eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/)
-   -   20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps money (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-managed-payments/143954-20-000-gbp-500-sold-item-stealth-account-died-after-mp-sign-up-ebay-keeps-money.html)

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 08:28 PM

20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps money

So I enrolled my eBay in managed payments a few weeks ago I figured all is dandy and fine as I was receiving payouts to my bank without much of any issues or so I thought

I've been using this account for over a year now using an isolated enviroment with Residential IPs

About a week ago the daily payments stopped being scheduled I contacted eBay and they assured me this is a glitch which their technical team will fix shorty and I can keep selling, so I raked up 100's of GBP of pending funds and sent the buyers the packages multiple of whom already received it and left a positive feedback.

I thought that is decent but a week passed so I contacted them again and this is the response I've gotten:

https://i.imgur.com/WRtpcdc.png

So it turns out there is no real "hiding" for stealth managed payment accounts maybe you will survive for weeks or months but eventually they will do soft and hard credit checks on you and if you fail it no amount of creative ID will save you

this account had 0 deflects 3 late shipments and sold low risk products. while it was managed via payPal there was 0 issues associated with it.

james_112233 06-10-2021 09:57 PM

Re: 20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps mo

Many thanks for sharing.

Well that's it then. Stealth is technically over based on your screenshot. It's either identity theft to have multiple unlinked accounts or get permission from friends or fam to use there details or your own real previously banned details (like myself) and hope that they don't ban you again.

One thing for sure you can't make up phantom details and sell like we have prior to mp

james_112233 06-10-2021 10:05 PM

Re: 20,000 GBP+500+ sold item stealth account died after to MP sign up/ eBay keeps mo

I should add, it looks like stealth MAY work if you keep the sales low / rotate accounts. You say you enrolled a few weeks ago but accumulated around 20k in those weeks which could have flagged a closer look by a ebay rep.

If you can avoid that 'closer look' may be you can get away with stealth info.

Just speculating ... either way that's not how you want to be running your business 'watching over your shoulder'

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 10:07 PM

and FYI the ebay passed PayPal limitations multiple times before and its high quality so I highly doubt its being detected as not real It is simply the fact that the person doesn't exist it is a made up identity without any info about them on credit recorsd

murdered_by_ebay 06-10-2021 10:10 PM

was this a business account? had you sent all docs to them prior to enrolling?

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1157577)
I should add, it looks like stealth MAY work if you keep the sales low / rotate accounts. You say you enrolled a few weeks ago but accumulated around 20k in those weeks which could have flagged a closer look by a ebay rep.

If you can avoid that 'closer look' may be you can get away with stealth info.

Just speculating ... either way that's not how you want to be running your business 'watching over your shoulder'

I only sold about 2000 pound via managed payments 18,000 was before MP kicked in

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1157580)
was this a business account? had you sent all docs to them prior to enrolling?

I was not requested any docs just a bank account and started receiving payments I did find it odd to not request ID after a few weeks of ID I received this email:

https://i.imgur.com/efw7EWb.png

Personal account

After sending them the ID the notice to submit ID has gone away and I could still list and sell as normal but no payouts were being scheduled they first informed me my account has been verified and all is dandy this is a technical glitch after verifying details and i should get payments soon

I contacted them again a week later and that is when I received this chat message.

murdered_by_ebay 06-10-2021 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therulerz5 (Post 1157582)
I was not requested any docs just a bank account and started receiving payments I did find it odd to not request ID after a few weeks of ID I received this email:

https://i.imgur.com/efw7EWb.png

Personal account

After sending them the ID the notice to submit ID has gone away and I could still list and sell as normal but no payouts were being scheduled they first informed me my account has been verified and all is dandy this is a technical glitch after verifying details and i should get payments soon

I contacted them again a week later and that is when I received this chat message.

was your account suspended or did they just leave it frozen the way it was?

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1157584)
was your account suspended or did they just leave it frozen the way it was?

no my ebay did not get suspended my listings are still live and im still getting sales and offers however ebay just keeps the funds to themself

ive been informed that its their payment processor adyen that carries out ID checks and identity verification then tells ebay if they can do business with this customer or not

likely ebay would still like me as their customer but adyen told them they cant deal with me as the non existant indentity can not be confirmed in any way

murdered_by_ebay 06-10-2021 10:50 PM

it looks like this will be happening frequently from now. what kind of ID did you send to them?

GreenBean 06-10-2021 10:53 PM

Uncivilised bunch of unwashed stinking bath plugs....or bar stewards.

:rip: :rip: :rip:

james_112233 06-10-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therulerz5 (Post 1157588)
no my ebay did not get suspended my listings are still live and im still getting sales and offers however ebay just keeps the funds to themself

ive been informed that its their payment processor adyen that carries out ID checks and identity verification then tells ebay if they can do business with this customer or not

likely ebay would still like me as their customer but adyen told them they cant deal with me as the non existant indentity can not be confirmed in any way

And it's Ayden that are allowing REAL previously banned sellers to come back to selling on ebay I would assume as they must be a new department at ebay HQ. And with the amount of sellers ebay are losing to competition and because of this new change they must have relaxed their strict "indefinite suspension" policies.

murdered_by_ebay 06-10-2021 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1157594)
And it's Ayden that are allowing REAL previously banned sellers to come back to selling on ebay I would assume as they must be a new department at ebay HQ. And with the amount of sellers ebay are losing to competition and because of this new change they must have relaxed their strict "indefinite suspension" policies.

I don't see much loosening here , it is rather tightening

james_112233 06-10-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1157596)
I don't see much loosening here , it is rather tightening

Don't know about most sellers here. I know there are plenty of benefits of selling anonymously with made up details. But if you pay your tax's, run a legit shop selling real goods and not vero. The fact I am allowed to sell again with my real details I am really comfortable running my business this way and it's most welcome.

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1157590)
it looks like this will be happening frequently from now. what kind of ID did you send to them?

they are EU passports of non existant people.

Therulerz5 06-10-2021 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1157597)
Don't know about most sellers here. I know there are plenty of benefits of selling anonymously with made up details. But if you pay your tax's, run a legit shop selling real goods and not vero. The fact I am allowed to sell again with my real details I am really comfortable running my business this way and it's most welcome.

yes ive signed up with my previously permanently suspended details recently and got 1000/10k limit right off the bat

passed the adyen checks/MP checks as ive credit records in the UK and so far so good

I did get the 1st listing suspension but after calling it was removed without any mention of my precious account by the agent they just asked the usual questions they do on firsf listings.

murdered_by_ebay 06-10-2021 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1157597)

this is not loosening though but rather back to square one

as your probably know people doing all the things described above can still be suspended and considering that such decisions may happen deliberately it is rather tightening than loosening

james_112233 06-10-2021 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay (Post 1157600)
this is not loosening though but rather back to square one

as your probably know people doing all the things described above can still be suspended and considering that such decisions may happen deliberately it is rather tightening than loosening

I understand, but many of us just want to get back to selling.

We've learnt from past mistakes and I would say those mistakes have made us more professional so we are better sellers now.

james_112233 06-10-2021 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therulerz5 (Post 1157599)
yes ive signed up with my previously permanently suspended details recently and got 1000/10k limit right off the bat

passed the adyen checks/MP checks as ive credit records in the UK and so far so good

I did get the 1st listing suspension but after calling it was removed without any mention of my precious account by the agent they just asked the usual questions they do on firsf listings.

Congrats, lets hope they let us stay for good.

Uavmods 06-11-2021 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therulerz5 (Post 1157571)
So I enrolled my eBay in managed payments a few weeks ago I figured all is dandy and fine as I was receiving payouts to my bank without much of any issues or so I thought

I've been using this account for over a year now using an isolated enviroment with Residential IPs

About a week ago the daily payments stopped being scheduled I contacted eBay and they assured me this is a glitch which their technical team will fix shorty and I can keep selling, so I raked up 100's of GBP of pending funds and sent the buyers the packages multiple of whom already received it and left a positive feedback.

I thought that is decent but a week passed so I contacted them again and this is the response I've gotten:

https://i.imgur.com/WRtpcdc.png

So it turns out there is no real "hiding" for stealth managed payment accounts maybe you will survive for weeks or months but eventually they will do soft and hard credit checks on you and if you fail it no amount of creative ID will save you

this account had 0 deflects 3 late shipments and sold low risk products. while it was managed via payPal there was 0 issues associated with it.

How could it be law to keep someone's money surely this is not true

CaptainComedown 06-11-2021 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uavmods (Post 1157614)
How could it be law to keep someone's money surely this is not true

From what I've been told, they only keep it for "up to 6 months" to cover any refunds or disputes that may arise. A few people have said that they will automatically pay the money into your bank after about 60 or 70 days most of the time, so its not as bad as paypal, although I still prefer paypal because it was easier to make dozens of burner accounts

agent006140 06-11-2021 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Therulerz5 (Post 1157598)
they are EU passports of non existant people.

this is very funny !!!!!!!!!