Saver accounts & Stealth ID - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Saver accounts & Stealth ID

I’m just going to add this because I’ve not seen it yet on Aspkin

But for the new MP to work in our favour for most of us we need =

Everyday savers to be viable with eBay MP

No issues with Mismatched names - on PayPal this is fine still as I’ve added new banks to new PayPals recently

& Stealth ID to pass verification

-

If these work in our favour we might be okay, if not eBay isn’t looking too bright for some of us
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Saver accounts & Stealth ID

Have you tried this already ?
Old 06-26-2020
Threadstarter  

No I’m just enquiring

But prospects don’t look to bright for any of us currently

We should do a online petition to tell eBay to not make MP mandatory
Old 06-26-2020

Longevity: 28%

So in that case the address on the bank account will need to be the same as the one on eBay? As when eBay take money e.g. for fees from the account they will be able to see the address?
Old 06-27-2020

Mismatch names cause ID verification check and bank statement submission with MP. We know this already if you read the threads on this section of the forum.

As yet, only a few people have submitted stealth ID and not reported back if it works or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you, sorry there’s so much on here now its hard to catch up

I read ages ago on Aspkin regarding mismatched names that if the first name and surname have the same start letter you might get away with it

Example =
Real Bank Name - Henry Horton
Stealth Name - Harry Hill

Silly example but is this viable, I’m sure I read about it here not sure if has any validity

Also, a big question is would Ayden accept Saver accounts like PayPal did or are they strictly Current / Business bank accounts only

I was reading the eBay Comm forums earlier someone did say they spoke with a eBay rep regarding the 15th July listing restriction. The eBay rep said that MP won’t be mandatory- did give a glimmer of hope. What was said further on was tommorow is uncertain regarding if it’ll be mandatory and another user wrote if he chatted with another eBay rep on the same day he’ll tell him it’s mandatory

What don’t make sense is that it’s not mandatory in the USA yet and they’ve had far longer with MP’s

I regret talking bad about good old PayPal now honestly they are scroundals but not as bad as Ayden

Another option is if we can post the CEO of ebays face on here - someone will see him around and we can all chip in to a fund and try to bribe he’s sorry ass
Old 06-27-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareen101 View Post
So in that case the address on the bank account will need to be the same as the one on eBay?
Im wondering about this myself.. my eBay and bank address is different and I got email saying they can’t verify my info.. wonder if that’s the problem
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthHarry View Post
Thank you, sorry there’s so much on here now its hard to catch up

I read ages ago on Aspkin regarding mismatched names that if the first name and surname have the same start letter you might get away with it

Example =
Real Bank Name - Henry Horton
Stealth Name - Harry Hill

Silly example but is this viable, I’m sure I read about it here not sure if has any validity

Also, a big question is would Ayden accept Saver accounts like PayPal did or are they strictly Current / Business bank accounts only

I was reading the eBay Comm forums earlier someone did say they spoke with a eBay rep regarding the 15th July listing restriction. The eBay rep said that MP won’t be mandatory- did give a glimmer of hope. What was said further on was tommorow is uncertain regarding if it’ll be mandatory and another user wrote if he chatted with another eBay rep on the same day he’ll tell him it’s mandatory

What don’t make sense is that it’s not mandatory in the USA yet and they’ve had far longer with MP’s

I regret talking bad about good old PayPal now honestly they are scroundals but not as bad as Ayden

Another option is if we can post the CEO of ebays face on here - someone will see him around and we can all chip in to a fund and try to bribe he’s sorry ass
It sure is mandatory for those that have had the 15th email, as eBay have now stated that you wont be able to list new items, and from a chast with CS, you wont be able to add quantity to GTC listings until you register.

There is also chat saying they will take the payments for sales, and you have to sign up to MP to 'claim' the funds.

Im convinved now there will be no backdown at all.

Ayden will accept any account, business, personal, saver but I am pretty much convinced, based on the evidence already shown that mismatched names wont work, if you choose to try a a mismatch, you have to hope the ID passes as this will be requested very quickly. This is the area not yet explored. No one has reported back after hooky ID has been submitted.

If your ID fails, this could mean goodbye to the account forever, but again this has not been tested yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathos For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (06-27-2020)
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Things don’t look to good

Either a bribe, online petition or if anyone knows a alternative to eBay besides amazon etsy

I honestly can’t believe that the 2 above mentioned online marketplaces are leaders in U.K.

If there was a saturation of online marketplaces eBay wouldn’t be such d*cks
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
Things don’t look to good

Either a bribe, online petition or if anyone knows a alternative to eBay besides amazon etsy

I honestly can’t believe that the 2 above mentioned online marketplaces are leaders in U.K.

If there was a saturation of online marketplaces eBay wouldn’t be such d*cks
E-commerce in the UK is now pretty much controlled by eBay and Amazon. I really think we will see them in the future having so much control they can dictate government policy.

Online petitions are futile, especially at a time when the government is dealing with much bigger things than eBay instigating a payment system like all the other e-commerce sites. You would need to extensively study, at legal level, competition law to even make any form or argument. You can't just cry that eBay isnt making it fair for dodgy traders lol.

Basically, although some things are still unanswered regarding stealth and MP , if you want your existing accounts to work after the 15th July (if they got the email) then sign up to MP.
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

How about for those that didn’t get the email will they suffer the same fate, any opinions

Thank you
Old 06-27-2020

Quote:
How about for those that didn’t get the email will they suffer the same fate, any opinions

Thank you
Eventually..
Old 06-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Well this year looks ruined then
Old 06-28-2020

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 41%

I'm confident we can all transition ONE account through to MP using our real details.

The question is how are you going to transfer ALL of your stealths to MP without using friends and family names, banks and IDs to take over the accounts.

Not all of us have that luxury.

I want to get all of my stealths through using my real details but worried it will be a massive problem. How many accounts are we allowed on ebay anyway under the same person ?
Old 06-29-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
I'm confident we can all transition ONE account through to MP using our real details.

The question is how are you going to transfer ALL of your stealths to MP without using friends and family names, banks and IDs to take over the accounts.

Not all of us have that luxury.

I want to get all of my stealths through using my real details but worried it will be a massive problem. How many accounts are we allowed on ebay anyway under the same person ?
what makes you think that way?You ll link all the accounts and they may ban all in 1 single day and you just completely boot off ebay..what we avoiding for in this forum all these years?