mp id - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 11-06-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%
Default mp id

Hi, when prompted for MP on another business account, they simply asked for bank info, and NO ID.

Is this the case with some other people, as i simply had to just submit a bank statement...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-06-2020

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 87%
Default Re: mp id

Was this account with legit details or stealth details?
Old 11-08-2020

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 22%

On My legit accounts they only ask for bank account info ( login via "Trustly or send them bank statement)

When I convert stealth account to legit ,they request ID and login via "Trustly or send them bank statement

So far they never asked Me for Address confirmation (both legit and stealth accounts)
Old 11-09-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaywanton View Post
Hi, when prompted for MP on another business account, they simply asked for bank info, and NO ID.

Is this the case with some other people, as i simply had to just submit a bank statement...
ID will follow if the bank account cannot be verified
Old 11-09-2020

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
ID will follow if the bank account cannot be verified
Yes exactly, you must be ready for that step.
The Following User Says Thank You to @NasterXchange For This Useful Post:
delboy (11-09-2020)
Old 11-10-2020

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99p View Post
On My legit accounts they only ask for bank account info ( login via "Trustly or send them bank statement)

When I convert stealth account to legit ,they request ID and login via "Trustly or send them bank statement

So far they never asked Me for Address confirmation (both legit and stealth accounts)
What did you do to convert stealth to legit?
Old 11-19-2020

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by @NasterXchange View Post
Yes exactly, you must be ready for that step.
I provided legit bank statement and credit card statement, still asking for photo ID or other non photo id docs. If they did a simple credit check they could see my info was all legit in seconds.

Now they are handling peoples money ebay and adyen probably come under KYC (know your customer) rules here in UK, which requires them to prove a customers identity. All part of anti money laundering rules I believe.
Old 11-20-2020

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99p View Post

Is that what you did then ? provide ID on your stealth account after entering your legit details in the MP portal ? did they successfully allow you to sell and receive money ?

That is EXACTLY what I want to do. I have no reason to go stealth and never did. I got banned for the most ridiculous reason in the first place years ago.

The only advantage to stealth that I saw was the peace of mind should one store ever go down for any reason your other stores would be OK because they were unlinked.

But to be fair I don't sell vero or any questionabel items in the first place so I should never be worried about that anyway.
Old 11-23-2020

Longevity: 60%

Hi all, eBay managed payment is giving me headaches, have been reading for the past hour or so. Never been so stressed in a long time.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers or advise if I am thinking the right direction?

So far I have been enrolled onto managed payment, they are holding onto payment, they have asked for bank statement and id as I believe my stealth account has not passed credit check.

Am I correct in saying it is best to covert my stealth to real details? My situation with eBay was that my legit account got banned years ago, but years later I called in and they reinstated my real account.

If I was to covert my stealth acc, and provide real bank detail and real Id would you say there’s any chance of them digging up old database and banning both accounts.

Am I correct in saying providing doctored ids and bank statement does more harm than good given so many people receives an instant ban after 2 weeks?

Any help is much appreciated

Last edited by mrgazer; 11-23-2020 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgazer View Post
Hi all, eBay managed payment is giving me headaches, have been reading for the past hour or so. Never been so stressed in a long time.

Was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers or advise if I am thinking the right direction?

So far I have been enrolled onto managed payment, they are holding onto payment, they have asked for bank statement and id as I believe my stealth account has not passed credit check.

Am I correct in saying it is best to covert my stealth to real details? My situation with eBay was that my legit account got banned years ago, but years later I called in and they reinstated my real account.

If I was to covert my stealth acc, and provide real bank detail and real Id would you say there’s any chance of them digging up old database and banning both accounts.

Am I correct in saying providing doctored ids and bank statement does more harm than good given so many people receives an instant ban after 2 weeks?

Any help is much appreciated
Definitely give your real info

That's the only chance you have. Ebay are far too busy processing thousands of applications to reban you for being banned years ago.
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Definitely give your real info

That's the only chance you have. Ebay are far too busy processing thousands of applications to reban you for being banned years ago.
Many thanks for the info, seeing you are quite active across a few threads. It really is an encouragement for me to go ahead with converting stealth.

Question now is, do I change these details in stages? Or it’s ok to change them all in one go. I’ve been getting mixed info on these. Many thanks
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgazer View Post
Many thanks for the info, seeing you are quite active across a few threads. It really is an encouragement for me to go ahead with converting stealth.

Question now is, do I change these details in stages? Or it’s ok to change them all in one go. I’ve been getting mixed info on these. Many thanks
Do it all in one go.

Seriously that's what I did

NO ID requested, NO BANK statement. Verify through trustily and you'll be back to selling. Had my first payout today as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to james_112233 For This Useful Post:
rafoman (01-05-2021)
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 53%

now if we can use real details with different bank accounts on multiple accounts without getting suspended or linked would be the key!
Old 11-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
now if we can use real details with different bank accounts on multiple accounts without getting suspended or linked would be the key!
Kind of wishful thinking but yes...
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 53%

Its more desperation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Kind of wishful thinking but yes...
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
I believe implementation of MP is in the best case a reset on ebay where they may ignore anything that happened in the past with an account not registered for MP. Of course I am talking about the most favourable outcome which may or may not occur

anyway I can not imagine that ebay would not be searching and suspending any accounts linked to an indefinitely suspended account that was already using MP
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
Do it all in one go.

Seriously that's what I did

NO ID requested, NO BANK statement. Verify through trustily and you'll be back to selling. Had my first payout today as well.
Right all done now given there seems to be no other options so far - apart from using real details.

Didnt want to doubt too much just went ahead with it, fingers cross............................

Should be able to update in 2 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrgazer For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (11-27-2020)
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 56%

Personally I did mine over a few days just incase anything flagged up. However when I changed all my stealth info over to real i was asked to upload my ID so i sent my
Passport and then the day after was accepted onto MP and im now receiving payouts. I was also banned years ago aswell but it seems at the moment the only way to pass MP is to give real details. Im not sure how they are banning those with well doctored bank statements and ID but they are. For now i think the best bet is to just give all real info.
The Following User Says Thank You to 175tom For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (11-27-2020)
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
I was also banned years ago aswell but it seems at the moment the only way to pass MP is to give real details
Did you give your ID when you were banned the first time around, or is this the first time?
Old 11-24-2020

Longevity: 56%

I was banned in 2012 and joined 2009. I dont think i ever gave ID back then so yeah this will be the first time i presume.
Old 11-27-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175tom View Post
Personally I did mine over a few days just incase anything flagged up. However when I changed all my stealth info over to real i was asked to upload my ID so i sent my
Passport and then the day after was accepted onto MP and im now receiving payouts. I was also banned years ago aswell but it seems at the moment the only way to pass MP is to give real details. Im not sure how they are banning those with well doctored bank statements and ID but they are. For now i think the best bet is to just give all real info.
It's simple those well doctored docs are still photoshopped and don't exist on a credit agencies file or government system.

They are verifying using those third party systems.

I was asked for no ID just a statement on my first stealth to MP conversion due to not using trustily.
Old 11-27-2020

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
It's simple those well doctored docs are still photoshopped and don't exist on a credit agencies file or government system.

They are verifying using those third party systems.

I was asked for no ID just a statement on my first stealth to MP conversion due to not using trustily.
yes they use additional information to confirm details so that the old strategy some people were using will not be working anymore. on the other side it is likely ebay will just allow suspended people to come back without consequences as long as their ID is not in their system and they did not know the date of birth of the suspended account
The Following User Says Thank You to mike75493245 For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (11-28-2020)