payments
When it comes to eBay's managed payments system, there are some clear advantages to participating in the programme.

While the option for multiple payment methods is an obvious one, this also comes with lower fees (which we'll get to in a minute) and a smoother process.

The ability to sell and get paid from one single account is also an asset, especially if you are trying to keep things simple as a merchant.

This also means simpler invoicing and payment management.

In fact, you'll see all your selling fees and commissions taken out on a single eBay invoice, which is much easier to keep track of and you'll get direct deposits straight into your bank account with automatic payouts. Funds can be seen quickly, even if you're accepting multiple payment options through eBay.

eBay also claims that there will be "lower buying reluctance" for merchants participating in the program, which is backed up by data; the more ways there are for buyers to pay, the more likely they are to do so.

Having a variety of different forms of payments - including instant-pay options such as Apple Pay and Google Pay - do significantly increase the likelihood of purchase.

And, since mobile payments are expected to increase to 28% by 2022, having those mobile-friendly eWallet options will likely contribute to higher purchase rates.

Sellers will also have more protection when using the eBay Managed Payment system, including for claim and chargeback disputes.

For sellers using PayPal, it is not uncommon for eBay to approve a disputed claim but for PayPal to refute it, or vice versa, sometimes resulting in the rightful party never seeing the money they're entitled to under eBay's guidelines.

With everything happening under one roof, however, what eBay says goes, and the money will follow accordingly. This will protect you as a seller (as long as your account is in good standing, you're eligible for eBay seller protection), as they only need to work with one person for support on claims, refunds, and returns.

And speaking of returns, as a seller you will have more flexibility in this department too.

You'll have the ability to distribute full or partial refunds either by item or on the entire order, all through eBay.

Finally, there's one more sliver of good news: eBay Managed Payments won't interfere with any third-party tools that you're using to either manage your listings and inventory, or for issuing refunds or tracking finances.

Disadvantages of using eBay Managed Payments
There are clearly plenty of advantages that come once you're signed up to use eBay Managed Payments, but there are certainly disadvantages to consider as well.

To start with, there are some glitches with using PayPal, with some sellers claiming that it's not showing up as an option yet. This could be due to the fact they initially eliminated PayPal as an option from managed payments, before announcing that it would be included.

In addition to this, there have been some reported temporary issues with the platform. For instance, there are no options for exchanges or replacements, only refunds. There's also no eBay for charity. It is likely that this will all change over time though.

If you're looking to create a third-party integration for eBay's new payment system, unfortunately this isn't possible as there is currently no open API.

It's also worth noting that there are restrictions on international selling with this programme. At present, only US sellers are able to sell internationally and you must meet criteria such as fulfilling the shipment yourself, as opposed to using eBay's Global Shipping Program, and having the buyer purchase from you on eBay.com and not another eBay site.

Finally, the system is currently only available on an invite-only basis. You can apply to be considered for a formal invitation, but keep in mind that it is currently restrictive, particularly for smaller merchants who may not have gotten eBay's attention yet.

eBay Managed Payments fees & costs
So far, the advantages of using eBay's managed payment system outweigh the disadvantages, and that carries over when you're looking at costs too.

It's all about that bottom line, after all.

The good news is that eBay's managed payment system is more affordable than PayPal's current fees.

Where PayPal usually charges 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction, eBay will charge 2.75% +$0.25 per transaction. Keep in mind that this $0.25 fee is new and will be going into effect at the end of September 2019.

Final thoughts
So, there you have it. Everything you need to know about eBay's new payment system.

Ultimately, eBay Managed Payments is for the most part good news for you as an eBay seller, enabling you to offer more eBay payment options and streamline the process along the way.

If you're looking to streamline your eBay operations beyond the checkout, it's worth considering the use of an inventory and listing management system, which can help you scale your eBay business both domestically and internationally, while saving you valuable time and money.
Old 06-25-2020

Longevity: 72%

Hi everyone,
Like many of you I ended up on Aspkin when 10 years ago my sole eBay account was suspended and my only income went from good earnings to zero in a blink! I decided I would never allow this to happen again, did my due diligence and research on AspKin, applied the Stealth principles and have been able to smoothly run 10-12 accounts concurrently with no issues...
Until eBay Managed Payments was imposed on all of us.
Now I know that PayPal isn't perfect, but stealth methods work just fine.
Why fix something , if it ain't broken....

This latest email from eBay I received today on most my eBay accounts is my first source of worries for years:

"Register for Managed Payments
So & so (account name),

eBay already manages payments for thousands of sellers. Time's flying by and you only have a few weeks left to register for managed payments.

This is your third reminder that your account will be enabled starting late July - please register by July 15. If you miss the registration deadline, from late July, we will start to restrict your ability to create new listings.

Register now in three simple steps:
1. Verify your information
2. Provide a bank account
3. Keep selling as normal"

I have highlighted the bit that really bothers me.
Obviously having had to be 'creative' with my stealth info, most of it is not actually verifiable.
Anyone care to elaborate on this latest eBay UK announcement?
Old 06-25-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by resilient View Post
Hi everyone,
Like many of you I ended up on Aspkin when 10 years ago my sole eBay account was suspended and my only income went from good earnings to zero in a blink! I decided I would never allow this to happen again, did my due diligence and research on AspKin, applied the Stealth principles and have been able to smoothly run 10-12 accounts concurrently with no issues...
Until eBay Managed Payments was imposed on all of us.
Now I know that PayPal isn't perfect, but stealth methods work just fine.
Why fix something , if it ain't broken....

This latest email from eBay I received today on most my eBay accounts is my first source of worries for years:

"Register for Managed Payments
So & so (account name),

eBay already manages payments for thousands of sellers. Time's flying by and you only have a few weeks left to register for managed payments.

This is your third reminder that your account will be enabled starting late July - please register by July 15. If you miss the registration deadline, from late July, we will start to restrict your ability to create new listings.

Register now in three simple steps:
1. Verify your information
2. Provide a bank account
3. Keep selling as normal"

I have highlighted the bit that really bothers me.
Obviously having had to be 'creative' with my stealth info, most of it is not actually verifiable.
Anyone care to elaborate on this latest eBay UK announcement?
Not much to elaborate on, unless you register, you wont be able to create new listings beginning then, your existing once MAY be ok for a while, but eventually will suffer the same fate.
Old 06-25-2020

Longevity: 22%

I'm am new to all this.i got banned on ebay like 7 years ago.and want to start with a basice ebay and PayPal account to start selling again need some help plz.
Old 06-25-2020

Longevity: 48%

Ok so got this 3rd reminder. Name change simple but bank statements will show ltd company which was previously banned.
Old 06-25-2020

Old 06-25-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
ID is not an issue if you switch to a real name..as the person is real.

Bank Statements can be easily modified.
What if the real person has been banned before? Would they pick this up now with dob name. Also will they ask for photo id
Old 06-25-2020

Longevity: 58%

I have applied with my ltd company today and uploaded my buisness bank account which matches my name amd didferent address and just put different dob as my real name dob was banned before , 30min later i got an email “ we couldnt verify you please upload your ID” i dont know what to do now should i put my real dob and take a chance as i am the only director of the company and have registered company and different address to the one which was banned before , my concerned is if i put the same name which i already have along with the same dob which i did not before would i be linked than , really worried now as there is red warning everytime i login to upload the id , just confuse if i should get creative with dob or just go and upload the my real id
Old 06-26-2020

So your old account was also registered as the same ltd company. Did they not ask the ltd company registration no?
Old 06-26-2020

Longevity: 58%

No it was not , it was just a buisness account without any comoany details
Old 06-26-2020

Longevity: 22%

Hi

So I registered for MP on my stealth account today. After an hour got an email to say my details couldn’t be verified. They asked me to give them the correct D.O.B which was correct. So I’ve uploaded driving License instead.

They will get back to me in a day or two.

It’s just a sole trader account. Different address and middle name as the surname.
Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

I don’t think eBay and PayPal are bothered if your name is your real name and your date of birth.

It’s just the usual which should be different. I always use my real name and date of birth it’s just easier for me lol