Managed Payments Mismatched Name on Bank Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 11-11-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 23%
Default Managed Payments Mismatched Name on Bank Account

Has anybody gone live and successfully withdrawing money to a bank account in a different name to the name on the eBay account or eBay business name?

If so which bank are you using? Do we think the bank used matters for mismatched names to work? or does mismatched names not work?

I know people are modifying bank statements to change the name/address to match the eBay account but has anyone actually gone live with this approach.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-11-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default Re: Managed Payments Mismatched Name on Bank Account

Yes mismatched names work I have a live ebay MP account all sheath the only thing real is the bank account sort code and account number.
And get regular payments into my bank account from ADYEN N.V. EBAY

Last edited by Uavmods; 11-11-2020 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-12-2020

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
Yes mismatched names work I have a live ebay MP account all sheath the only thing real is the bank account sort code and account number.
thats nice to here,,thanks for letting us know,,
Old 11-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Thanks Uavmods for sharing, that is good to here. Is your eBay account a business account or personal account? Which bank did you use?
Old 11-12-2020

Longevity: 53%

He used Halifax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkzo View Post
Thanks Uavmods for sharing, that is good to here. Is your eBay account a business account or personal account? Which bank did you use?
Old 11-12-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
He used Halifax
Thanks richie. Ideally I want to withdraw from eBay business stealth accounts into business bank accounts with mismatching names. Interested if anyone has done this and if so what bank they are using. I'll add Halifax to the list to test then.
Old 11-12-2020

mixed reviews, most people seem to have been suspended with the odd ones being successful, still unsure why this is - quality of docs obvs has to be near perfect
Old 11-12-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Ideally I want to withdraw from eBay business stealth accounts into business bank accounts with mismatching names.

For what it's worth this is what my 2nd MP account is doing, but I'm American. eBay account has one business name, bank account has another business name, and it's caused no problems.
Old 11-12-2020

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you elaborate a little further?

Lets say my business stealth account goes by the name of Mark Adams and the business name is MAD

What name are you creating the business bank account in? (Assume my name is James Baker)
Are you creating the business bank name is James Baker? Surely you can create the business account in the name of 'MAD'
So that the business ebay name and bank account is the same??

Or are ebay looking at the actual names and not business names?
Old 11-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay1234567 View Post
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but could you elaborate a little further?

Lets say my business stealth account goes by the name of Mark Adams and the business name is MAD

What name are you creating the business bank account in? (Assume my name is James Baker)
Are you creating the business bank name is James Baker? Surely you can create the business account in the name of 'MAD'
So that the business ebay name and bank account is the same??

Or are ebay looking at the actual names and not business names?
My business bank accounts are in the name of my limited company, lets say its called ABC Limited. This is the name that shows on the bank accounts, not James Baker. So eBay will be looking for the business name on eBay (MAD) to match the name on the business bank account, which is ABC Limited.

Now I can modify a statement and send that in so that they will think the name on the bank is MAD and it matches. This seems to work for initial verification as people have been accepted to MP doing this method. But I want to know if people have gone live and actually receiving payouts to the bank account with mismatched name.

I see a few people have been suspended after going live but don't know if its due to the bank accounts or ID documents.
Old 11-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
For what it's worth this is what my 2nd MP account is doing, but I'm American. eBay account has one business name, bank account has another business name, and it's caused no problems.
This is great to hear

If it works its just like PayPal then and just need to make sure they never try to dip into the bank account to pull funds or they will spot the mismatch.

Would still like to hear from anyone in the UK though that has had success with this as I feel like it may be different depending on the bank used.
Old 11-13-2020

but paypal do pull money from your bank on occasion with refunds when your PP account cant cover the cost. I have not heard any reports of ebay then suspending you with mismatched details. the money normally just comes straight out

#
Quote:
This is great to hear

If it works its just like PayPal then and just need to make sure they never try to dip into the bank account to pull funds or they will spot the mismatch.

Would still like to hear from anyone in the UK though that has had success with this as I feel like it may be different depending on the bank used.
Old 11-13-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
but paypal do pull money from your bank on occasion with refunds when your PP account cant cover the cost. I have not heard any reports of ebay then suspending you with mismatched details. the money normally just comes straight out

#
If this happened in the current set up it would be PayPal that freeze your account not eBay. I don't know for certain if this would happen or not as I always keep a small PayPal balance so it never needs to dip into the bank. But I was told that if PP ever need to pull from your bank and see the mismatch they will suspend you.

Personally I think eBay will suspend if they see the mismatch but they may never see it if we withdraw only, just like PP. This is just my opinion and not based on any evidence. I'm hoping to hear what's actually happened from as many people as possible that have gone live on MP. Seeing a lot of conflicting information at the minute.
Old 11-14-2020

On some bank accounts ebay and PayPal cannot not see the real name on the account as some banks do not disclose that information so there for they will just withdraw the money or deposit money into the account and no name is seen
Old 11-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
On some bank accounts ebay and PayPal cannot not see the real name on the account as some banks do not disclose that information so there for they will just withdraw the money or deposit money into the account and no name is seen
Like which banks - any example?
Old 11-14-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:

#
I feel like it's pointless for me to keep commenting in this UK thread, but I wanted to point out that in US MP, eBay does not dip into your bank account to cover refunds. They charge the card you have on file for fee payments. It's probably the same for you guys.
Old 11-14-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I feel like it's pointless for me to keep commenting in this UK thread, but I wanted to point out that in US MP, eBay does not dip into your bank account to cover refunds. They charge the card you have on file for fee payments. It's probably the same for you guys.
Yes you could be right as esty do the same they will use your debit card to refund so I think it will be the same for eBay
Old 11-18-2020

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Yes you could be right as esty do the same they will use your debit card to refund so I think it will be the same for eBay
But etsy also convert dollars to pounds so they are using their US system
Old 11-19-2020

Longevity: 56%

I converted all my info to real info so from stealth to real. At the time I gave the stealth name and real bank info and it said "please update your info". I left that for a while until I could change all my info as soon as I changed all my info I sent it my real ID and I was accepted onto MP. I have had my first sale. However when I go onto the MP withdrawal part it seems they have kept the stealth name with my real bank info. I hope this doesnt cause an issue as I am with the same bank as "Uavmods". We'll soon find out.
Old 11-19-2020

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

I did the same thing. Although I'm happy I have one account. I have multiple ventures/stores so need other accounts to work as well. I'm worried should I do that on other accounts eBay will think I'm taking the piss when they discover I have so many stealth accounts and there fore ban them all practically making me lose my income.
Old 11-20-2020

Longevity: 20%

Which banks work or are accepted by MP?
Does moneylion work?
Old 11-24-2020

Quote:
How many stealth accounts do you have???