eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   Tried to enroll on Ebay manage payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/135847-tried-enroll-ebay-manage-payments.html)

waqas734 05-06-2020 02:00 PM

Tried to enroll on Ebay manage payments

Hello

I thought would share my experience after days of stress , i was invited today via ebay message to enroll on the system , even though i have not completed fully but complete some part of it selected as sole trader and they it asked to verify the detaisl already on account such as name and dob and than in 3rd step to add bank account thats it , i have mot completed the 3rd step yet but that was all it did not ask any documents or open another third party link to register so i think it should be a simple step , one thing to mention address on the account is still different than what would be on the.bank but name will match ,
Would need more input from the guru’s here or somebody who have completed the full and last step

james_112233 05-06-2020 02:42 PM

Re: Tried to enroll on Ebay manage payments

Nobody is a guru when it comes to managed payments because it is still brand new to all of us.

Your experience is valuable so thank you for sharing.

The problem isn't the fact they haven't requested docs ... because on Etsy I have never been asked for docs yet and it's my legit account.

The issue is can we sell up to 85k without being asked for docs on eBay ? probably not. So when we are asked for docs everything needs to match unless you get creative at that time. Now unlike Paypal, Adyen may do proper checks with a database.

waqas734 05-06-2020 03:15 PM

I dont think ayden will do checks as ebay is managing payments Yes correct on esty i have not been asked anything and as far as ayden will do checks , paypal do the same i have see. Traces on my credit file and one who dont have any info on credit file they ask the docs than to pass 2100 euro receiving limit

13obby 05-06-2020 03:29 PM

The only way to find out is to complete the whole process on a legit account so you know the ins and outs of the whole process I’ll be doing this on my legit account tomorrow and see how it goes and report back.

For the meantime I’m going to wait and not do anything on my stealth accounts until it’s compulsory hopefully by then we’ll have a work around or know more on how MP works.

I was reading a thread on eBay business forums in relation MP and a few sellers stated that after completing registration eBay request you send them a screenshot of your bank account clearly showing the account name not sure how works but hey just thought I’d share this the more info the better.

waqas734 05-06-2020 04:05 PM

Thanks please report back tommorrow , i dont think the snapshot thing they will do that lets see we will find out in few days

Hardgrafter 05-06-2020 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waqas734 (Post 1091468)
Hello

I thought would share my experience after days of stress , i was invited today via ebay message to enroll on the system , even though i have not completed fully but complete some part of it selected as sole trader and they it asked to verify the detaisl already on account such as name and dob and than in 3rd step to add bank account thats it , i have mot completed the 3rd step yet but that was all it did not ask any documents or open another third party link to register so i think it should be a simple step , one thing to mention address on the account is still different than what would be on the.bank but name will match ,
Would need more input from the guru’s here or somebody who have completed the full and last step

Hi Waqas,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Like James123 said your input is valuable at this time.
I have also been invited to apply on my stealth account. I don't have a real account ad this was banned a while back. I am also sort of stressed out as to how I can carry on making a living on eBay with stealths.

I hope members with real accounts can share some tips and advice when they sigm up successfully with MP.

Good luck to all. I hope we all make it happen soon.

james_112233 05-06-2020 05:41 PM

My real business account on ebay is yet to get invited. It's top rated and i've received a dozen emails so won't be long. That's my only "real" account so I will also report back when i'm finally forced to sign up and see what happens.

It's my "personal / individual - non business" stealth accounts that I am very worried about. Although they will be the last to get invited as they are not business accounts i'm concerned as to how I will pass any doc checks with those without having to get creative.

Brad9221 05-06-2020 05:49 PM

I too have been invited, but I've been invited on a banned account so I don't want to input my bank details as they'll become redundant. The OP is right in saying all they request is DOB and various other simple information. They then ask you to hook up your bank account and clearly state your bank name needs to match your ebay account. Which got me thinking...whats stopping us creating stealth accounts in our correct names(there's thousands of people with the same name as you!) with different address and DOBs and then hooking the bank account up to those? This is of course, providing they don't request docs further down the line. Am I missing something....? It just seems to easy?

Hardgrafter 05-06-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad9221 (Post 1091511)
I too have been invited, but I've been invited on a banned account so I don't want to input my bank details as they'll become redundant. The OP is right in saying all they request is DOB and various other simple information. They then ask you to hook up your bank account and clearly state your bank name needs to match your ebay account. Which got me thinking...whats stopping us creating stealth accounts in our correct names(there's thousands of people with the same name as you!) with different address and DOBs and then hooking the bank account up to those? This is of course, providing they don't request docs further down the line. Am I missing something....? It just seems to easy?

Yes, I can understand your point. If its just the name that needs to match bank account then yes of course I can confidently see this working out nicely, fingers crossed. Even if they require same docs as PP ask for during soft limit and hard limit time, I suppose creative docs can be supplied to MP to support that verification process on stealths.

However, if MP do an actual database check to cross reference info then that's when it will create issues.
Thats the bit I am stressed out about. If this is the case then whoever's fortunate to still have a real info account on EB can most probably pass that verification and carry on trading. But those of us who got banned on our actual real accounts are finished in my opinion.

J1mmy 05-07-2020 04:16 AM

I've started the process to see what information they require. The steps I have taken so far are as follows -

Formed a Ltd company
Rented a business unit in Ltd company name
Opened a business bank account in Ltd company name

If you go down this route then ebay will require personal details of either a director or a beneficial owner with at least 25% shares.

So I plan on making a very close friend of mine a share holder with the said 25% of shares and using his details (with his permission of course)

The Business details on the ebay account are in the ltd company name although I can't change the original name on the account from when it was a personal account.

Brad9221 05-07-2020 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J1mmy (Post 1091566)
I've started the process to see what information they require. The steps I have taken so far are as follows -

Formed a Ltd company

If you go down this route then ebay will require personal details of either a director or a beneficial owner with at least 25% shares.

So I plan on making a very close friend of mine a share holder with the said 25% of shares and using his details (with his permission of course)

The Business details on the ebay account are in the ltd company name although I can't change the original name on the account from when it was a personal account.

What a long winded process this is! All this work just to potentially be banned on listing your first item :rip:

arshavin 05-07-2020 06:53 AM

I'm getting anxious over this.

I have stealth accounts that are over 10 years old that i take great care with and don't do anything shady.

They are not huge earners on there own but combined is how i make a living.

Also lets say we have 1 account that passes into MP system fine, and it gets banned down the line just because ebay decides so (it happens), then we are 100% screwed because we can't just make new ones.

I'm worried.

agent006140 05-07-2020 08:12 AM

I am sure someone will offer you fresh idea of how to make a new one

Bradd 05-07-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13obby (Post 1091487)
The only way to find out is to complete the whole process on a legit account so you know the ins and outs of the whole process I’ll be doing this on my legit account tomorrow and see how it goes and report back.

For the meantime I’m going to wait and not do anything on my stealth accounts until it’s compulsory hopefully by then we’ll have a work around or know more on how MP works.

I was reading a thread on eBay business forums in relation MP and a few sellers stated that after completing registration eBay request you send them a screenshot of your bank account clearly showing the account name not sure how works but hey just thought I’d share this the more info the better.

Surely our creative friends can make those screen shots if we pay them ???

james_112233 05-07-2020 09:17 AM

Quote:

Formed a Ltd company

Absolutely ridiculous to be taking those steps right now before managed payments is forced on us in the UK.

As somebody else said ... only to be banned listing your first item due to being a "security" risk.

waqas734 05-07-2020 10:53 AM

I am not sure why is everybody stressed , i have not been asked anything on ayden and i am sure this would be same you just need to verify and add bank accounts , there was option to add bank accounts before as well and some of us added our bank accounts snd ebay even took fees directly only difference is this time they have made it mandatory to add bank accounts , so when you submitting the info they only ask to verify those details already on account and in last step just add bank account thats it and i am hopefull they wont ask any documnets after that i am yet to see a person who added those details to enroll and got suspended , what i have done in all of my stealth accounts i changed all the names to my relatives names whos account got banned but i have access to the bank with real info so i left the address on account which was stealth but changed name and now adding the bank with name match on ebay and bank accounts

J1mmy 05-07-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1091608)
Absolutely ridiculous to be taking those steps right now before managed payments is forced on us in the UK.

As somebody else said ... only to be banned listing your first item due to being a "security" risk.

No, this is a large account that turns over a lot of money and feeds me and my family. I set it up 18 months ago after my first account got shut down.
It's in a different name, different address, bank, merchant paypal, new computers and ISP's. It's just that the name of the account holder is imaginary!! :-)

e2free 05-07-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waqas734 (Post 1091622)
I am not sure why is everybody stressed , i have not been asked anything on ayden and i am sure this would be same you just need to verify and add bank accounts , there was option to add bank accounts before as well and some of us added our bank accounts snd ebay even took fees directly only difference is this time they have made it mandatory to add bank accounts , so when you submitting the info they only ask to verify those details already on account and in last step just add bank account thats it and i am hopefull they wont ask any documnets after that i am yet to see a person who added those details to enroll and got suspended , what i have done in all of my stealth accounts i changed all the names to my relatives names whos account got banned but i have access to the bank with real info so i left the address on account which was stealth but changed name and now adding the bank with name match on ebay and bank accounts

You just applied this does not means you approved for MP, i left the process at step 3 and had call from ebay few days ago where he wanted me to complete all the steps i said will do in week or so but over the phone he explained the MP will be ready to trial out in july and they just getting some.of sellers ready for it and he also sent full list of documents which required for MP which is standard
Only time will tell us its too early to say

Sanreeko 05-07-2020 11:39 AM

13obby how did you get on? So has anyone actually gone through the whole process? If the name on the bank account Has to be the same, then the only chance I have is to change the name on my account as I refuse to make an actual bank account in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. However if I just change the name on my eBay to mine and attach a legit bank account 1. Addresses will be different 2. Surely they'll match the address to old banned account?

13obby 05-07-2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanreeko (Post 1091628)
13obby how did you get on? So has anyone actually gone through the whole process? If the name on the bank account Has to be the same, then the only chance I have is to change the name on my account as I refuse to make an actual bank account in a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name. However if I just change the name on my eBay to mine and attach a legit bank account 1. Addresses will be different 2. Surely they'll match the address to old banned account?

Sorry been so busy I haven’t had a chance I’m going to do it over the weekend and report back.

JamesNorth101 05-07-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanreeko (Post 1091628)

Addresses on bank accounts wont matter.

assad 05-09-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Formed a Ltd company

With ebay even if the company ltd dont you still have to put a person's personal details down?