My Working MP Idea? Surely this is it.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-15-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default My Working MP Idea? Surely this is it....

Hi,

So i've been using stealth accounts for years but yet to get to the MP stage as im building new accounts but when i get there.....

For those getting banned instantly on MP or say 2/3 weeks after recieving there first payments the stealth info you guys are using on the MP accounts are real person OR made up? For example i could make up a name and address but when ebay check the databases to verify that person it will not exist & hense the ban. they will realise no 'Joe Bloggs' lives at '11 Wembley Lane'' as they check certain databases for you... Where as if you sign up / use a stealth account in a family members details with there consent and then when MP hits that account, when you sign up for manage payments it's all real info except you will enter there name for the card but enter your card to get the funds. Then surely when ebay or whatever system it is that checks for your details they will see the real persons live at the real address atc and be no issues?

I am yet to get to MP but that's what im thinking will work?? It's the same for signing up to ETSY in the U.K, there system checks all the details you enter on sign up to make sure the details you entered are real, if the database does not find you you cant sign up. I don't think made up names and address's for MP will get accepted or if so soon be deactived due to that person not being on any of the databases when they check.

Do you think i'm right in what im saying here?.... please discuss
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2021

Longevity: 24%
Default Re: My Working MP Idea? Surely this is it....

It is very plausible, HOWEVER, mismatched names on the card with the householders name will be the down fall i presume.

MP will most likely get suspicious if the ebay account name is Paul but the linked card belongs to a John. The bank may also be suspicious about constant payouts from someone called Paul.

Just my view...
Old 01-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamthedeejay View Post
Hi,

So i've been using stealth accounts for years but yet to get to the MP stage as im building new accounts but when i get there.....

For those getting banned instantly on MP or say 2/3 weeks after recieving there first payments the stealth info you guys are using on the MP accounts are real person OR made up? For example i could make up a name and address but when ebay check the databases to verify that person it will not exist & hense the ban. they will realise no 'Joe Bloggs' lives at '11 Wembley Lane'' as they check certain databases for you... Where as if you sign up / use a stealth account in a family members details with there consent and then when MP hits that account, when you sign up for manage payments it's all real info except you will enter there name for the card but enter your card to get the funds. Then surely when ebay or whatever system it is that checks for your details they will see the real persons live at the real address atc and be no issues?

I am yet to get to MP but that's what im thinking will work?? It's the same for signing up to ETSY in the U.K, there system checks all the details you enter on sign up to make sure the details you entered are real, if the database does not find you you cant sign up. I don't think made up names and address's for MP will get accepted or if so soon be deactived due to that person not being on any of the databases when they check.

Your solution with using authorized names will work. However, that is the only solution, But are your friends and relatives prepared to file and pay taxes? Because once ebay has your data, so will the tax frens
Old 01-15-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Your solution with using authorized names will work. However, that is the only solution, But are your friends and relatives prepared to file and pay taxes? Because once ebay has your data, so will the tax frens
why would my friends and relatives have to be prepared to file and pay taxes? i file all my taxes from all my accounts, i'm registered as a sole trader and file everything properly, if my relative has let me use there details for another account and the tax frens come looking or enquiring then they can look into everyones bank accounts etc and they will see all the money has gone to me and i have filed and payed all my taxes properly. Also the bank account the money goes into would be in my name it's just the ebay account and paypal in there's. What's the issue with that? =/
Old 01-15-2021

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
why would my friends and relatives have to be prepared to file and pay taxes? i file all my taxes from all my accounts, i'm registered as a sole trader and file everything properly, if my relative has let me use there details for another account and the tax frens come looking or enquiring then they can look into everyones bank accounts etc and they will see all the money has gone to me and i have filed and payed all my taxes properly. Also the bank account the money goes into would be in my name it's just the ebay account and paypal in there's. What's the issue with that? =/
Agree, It would be same as paying taxes on stealth as we do now with real banks,
Are you prepared to try it to see if it works?
Old 01-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Hi,

You could have written all of these in two sentences by saying use F&F real details with your own bank account. It's not a new method and certainly not 'stealth' in the sense in which we discuss it here.

Moscutter makes a good point.
You're not going to survive on eBay for long as a sole trader. You're going to be bled of money and the risks are just not worth it. I'm sure you know that already.

On a different note, what happens when you hit the VAT threshold? Who is going to register the VAT, without being subjected to the issue Moscutter raised or the account getting suspended?

Don't go in blind. Begin with the end in mind.
Old 01-15-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
You could have written all of these in two sentences by saying use F&F real details with your own bank account. It's not a new method and certainly not 'stealth' in the sense in which we discuss it here.

Moscutter makes a good point.
You're not going to survive on eBay for long as a sole trader. You're going to be bled of money and the risks are just not worth it. I'm sure you know that already.

On a different note, what happens when you hit the VAT threshold? Who is going to register the VAT, without being subjected to the issue Moscutter raised or the account getting suspended?

Don't go in blind. Begin with the end in mind.
I've been selling on Ebay and online for 3 years full time now and always done well and been registered as a sole trader from the start so i don't get what you mean by bled of money? I'd be interested to know if i can save some somehow and what risks? I am also very fimiliar with the VAT side.
Old 01-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Can you please tell me how you intend to scale the VAT issue I raised?
Old 01-17-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
Can you please tell me how you intend to scale the VAT issue I raised?
Sure, if my tax books means im going to hit over the 85k i will become VAT registered, wether i do that as a company or a sole trader makes no odds, then you can use a program that pulls all your sales from ebay / amazon / shopify / e commerce etc into one system and does all your tax & VAT calcuations for you, it's a realy neat system but £30 cost a month. If i have to become VAT registered my prices on all my items will go up to cover the 20% VAT. Just because you become VAT registered does not mean you HAVE to enter you VAT number on ebay, it means you must pay the 20% VAT on the sales though. There would be no issue in running 4/5 ebay accounts aslong as im declaring my tax & vat correctly. But yes if an account hits the VAT threshold i would have to have done with that account as i wouldnt be able to enter the VAT number as it will be linked to my name thus meaning a ban anyway.
Old 02-26-2021

Longevity: 67%

Hiya, .
Would this posters statement work?
Im no big stealther..im a mother who was suspended on a few accounts including my own info and husbands etc..in the early days..not from illegal activity but for stupidness like falling below standard etc and before i relied on ebay as an income.

3 years ago i went kinda stealth..I read the guide..and used a persons real name and address of a real person..I do not sell enough for VAT etc..im just a small seller. I no longer speak to that person.

When moving to managed payments my bank account is in my name..

The poster said this will not matter as the person and address i registered ebay with really exists?
How can i get around this? Id like to keep my account! How can i continue with bank account name being different?

Thank you so much.