Stealth MP update - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 12-28-2020
dbhana121

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Stealth MP update

Just going to update people about stealth MP. I had stealth verified for MP early on. From what I know this isn't possible anymore, and is VERY risky due to the following:

A few months later, payouts stopped coming. I contacted ebay back and forth. Because I received the suspension (due to docs) the payouts that were on hold will NOT be released and instead be sent back to buyers despite them already keeping the item. This is over £500. This doesn't sound legal to be honest, I need to look through the terms and conditions where it says they are allowed to do this. From my understanding, they can hold funds until a suspension is resolved, but nowhere does it say funds are held indefinitely and will not be released.

Anyone that has earlier accounts, BE CAREFUL. I will be phoning ebay now as I cannot be taking the loss and will keep everyone updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
dune (01-07-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-28-2020

Longevity: 21%
Default Re: Stealth MP update

Wow that don't sound good so you had a account on MP for months how many months?
How come you had £500 in there I get my money sent daily that way if they do suspended it there will be little in there.
Unless you are making £500 a day then that would make sense
Old 12-28-2020
dbhana121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uavmods View Post
Wow that don't sound good so you had a account on MP for months how many months?
How come you had £500 in there I get my money sent daily that way if they do suspended it there will be little in there.
Unless you are making £500 a day then that would make sense
I had it since the initial rollout until November. The reason I didn't realise the payouts were declined was due to me not checking the account like a fool. Subsequent transactions went through, then only a few weeks later I decided to check and saw it had been declining for weeks. I should have been more alert, but alas.
Old 12-28-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhana121 View Post
I had it since the initial rollout until November. The reason I didn't realise the payouts were declined was due to me not checking the account like a fool. Subsequent transactions went through, then only a few weeks later I decided to check and saw it had been declining for weeks. I should have been more alert, but alas.
OK so they where decline payouts from the start so you never got any payouts to your bank at all then?
Old 12-28-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

So I take it this is one of many stealths you are managing then.

You initially put this stealth account through to MP with stealth info and when asked for docs you did a creative doc submission and it was accepted and working for a while. And now all of a sudden payments are not going through, have I understood that correctly ?

Quote:
Just going to update people about stealth MP. I had stealth verified for MP early on. From what I know this isn't possible anymore, and is VERY risky due to the following:

A few months later, payouts stopped coming. I contacted ebay back and forth. Because I received the suspension (due to docs) the payouts that were on hold will NOT be released and instead be sent back to buyers despite them already keeping the item. This is over £500. This doesn't sound legal to be honest, I need to look through the terms and conditions where it says they are allowed to do this. From my understanding, they can hold funds until a suspension is resolved, but nowhere does it say funds are held indefinitely and will not be released.

Anyone that has earlier accounts, BE CAREFUL. I will be phoning ebay now as I cannot be taking the loss and will keep everyone updated.
Old 12-28-2020

No sure if he got any payments to his bank account James
I wonder did ebay say it was down to his docs that he got a suspension not sure ebay would even tell you why
Old 12-28-2020
dbhana121

Yep, was receiving payments fine for a few weeks, then they stopped and I didn't realise they were getting declined, even though I could still sell.

Money seems like its gone.
Old 12-28-2020

Yea that's the normal for some people they get payment for a fews weeks then boom they get suspension
Old 12-28-2020
dbhana121

Yes i got payments to my bank account for a few weeks/months. Then the payouts were declined in November and I didn't realise till December even though I had sales coming through. The reason was they couldn't 'verify my identity' so they permanently restricted me.
Old 12-28-2020

Could be anything that get you a suspension could be what you are selling or bad docs
Old 12-28-2020

Did you get message from eBay saying they couldn't 'verify identity'?
Was this not all done at the start of your MP?
Why would they say that could not 'verify identity' weeks later?
Old 12-28-2020
dbhana121

Like I explained previously, the account was working fine and STILL receiving payments despite the older payouts being declined/held. Only once I spoke to ebay through chat/phone they explained ny identity couldn't be verified and the back office will email. They emailed and permanently suspended. It seems they done a re-check of docs after some time.
Old 12-28-2020

Quote:
Like I explained previously, the account was working fine and STILL receiving payments despite the older payouts being declined/held. Only once I spoke to ebay through chat/phone they explained ny identity couldn't be verified and the back office will email. They emailed and permanently suspended. It seems they done a re-check of docs after some time.
OK get you. Well that sucks yea it does seem they do re-check into some accounts as you do see guys on here with working accounts then they are suspended after a few weeks.
Could I ask what your where selling maybe something flagged your account and then they did more checks on your ID

Last edited by Uavmods; 12-28-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2020

Such depressing news.

So they accepted the docs at the time, payments came through fine, and then once they double checked the identity they suspended you.

In regards to the lag / delay between letting you continue and banning you it makes sense because there must be a shortage of staff due to covid / lockdowns and the fact MP is still a new concept on ebay and not fully rolled out so not everything is streamlined yet.
Old 12-28-2020

Longevity: 24%

Yep, stealth MP will be merely impossible in the near future (as much as i hate to say it). Sorry to hear the story OP.

Surely ebay refunding the buyers whilst they have the item is illegal, i thought they would only refund them if they opened a case right? Keep us updated on that OP and if you get the money back.

I can't see any stealth MP accounts (fully stealth) lasting for even 6 months or more, since they are double checking docs.

Make the most of 2021 lads, MP seems like the death of full stealth :(
Old 12-29-2020

As long as we can convert to real accounts the honest, legitimate sellers are fine being given a second chance to return to the platform.

It's the churn and burn users selling vero or prohibited items that MP will stop which is fantastic.

My real worry is eventually when all my accounts are on MP. Bad performance on one account will wipe them all out. So now we've lost that reassurance and peace of mind we had with stealth. All eggs are in one basket now. eBay are back in control of my business.
Old 12-29-2020

Longevity: 24%

Exactly, no third chances, and no reassurance :(
Old 01-01-2021

They are performing soft credit checks on the info given and assessing the risk factor. Obviously stealth details will have no financial history including any form of bank in those details. Therefore you are a risk. Searching Identity electronically by using credit reference agencies to search sources of information relating to info given
Old 01-01-2021

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volupia View Post
They are performing soft credit checks on the info given and assessing the risk factor. Obviously stealth details will have no financial history including any form of bank in those details. Therefore you are a risk. Searching Identity electronically by using credit reference agencies to search sources of information relating to info given
This fact was obvious as Adyen are required to check the id of customers or face a hefty fine under the KYC (know your customer) rules that are there to prevent money laundering. Anyone running on dodgy docs beware...
Old 01-01-2021
dbhana121

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
This fact was obvious as Adyen are required to check the id of customers or face a hefty fine under the KYC (know your customer) rules that are there to prevent money laundering. Anyone running on dodgy docs beware...
This. Money won't be coming back to me. It's gone.
Old 01-15-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

EBay bombed my 11 year old perfect in every way account after about 3 weeks after giving asked for documents. Never even got an email or message. I had to telephone and ask why all they would say is I no longer fitted their business model. Would not give any other reason.
Old 01-15-2021

Longevity: 18%

The stealth info you guys are using on the MP accounts are real person OR made up? For example i could make up a name and address but when ebay check that out they will realise no 'Joe Bloggs' lives at '11 Wembley Lane'' as they check certain databases... Where as if you use a family members details with consent and sign up for manage payments it's all real info except you will enter there name for the card. Then surely when ebay or whatever it is checks your details they will see the real persons live at the real address atc and be no issues?

I am yet to get to MP but that's what im thinking will work?? It's the same for signing up to ETSY in the U.K, there system checks all the details you enter on sign up to make sure the details you entered a real. I don't think made up names and address's will get accepted or if so soon be deactived due to that person not being on any of the data bases