eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ? - Page 11 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-27-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 28%
Default Re: eBay UK - Managed Payments ? How will we stealth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_uk View Post
Hi

So I registered for MP on my stealth account today. After an hour got an email to say my details couldn’t be verified. They asked me to give them the correct D.O.B which was correct. So I’ve uploaded driving License instead.

They will get back to me in a day or two.

It’s just a sole trader account. Different address and middle name as the surname.
Did you upload a Stealth driving licence?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Just discovered the complete supplements / vitamins category is not allowed under managed payments.

What on earth have ebay done getting in to bed with adyen ... that's a big chunk of sellers that won't be allowed on managed payments and will have to take their business to another venue.

I genuinely think ebay are going to drastically lose business in the upcoming years when amazon fully takes over everything and new selling platforms like facebook marketplace improve their game and become more secure and start a feedback system and become another full on ebay.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Just discovered the complete supplements / vitamins category is not allowed under managed payments.

What on earth have ebay done getting in to bed with adyen ... that's a big chunk of sellers that won't be allowed on managed payments and will have to take their business to another venue.

I genuinely think ebay are going to drastically lose business in the upcoming years when amazon fully takes over everything and new selling platforms like facebook marketplace improve their game and become more secure and start a feedback system and become another full on ebay.
Where did you see that?

I sell a vitamin and that account has been told it must sign upto MP next month.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:

I imagine we may also see a small 'deal' with PayPal to extend the partnership for these catageories if Ayden do not get on board or until they do.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/s...policy?id=5009

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies...policy?id=5009

No mention of vitamins on either but given the claims some sellers make I can see them getting blocked.

Lots of hearsay, chinese whispers and guessing at the moment, I guess you'll find out fairly soon.
Yes you are correct about that.

Some of the supplements being sold and the claims are crazy.

If they do not allow vitamins and minerals being sold on ebay they will lose so much money and it would also drive some buyers to places like Amazon for good.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
Yes you are correct about that.

Some of the supplements being sold and the claims are crazy.

If they do not allow vitamins and minerals being sold on ebay they will lose so much money and it would also drive some buyers to places like Amazon for good.
They won't stop vitamins and minerals, just don't advertise them as for a specific condition or ailment or purpose and you'll be fine.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
They won't stop vitamins and minerals, just don't advertise them as for a specific condition or ailment or purpose and you'll be fine.
Yeah i think you are right about that.

There are some sellers on there that sell supplements with the most crazy claims.

Like its obviously a scam and the people buying them are desperate and want to believe it can work.

Its probably the end of the road for these sellers.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Did you upload a Stealth driving licence?
Yes. To match the details
Old 06-27-2020

There could be an interesting option though.

With these accounts essentially changing 'ownership', into genuine names to pass the MP.

It leaves fully functioning PayPal accounts working.

So you could create another account connected to the original PP and start selling on that as well. This was my fall back plan if MP registration failed, at least if not just to clear stock or until MP is fully mandatory, which could be a couple of years away.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (06-27-2020), StealthHarry (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

So on ebay.com as it stands you can't sell the following:-

Sellers enrolled in managed payments are not allowed to list the following items:

Adult only items, including movies and video games
Auction services
Bullion
Coins & paper money
Gift cards & coupons
Lodging, timeshares, vacation packages, and car rentals
Memberships for campground and RV parks
Motor vehicles
Smoking cessation products including nicotine patches and gum
Tickets for travel, events, or experiences
Wine

On ebay UK however you can't sell the following under managed payments:-

Adult only items, including sexual wellness and adult clothing
Alcohol, beer, spirits, and wine
Bullion
Coins, paper money, and virtual currency
Downloadable products and virtual items
E-cigarettes, tobacco pipes, vaporizers, and other smoking accessories
Gift cards, coupons, and vouchers
Inhalers and nebulizers
Lodging, timeshares, vacation packages, and car rentals
Motor vehicles
Real estate
Services
Smoking cessation products including nicotine patches and gum
Tickets for travel, events or experiences
Weight loss supplements, sports supplements, appetite control suppressants, and sleeping pills

They will no doubt be making revisions to this list but is it any wonder why everyone is panicking and so reluctant to get on board with MP. Why break a system that works ?
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Motor vehicles
Services
Weight loss supplements, sports supplements, appetite control suppressants, and sleeping pills

Surely those bring in a lot of revenue to ebay ?
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There could be an interesting option though.

With these accounts essentially changing 'ownership', into genuine names to pass the MP.

It leaves fully functioning PayPal accounts working.

So you could create another account connected to the original PP and start selling on that as well. This was my fall back plan if MP registration failed, at least if not just to clear stock or until MP is fully mandatory, which could be a couple of years away.
Read my mind.

This is something I would have definitely done to shift stock as well. But as it stands it looks like i'm enrolled to MP and all appears to be well.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Motor vehicles
Services

Surely those bring in a lot of revenue to ebay ?
Theres little point questioning why.

They have vast marketing executives that have weighed up that this move is infinitely more profitable even when losing those categories for what could be a temporary period.

eBay have never cared about their sellers, they see us as cannon fodder, there will always be another to replace.

People are panicked, rightly so, as it may affect their livelihoods, but eBay couldnt give a f*** if David from a village in the Cotswolds cant sell his occasional old coin and pay them a couple of quid commission. eBay has no accountability to their sellers, just their board members, so bigger profit option will stomp all before it.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Theres little point questioning why.

They have vast marketing executives that have weighed up that this move is infinitely more profitable even when losing those categories for what could be a temporary period.

eBay have never cared about their sellers, they see us as cannon fodder, there will always be another to replace.

People are panicked, rightly so, as it may affect their livelihoods, eBay has no accountability to their sellers, just their board members.
With that in mind ebay can never be a viable career for anybody then. Just a platform to make money while you can until you can bring enough traction to your own .com e-store.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Read my mind.

This is something I would have definitely done to shift stock as well. But as it stands it looks like i'm enrolled to MP and all appears to be well.
Have you got an 'active' date, some legit folk have been given exact dates when it will be fully active.
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 39%

Times like these...

Can’t even meet with the side hoes to make stress go
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
With that in mind ebay can never be a viable career for anybody then. Just a platform to make money while you can until you can bring enough traction to your own .com e-store.
I've never seen it as a viable career myself, especially Stealth, it works until it dosen't, and the money you make from it can be invested into other things.

One thing is for sure, Stealth is gonna be finito if it all carries on the way it is currently. Same as Amazon Ghost UK. Sure there will be costly ways around it, but even then you can invest so much getting it operational for it to be wiped out in a second. Look at those Amazon UK accounts, the one sole provider as all the others have stopped making them, nearly a grand for something that could die the day after purchase.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Have you got an 'active' date, some legit folk have been given exact dates when it will be fully active.
Haven't got an active date but had confirmation, a thank you email for signing up and that I will be activated at the end of july.

Prior to this email they said they will be making verifications / checks which is when I noticed the soft credit check on experian.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I've never seen it as a viable career myself, especially Stealth, it works until it dosen't, and the money you make from it can be invested into other things.

One thing is for sure, Stealth is gonna be finito if it all carries on the way it is currently. Same as Amazon Ghost UK. Sure there will be costly ways around it, but even then you can invest so much getting it operational for it to be wiped out in a second. Look at those Amazon UK accounts, the one sole provider as all the others have stopped making them, nearly a grand for something that could die the day after purchase.
Need multiple streams of revenue today can not focus on one thing. Especially ebay and these online venues. They have power over your complete business. And I agree, use the profits and invest into other things.
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Need multiple streams of revenue today can not focus on one thing. Especially ebay and these online venues. They have power over your complete business. And I agree, use the profits and invest into other things.
Definitely, but people evolve, so I am sure there will be some who still have the energy to battle the system and power of these companies to make a few quid.

For me, I'm getting far too old. I've had a great innings and made a lot of dollar. If the MP accounts die off, I will probably choose to go do something else, and in some ways it will be a blessing to not have to wake up to some arsey scrote who can barely write properly asking me in text speak where his item is cause its 3 minutes overdue and not have to live under the dark cloud of a 'your account has been limited' email.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
DarkKnight17 (10-28-2020)
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Definitely, but people evolve, so I am sure there will be some who still have the energy to battle the system and power of these companies to make a few quid.

For me, I'm getting far too old. I've had a great innings and made a lot of dollar. If the MP accounts die off, I will probably choose to go do something else, and in some ways it will be a blessing to not have to wake up to some arsey scrote who can barely write properly asking me in text speak where his item is cause its 3 minutes overdue and not have to live under the dark cloud of a 'your account has been limited' email.
Lol

There will definitely be work arounds in the future when it's all settled and implemented, it's just a shame we are at the forefront risking our necks (accounts).
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 39%

Anything is possible Warren Buffett made hes money after 50 - don’t count yourself out

I wish I was born 10 years earlier - I would’ve f*ck*d eBay so much better had I got that extra time - discovered it in college at 17 made 600£ first day - now I’m 21 been a good innings - but at this moment in time it’s the last over with 36 runs remaining

May Allah help us all in these troubling times - praying for you all
Lol

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to StealthHarry For This Useful Post:
Pathos (06-27-2020)