New Managed Payment Email - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-04-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default New Managed Payment Email

I'm sure most of you guys will have just received this moments ago, i'll paste it below incase some people didn't.

Does this mean we now have no choice than to do this by that date or is this still an option we can put off for now?

It looks like we have no choice to me but i hope i am wrong.

Starting late next month, eBay will begin managing your payments. Now’s the time to join thousands of sellers by registering for the simpler way to do business on eBay.

1. Verify your information
2. Provide a bank account
3. Keep selling as normal

Register now →
Please make sure you register by July 15. Your account will be enabled starting from late July.

Once you register, nothing will change until eBay activates your account starting late next month. We will notify you of your activation date well in advance, and will be sharing more information about the change, and how to take full advantage of our new, simpler approach to payments.
Running your business is simpler when eBay manages your payments, and buyers have more ways to pay:

Simpler to sell - Checkout is more flexible, with an easier experience for buyers

Simpler to get paid - Payouts are automatic, sent directly to your bank account

Simpler to manage - Operations run smoother, with simplified fees, integrated reporting, and streamlined support

Want more information on how eBay is making your business simpler? Learn more about all the features and benefits when eBay manages your payments on the eBay Seller Center. For full fee details, click here.

You can find additional details about the registration process on the Help Hub here. If you still have questions, you can request a call from one of our Payments team members there - we’re here for you.

Please click here to register for managed payments now.

For those who currently use PayPal Working Capital, please read our FAQs on the eBay Seller Center for your available options. If you have more questions on working capital loans, please provide us with some information here & we’ll be in touch to discuss your options.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-04-2020
dbhana121

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: New Managed Payment Email

I don't believe its forcing you. It's just saying your account will be enabled by July to opt in. But in a few months I reckon they will start forcing sellers.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 58%

I just got this too.

Is this ebay's way of cutting paypal out of the scheme? My accounts are all in perfect working order. I ONLY accept paypal and require immediate payment. No checks, credit cards...only PP.

It sounds like ebay is wanting to have the money go directly in and out of my checking account.
Old 06-04-2020

Longevity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket View Post
I just got this too.

Is this ebay's way of cutting paypal out of the scheme? My accounts are all in perfect working order. I ONLY accept paypal and require immediate payment. No checks, credit cards...only PP.

It sounds like ebay is wanting to have the money go directly in and out of my checking account.
Where have you been? This has been happening for years, its called Managed Payments. D Day is July 15th. You better get reading up!
Old 06-04-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshavin View Post
I'm sure most of you guys will have just received this moments ago, i'll paste it below incase some people didn't.

Does this mean we now have no choice than to do this by that date or is this still an option we can put off for now?

It looks like we have no choice to me but i hope i am wrong.

Starting late next month, eBay will begin managing your payments. Now’s the time to join thousands of sellers by registering for the simpler way to do business on eBay.

2. Provide a bank account
3. Keep selling as normal

Register now →
Please make sure you register by July 15. Your account will be enabled starting from late July.

Once you register, nothing will change until eBay activates your account starting late next month. We will notify you of your activation date well in advance, and will be sharing more information about the change, and how to take full advantage of our new, simpler approach to payments.
Running your business is simpler when eBay manages your payments, and buyers have more ways to pay:

Simpler to sell - Checkout is more flexible, with an easier experience for buyers

Simpler to get paid - Payouts are automatic, sent directly to your bank account

Simpler to manage - Operations run smoother, with simplified fees, integrated reporting, and streamlined support

Want more information on how eBay is making your business simpler? Learn more about all the features and benefits when eBay manages your payments on the eBay Seller Center. For full fee details, click here.

You can find additional details about the registration process on the Help Hub here. If you still have questions, you can request a call from one of our Payments team members there - we’re here for you.

Please click here to register for managed payments now.

For those who currently use PayPal Working Capital, please read our FAQs on the eBay Seller Center for your available options. If you have more questions on working capital loans, please provide us with some information here & we’ll be in touch to discuss your options.
Ebay CS have told me 4 times we HAVE to be signed up by 15th otherwise we will no longer be able to accept payments, but also 6 times that it wont be mandatory (yet).

Clear as mud. So we wont know until the date I guess.
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
Ebay CS have told me 4 times we HAVE to be signed up by 15th otherwise we will no longer be able to accept payments, but also 6 times that it wont be mandatory (yet).

Clear as mud. So we wont know until the date I guess.
Holy ****!

I've no idea what I'm going to do losing these accounts. I am totally fu$%^#d
Old 06-04-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

Nowhere on that email does it say the word 'MUST'.
It is NOT compulsory at this point from everything Im reading - at least for UK accounts.
And from everything Im reading this is only impacting heavier sellers - NOT everybody.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (06-08-2020)
Old 06-04-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
It is NOT compulsory at this point from everything Im reading - at least for UK accounts.
And from everything Im reading this is only impacting heavier sellers - NOT everybody.
I really hope you are right but my feeling is this is it. We must sign up by that date.
Old 06-05-2020

Longevity: 52%

Here is the email I got what if I don’t sign up by July 15th will I still be able to use paypal?

Managed payments is essential to enhancing the buying and selling experience on eBay, providing sellers one place to sell and get paid, and buyers more ways to pay. eBay will manage payments for most sellers by the end of 2020. Your account will be enabled for managed payments starting late next month. You are required to register by July 15 to ensure there are no interruptions to your account.

Register now in three simple steps:
2. Provide a checking account
3. Don’t miss a beat and keep selling!
Old 06-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthzadar View Post
Here is the email I got what if I don’t sign up by July 15th will I still be able to use paypal?

Managed payments is essential to enhancing the buying and selling experience on eBay, providing sellers one place to sell and get paid, and buyers more ways to pay. eBay will manage payments for most sellers by the end of 2020. Your account will be enabled for managed payments starting late next month. You are required to register by July 15 to ensure there are no interruptions to your account.

Register now in three simple steps:
2. Provide a checking account
3. Don’t miss a beat and keep selling!

This is the UK Managed Payment forum.

We do not have 'you are REQUIRED' in our emails, hence why we seek clarification and discussion, we have known what US based sellers emails have said for a long time, and its expected, but not confirmed, that US sellers will no longer be able to take payments after 15th July.
Old 06-05-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Yeah, as your American colleague posted, UK emails dont yet have the 'you are required' to before the July 15th date.

However, I am still not convinced that this won't be the case, but live in hope till then!