We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211439x - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-11-2022
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 13%
Default Re: We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211

Hello guys. I hope you're doing well.

I have a question: Is the Manage Payment process a kind of obligation in each country where eBay operates?

As a part of my family is Polish I got told a story that happened on their e-commerce market.
You may heard of VINTED [used cloth sales platform]
They got fined by substitute of customers ombudsman in Poland by equivalent of £1mln because no information that access to earned money may be associated with the need to meet additional conditions related to identity verification. If the consumer, at the request of the payment service provider - the company ADYEN - did not provide an identity card, passport, driving license or bank statement, the company could have blocked the money from the sale. The company did not properly inform about the fact that the payment of funds may be dependent on confirmation of identity. The consumer did not find out about it either from the platform's regulations or at the stage of setting up an e-wallet in which funds from transactions carried out on Vinted.pl are collected. The website regulations only indicated that money from the e-wallet could be transferred to your bank account at any time. The message about the necessity to verify the identity came too late - after the transaction was completed. There were also no details on what requirements the submitted documents should meet (e.g. scans with some data in black or statements without the bank's logo were rejected).

Grounds:
It is unacceptable that when consumers decided to sell on the Vinted.pl platform and set up an e-wallet, they did not have clear, complete and reliable information on the necessity and details of identity verification. If they knew that refusing to provide the requested documents with a lot of detailed and sensitive information would result in a loss of earned money, they might have looked for another option to sell clothes.

I'm just wondering what eBay is going to do with it if it comes to their announced 2nd expansion on the polish market.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2022

Activity: 80%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: We couldn't verify this bank account. Select different payment method e88183-1211

it is just a local issue. in the worst case they just tighten the noose on polish sellers and continue verifying other sellers according to the rules of their respective countries
Old 08-31-2022

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 United Power View Post
Hello guys. This is happy end of my story as OP.
Thanks to user @Jigsaw I got the e-mail to contact 2 knowledgeable and qualified people from eBay.
[Not sure whether I can paste these details here- Don't want to get ban].

The story started after I sent message to each one and within 48hrs got an answer which didn't contain any news for me so just replied without any hope for step forward... It was request of some story-board of screen shots to show them what's whole procedure of uploading bank account details goes like step by step.

After 24hrs I got a phone call from eBay to try enter all details manually [same way I did 20+ times without success] hanging on the phone. And surprisingly it just worked out.
All details have been changed from click and after 3 days I got micro-deposit amounts on my uploaded Lloyds account. Now looks like all is confirmed, so green light for further co-operation. All case took more then 4 months to get solved...

If any contact to these 2 eBay stuff members needed you can drop me PM.
Wishing you good luck with your accounts and problems to be solved soon!
Good stuff! Glad you found a way to get it sorted. Please feel free to share those contact as i'm also dealing with the same issue.
Old 10-02-2022
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmac View Post
Good stuff! Glad you found a way to get it sorted. Please feel free to share those contact as i'm also dealing with the same issue.
Can you send me PM? I'm ready to share details with you. Don't want to get banned when posting some personal eMails here...
The Following User Says Thank You to 1 United Power For This Useful Post:
flyingmac (10-02-2022)
Old 10-02-2022

Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 United Power View Post
Can you send me PM? I'm ready to share details with you. Don't want to get banned when posting some personal eMails here...
Thanks mate, got your MP. Could not send you a PM because it seems that I need a certain amount of posts to do so and did not want to spam the board, I'll give it a go to hopefully see this nightmare get sorted.
Old 10-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmac View Post
Thanks mate, got your MP. Could not send you a PM because it seems that I need a certain amount of posts to do so and did not want to spam the board, I'll give it a go to hopefully see this nightmare get sorted.
25 posts needed to pm
Old 11-14-2022

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhana121 View Post
Other people have had no issues. This isn't a personal account, I set up a wise account for Ltd company, all legit. There shouldn't be an issue.
I am having success with wise business accounts. Been attached to several ebay accounts since mp rolled out. Around 50k has gone through each account. I am pretty sure if they wanted to restrict payouts to that bank they would have done it by now. Fingers crossed it continues to run smoothly! Also just to add I have had many transactions seller fees debited from my wise. Miss match names on all. No problems!

However recently I have attempted to attach wise account to new ebay with error. Bank not supported. So they don't support anymore but maybe allowing existing accounts to continue.

Last edited by Volupia; 11-14-2022 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volupia View Post
Around 50k has gone through each account. I am pretty sure if they wanted to restrict payouts to that bank they would have done it by now.
Very nice to see
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Volupia (11-14-2022)