Lowest risk converting aged account to MP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-12-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Lowest risk converting aged account to MP

Hi All,

I've done a fair bit of reading but still unsure what the latest recommendations are for MP on an aged account.

I have a 10yr old personal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address, dob. I don't have ID or documents for this so wouldn't be able to verify them with an ID unless I get a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one made up.

Do I change to all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ "owner's" to real details, before, or during MP enrollment?

Do I use my real name on the bank account page?

The phone number used is invalid, should I get a throwaway sim or will I not need to verify this?

I have previously sold high risk items, should I give it some days / weeks before selling again after enrolling into MP?

I want to go with safest option since this is a very mature account but not sure what safest is.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-15-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Lowest risk converting aged account to MP

Anyone please?
Old 07-16-2021

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to winge00

To pass MP exam, all details shud b real no stealth,

I would advise no to sell high risk item on mp acc,

Earn less but long term,
Old 07-20-2021
Threadstarter  

Thanks for reply but could someone please answer each question specifically? It's more complex than just saying no false details.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2021

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam999 View Post
Hi All,

I've done a fair bit of reading but still unsure what the latest recommendations are for MP on an aged account.

I have a 10yr old personal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, address, dob. I don't have ID or documents for this so wouldn't be able to verify them with an ID unless I get a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one made up.

Do I change to all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ "owner's" to real details, before, or during MP enrollment?

The phone number used is invalid, should I get a throwaway sim or will I not need to verify this?

I have previously sold high risk items, should I give it some days / weeks before selling again after enrolling into MP?

I want to go with safest option since this is a very mature account but not sure what safest is.

Thanks
Update details during the enrollment process, phone number won't matter and yes use your real name on the bank account page.
Old 07-23-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
Update details during the enrollment process, phone number won't matter and yes use your real name on the bank account page.
Thanks can I just confirm you are saying to use real details for BOTH the "owners" page AND bank account page during enrollment?

I would prefer to keep my real details / address hidden from the ebay community due to difficult buyers in the past and features like the "find contact information" that used to exist. I assume changing to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details (but leaving read bank acc info) after MP would flag a ban?
Old 07-26-2021

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks
To try and answer your questions in order:

1. You can change the details whenever you like, personally I changed mine during enrollment. I did it with two accounts and they are both still working almost 3 months later. I also made another 1 yesterday. You can probably change the details before enrollment though, I doubt it will make much difference

2. On the bank page you use the same name as the account. So if you use your real name when enrolling for MP then you must use your real name for the bank details. However, the names on the ebay account and the actual bank account itself DO NOT need to match! I am running mismatched banks with no issues so far although I am not using my own details. If you are using your real name then your bank will likely match.

3. I think the phone number is fine, I wasn't asked to verify it at any stage and I don't think there is any need to change it. My accounts are still running on the UK sims I opened them with.

4. Depending on your ability to replace your account should it go down, I would probably recommend not selling high risk items. If you absolutely must do it then I would recommend waiting a few months to build up some stability and then sell them in "bursts". For example I sell one or two shady items that give high profit. I usually list them for about 4 days, make about 50 sales and then unlist them for a few weeks and then do it again. That way you can regularly sell high risk items with a much lower risk of VERO. The risk is never zero though, so only attempt that method if you can afford to potentially lose the account. Also if you are selling high risk items for 10 years from a stealth account then they maybe aren't as high a risk as you think they are?

In summary, if your plan is to put your own real details onto the account then you don't have very much to worry about. Just enroll to MP, enter your details, enter your bank details and you should be fine.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-26-2021), sureness (07-27-2021)
Old 07-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainComedown View Post

1. You can change the details whenever you like, personally I changed mine during enrollment. I did it with two accounts and they are both still working almost 3 months later. I also made another 1 yesterday. You can probably change the details before enrollment though, I doubt it will make much difference

Thanks so much for your detailed reply, it was very helpful.

I assume you're using family or random legitimate names / addresses to create multiple unlinked accounts, with family / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's so that you can also pass Adyen if necessary?

Quote:
2. On the bank page you use the same name as the account. So if you use your real name when enrolling for MP then you must use your real name for the bank details. However, the names on the ebay account and the actual bank account itself DO NOT need to match! I am running mismatched banks with no issues so far although I am not using my own details. If you are using your real name then your bank will likely match.
If I understand correctly you're saying UK bank accounts will accept a mismatched name? If so may I ask what provider you found where you could create one in another name?

I would prefer to keep my real details / address hidden from the ebay community due to difficult buyers in the past and features like the "find contact information" that used to exist. I assume changing to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details (but leaving real bank acc info) after MP would be unwise?

Many thanks
Old 07-27-2021

Quote:
Thanks so much for your detailed reply, it was very helpful.

I assume you're using family or random legitimate names / addresses to create multiple unlinked accounts, with family / ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID's so that you can also pass Adyen if necessary?

If I understand correctly you're saying UK bank accounts will accept a mismatched name? If so may I ask what provider you found where you could create one in another name?

I would prefer to keep my real details / address hidden from the ebay community due to difficult buyers in the past and features like the "find contact information" that used to exist. I assume changing to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ details (but leaving real bank acc info) after MP would be unwise?

Many thanks
Yes I am using legitimate details for a real person, so the accounts pass the adyen checks. I have tried various attempts using phake details but it always results in suspension after a couple of weeks unfortunately. On the accounts that were successful I was never asked for an ID or any verification and it has been months now

The name on the bank doesn't need to match the ebay account. My ebay accounts are all linked to bank accounts that have my real name on them. I am currently using Monese and Uaccount for MP, and I am going to set up a Monzo one later today. I don't recommend trying to set up a bank account with phake details, safer to use phake details on Ebay and real details with the bank, to avoid any fraud related arrests!

I'm not sure what would happen if you changed the name after verification, but I reckon it would not be a good idea because they might ask you for ID afterwards. So really the options are to either set it up in your own real details with matching bank (no longer a stealth account) or to st3al or borrow someone else's identity and use it in conjunction with your mismatched bank account.

It sounds like your account is a long term and stable one so I would probably recommend using your real details to eliminate any chance of it being suspended in the future
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
sam999 (07-27-2021), sureness (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Great info again many thanks, I ask all this as I plan to create stealth accounts soon as well.

Quote:
The name on the bank doesn't need to match the ebay account. My ebay accounts are all linked to bank accounts that have my real name on them. I am currently using Monese and Uaccount for MP, and I am going to set up a Monzo one later today. I don't recommend trying to set up a bank account with phake details, safer to use phake details on Ebay and real details with the bank, to avoid any fraud related arrests!
Sorry still slightly confused with the terminology here but I think you are saying:

Ebay account name/address1: Mr John Doe Real
Ebay bank account name1: Mr John Doe Real
Registered Bank account name1: Mr Real (account 1)

Ebay account name/address2: Mr Jonhana Doe Real
Ebay bank account name2: Mr Jonhana Doe Real
Registered Bank account name2: Mr Real (account 2)

Is this correct?

Thanks

Last edited by sam999; 07-27-2021 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2021

Quote:
Great info again many thanks, I ask all this as I plan to create stealth accounts soon as well.

Sorry still slightly confused with the terminology here but I think you are saying:

Ebay account name/address1: Mr John Doe Real
Ebay bank account name1: Mr John Doe Real
Registered Bank account name1: Mr Real (account 1)

Ebay account name/address2: Mr Jonhana Doe Real
Ebay bank account name2: Mr Jonhana Doe Real
Registered Bank account name2: Mr Real (account 2)

Is this correct?

Thanks
Yes that is right, the bank can be your real name but the ebay can be a different name as long as the ebay name belong to another real person.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainComedown For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-28-2021)