I passed the hard paypal limiation! 10k sales - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-05-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default I passed the hard paypal limiation! 10k sales

Hi there, i am a UK eBay seller. Around last Xmas, ebay gave me that mc011 for selling a high quantity of iphones (almost 50 a week). So, i was inevitably suspended. Now, as gutted as i was because that was a personal account, i decided to go stealth, and aged an account for 2 months (both pay pal and eBay). I sell phones for a living, and since i started to push my sales last week, i did 12k in sales!! I know, crazy right, so then paypal limited me asking for invoices and ID. The ID part i was fine with as my name is common so can use that name on other pay pals i guess. However, my supplier does not provide invoices (his a friend of mine so i just collect stock from him) so i had to make one using a template online!

THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART IF YOU WANT TO PASS THE INVOICE BIT; MAKE SURE A COMPANY REGISTRATION NUMBER AND VAT NUMBER IS PRESENT FROM THAT COMPANY AND A CONTACT NUMBER (BUT PAYPAL WILL NOT PHONE THEM). ALSO, MAKE AT LEAST 3 DATED ONES FROM THE PAST 6 MONTHS. AND, ENSURE YOUR EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBER THAT MATCH WITH PAYPAL ARE ON THAT INVOICE ALONG WITH SOME PHONEY TRACKING NUMBER. BECAUSE I BUY AND SELL PHONES, THE INVOICE HAD A LIST OF PHONES AND SERIAL NUMBERS FOR RECORD (PROVIDES MORE LEGITIMACY). JUST FIND ANY SUPPLIER ONLINE AND CHECK THEIR COMPANY DETAILS AND PASTE THEM INTO THE TEMPLATE LOL.

Additionally, its best to submit everything whilst on the phone to a papal rep, and sweet talk to them. In my case, the rep was a female so i sort of flirted in a light way with her haha. Then i said ill eave her a letter of recommendation and he was chuffed (even more reason to place good notes on my account).

So, 24 hours later, my account was free and i managed to transfer at least 3k back to my bank lol.

BUT, my question now is that will paypal limit me like this again? I will still do high sales i guess but should i be cautious or not pass a certain amount? I've passed the EU limit and the invoice one, surely there cannot be anymore limitations? I also plan not to have any paypal cases from ebay as i refund most of my buyers immediately.

P.S, my eBay is now at 120 days and is top rated with a few returns (all fast and swift returns from buyers who didnt like the phones or colour lol). So would i have to be still cautious of an mc011? I plan not to give anything to ebay as my ebay is on a random name and they never accept invoices.

Thanks for hearing my waffle haha, any advice?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: I passed the hard paypal limiation! 10k sales

Yes i will be expecting that very soon, however im 19 and dont really have a company as such, would that matter?. Essentially, i trade phones on ebay for profit. I have registered as an ebay seller, but how would i go about applying for a vat number? Is that something HMRC give out when u register as 'self employed'?

Regards.
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Apologies, im new to this forum post and i may have submitted this to the wrong thread lol.
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Talking Re: I passed the hard paypal limiation! 10k sales

I see, and regarding VAT on ebay, i plan to do 70k in sales (per year) on each stealth if possible. Would that trigger an ebay vat message or is it for a higher sale total? Would paypal in the UK also ask for vat as i understand that the USA get an email after 20k in sales. I plan to register as a sole trader this year so all taxes from ebay will be paid as my intentions are to of course profit aha.
Old 05-05-2020

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 41%

Congratulations on having a business that isn't selling illegal, vero or ph.ake products.

With the amount of profit you will be making just approach any accountant they will set you up.

Due to the nature of stealth it's definitely wise to rotate accounts. You will definitely end up becoming VAT registered if you are about to hit 85k+ a year in sales. But that's something your accountant will handle and advise you on. So get one.
Old 05-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Beware of Paypal putting a rolling retention in place
Old 05-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaywanton View Post
I see, and regarding VAT on ebay, i plan to do 70k in sales (per year) on each stealth if possible. Would that trigger an ebay vat message or is it for a higher sale total? Would paypal in the UK also ask for vat as i understand that the USA get an email after 20k in sales. I plan to register as a sole trader this year so all taxes from ebay will be paid as my intentions are to of course profit aha.
From my experience ebay personally phoned me when I hit 79k and asked whether I was planning on adding a VAT registration number or not. I didn't want to exceed the VAT threshold so just stopped doing business for 4 months.

It's up to you to decide whether you will be doing the same.

iPhones are popular items so I got a feeling you will have to become VAT registered unless you want to stop selling for several months of the year.
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Thats fine, and regarding vero items, what are they? I have hard some people say iphones are vero items and vice-versa. I understand they are high risk but would they be vero? I guess i just dont understand the term lol. All of my stock is legit apple phones from a registered distributer.
Old 05-05-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Thats fine, and regarding vero items, what are they? I have hard some people say iphones are vero items and vice-versa. I understand they are high risk but would they be vero? I guess i just dont understand the term lol. All of my stock is legit apple phones from a registered distributer.
where are you getting these phones?
Old 05-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
where are you getting these phones?
The Following User Says Thank You to bjammin For This Useful Post:
PepsiCoin (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020

Quote:
iphones are vero if they are stolen, blacklisted etc

but if they are legitimate stock from a registered iphone distributor (your friend) then good for you

i'm surprised your friend couldn't provide you with invoices though so you had to make phake ones yourself ? how come ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
ebaywanton (05-05-2020), PepsiCoin (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

My friend is an apple distributor and sells around 800 phones daily, most coming from insurance companies or apple themselves (returns or faulty ones which are refurbished).

Regarding the invoices, he sends a confirmation letter to my emails which is sort of an invoice with quantity and prices, but it would not get away as an invoice to paypal as it doesn't include payment methods, tax number, or his personal name.

So essentially, i had to visit the GOV.UK page to see his company details, then placed them on my template, and of course modified the address as my ebay is not linked t any persona addresses
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaywanton For This Useful Post:
xovian (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020

Thanked 1,107 Times in 1,043 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

if your friend is a legit distributor and sell 800 phones a day,why cant he give you a legit invoice?
On refunding without Paypal disputes,too many refunds will count against you,dispute or no dispute,as Paypal makes no money from your transactions
Old 05-05-2020

Quote:
My friend is an apple distributor and sells around 800 phones daily, most coming from insurance companies or apple themselves (returns or faulty ones which are refurbished).

Regarding the invoices, he sends a confirmation letter to my emails which is sort of an invoice with quantity and prices, but it would not get away as an invoice to paypal as it doesn't include payment methods, tax number, or his personal name.

So essentially, i had to visit the GOV.UK page to see his company details, then placed them on my template, and of course modified the address as my ebay is not linked t any persona addresses
Fair enough.

Make as much money as you can because managed payments is coming soon, so you may have to verify yourself all over again and possibly may not be able to stealth it.
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Yea MP is going to be a bummer. Is it possible to change my personal name on my business account s i understand MP will ask for matching passport name. If possible, i would it a few weeks beforehand, but would changing it back to my real name flag my ebay?
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

They are legit invoices and have a lot of necessary info, but were missing a few details such as my payment method and their company number. Many invoices i have dont even include the company registration number, which paypal deems suspicious.
Old 05-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Does not looks to me your friend does legit business and specially when he sell 800 iphones per day its carzy he cant issue invoices

Paypal.or ebay can hit you hard any times does not matter what you do specially with selling these expensive phones and time will come when their fraud or risk department will do money laundeey search on you and they cant find you off course then account will be limited so best to spread the sale on multiple ebay and paypal accounts
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

lol, all of his business and goods are regulated. He specifically has a contract with apple in which he has to buy a specific amount worth of apple phones from them per year. From that, he then wholesales them from his company building to other clients. The invoices he provides are legit, but will not get away with paypal as they would find it too brief (because paypal are way too strict). But thats just paypal. The invoices he provides are fine with HMRC who are 1000x bigger than paypal, so this is a legit supplier to clarify lol.
Old 05-05-2020
Threadstarter  

He has also passed every limitation on ebay and paypal on his personal account with over 3k feedback
Old 05-05-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
He has also passed every limitation on ebay and paypal on his personal account with over 3k feedback
what's your skype or email address?
Old 05-06-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Anyway you can share the document or the link to the document so we can see what works

Congrats on passing