Iv got a trade mark for an item but im worried some one on Ebay will report me who ha - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > UK Managed Payments

UK Managed Payments Discussions related to UK eBay Managed Payments

Old 06-13-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default Iv got a trade mark for an item but im worried some one on Ebay will report me who ha

Iv got a trade mark for an item but im worried some one on Ebay will report me who has a similar one ( slightly different ) ..I havnt started to sell any yet ..But im pretty sure once i post them hes gona report me cos thats what they do on ebay ( by the way he wasn't the first to sell this item he copied some one else who was selling this 9 years ago stole the name and got it trade marked and knocked the other guy out the water )

Do you think i should send him a polite letter saying look theres room for both of us and im not going to ruin your business i will sell less than you anyway .. But just to let you know i have a trade mark for this product and them show him the .Gov site ?

Cos i dont want to post it then have it taken down then have to fight with ebay to prove its my trade mark im using

Any other ideas out there ?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2022

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Iv got a trade mark for an item but im worried some one on Ebay will report me wh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
Iv got a trade mark for an item but im worried some one on Ebay will report me who has a similar one ( slightly different ) ..I havnt started to sell any yet ..But im pretty sure once i post them hes gona report me cos thats what they do on ebay ( by the way he wasn't the first to sell this item he copied some one else who was selling this 9 years ago stole the name and got it trade marked and knocked the other guy out the water )

Do you think i should send him a polite letter saying look theres room for both of us and im not going to ruin your business i will sell less than you anyway .. But just to let you know i have a trade mark for this product and them show him the .Gov site ?

Cos i dont want to post it then have it taken down then have to fight with ebay to prove its my trade mark im using

Any other ideas out there ?
Interesting post reminds me of a phase I went through on eBay a year ago. In my experience it’s not worth doing it. I was selling TWS Bluetooth headphones and a competitor called KL Tek limited trademarked every wireless earphones from Alibaba you can think of. They trademarked their own brand but to eliminate competition they trademarked all wireless earphones.

I thought I would do the same and get mine trademarked and they just kept reporting me over and over I think they were members of eBay vero program as well.

You can say I lost and let them won but I couldn’t be asked with it for the sake of a couple of quid per item sold.

Unfortunately a lot of sellers only care about themselves and no other seller comes into their mind. Just my experience tho.
Old 06-14-2022
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Iv got a trade mark for an item but im worried some one on Ebay will report me wh

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Interesting post reminds me of a phase I went through on eBay a year ago. In my experience it’s not worth doing it. I was selling TWS Bluetooth headphones and a competitor called KL Tek limited trademarked every wireless earphones from Alibaba you can think of. They trademarked their own brand but to eliminate competition they trademarked all wireless earphones.

I thought I would do the same and get mine trademarked and they just kept reporting me over and over I think they were members of eBay vero program as well.

You can say I lost and let them won but I couldn’t be asked with it for the sake of a couple of quid per item sold.

Unfortunately a lot of sellers only care about themselves and no other seller comes into their mind. Just my experience tho.
Well this guy doesnt seem to be knocking every one out the water ..There is a couple of sellers with similar names that are still selling ( not as much tho ) they both have (trade marks iv checked ..Maybe the guy is reasonable Iv met one or two like him ..Hopefully hes not greedy
Old 06-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
.Maybe the guy is reasonable Iv met one or two like him ..Hopefully hes not greedy
Time will tell
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Bradd (06-14-2022)
Old 06-15-2022
Threadstarter  

Do you think it will help if i join Vero ?
Old 06-15-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
No, it offers no kind of defence whatsoever.
Old 06-15-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Doesn't do much
Old 06-19-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No, it offers no kind of defence whatsoever.
What if i report him first ?
Old 06-19-2022

Quote:
What if i report him first ?
For what?

IMO you're simply asking for trouble. If you tried that on with me I'd destroy your account(s) in retaliation. Is that the kind of game you're looking to play? Why can't you simply make your listings wholly unique? Many of us sell generic wares without problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Bigblackdog (06-19-2022)
Old 06-19-2022
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Ditto what Hank says

One of the items I sell is unique to me - I designed it and I make it - someone had my listings taken down but with a bit of tweaking I made it work

Going to war is rarely profitable

Old 06-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblackdog View Post

As I found out about a decade ago. Reported another seller for copying my listings verbatim. Using my own photos and description. They tore into my account with a vengeance and eventually I lost it.

Never again, whilst it irks me when I see other sellers copying my work and even piggybacking my Amazon listings I simply leave well alone now and accept it as part of the online selling 'experience'.

My Amazon ASINs are nearly all piggybacked with Chinese sellers, I just don't see the point in going after them.
Old 06-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Ebay sellers are always copying my stuff ,,One guy was watching everything i sold and copied al least 3 of my items ..He even printed the same vinyl labels i did with my logo on it and stuck them on his items ..It happens everyday
Old 06-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Ditto what Hank says

One of the items I sell is unique to me - I designed it and I make it - someone had my listings taken down but with a bit of tweaking I made it work

I can do that but its the key word which i need in the search box ..Which he already stole from some one else ..So if i make a unique name how would people know the item i sell has the stuff in it they want ?
Old 06-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
For what?

IMO you're simply asking for trouble. If you tried that on with me I'd destroy your account(s) in retaliation. Is that the kind of game you're looking to play? Why can't you simply make your listings wholly unique? Many of us sell generic wares without problem.
So the only thing i can do is ask permission to sell my items and promise to only sell a certain amount less then him ?
Old 06-22-2022
Threadstarter  

What if i put the key word in the description but not on the heading or item ..Can i be found on a key word search and can the guy still VERO me ??
Old 06-22-2022

Quote:
What if i put the key word in the description but not on the heading or item ..Can i be found on a key word search and can the guy still VERO me ??

The description can be searched via the advanced search option. How many buyers use it....very very few I would imagine.

Nobody here can tell you if a competitor will vero you, even if you shared your account, listings and who you think will go after you.
Old 08-26-2022

Longevity: 9%

Quote:
Ditto what Hank says

Hello sorry to jump on your post, I tried DM put I can't do that yet.

Please excuse te interruption, I hope you can respond
I was reading forums about getting back on ebay with limited companies, and your name showed up a lot.

I was wondering if you could give some advise on my idea, for how to get back selling on eBay after being banned recently.:

My idea is to get a family member with new address, name etc no links to me (who has already given me their consent) to set up a limited company, then set up a company ebay account from that. Then once ebay and managed payments is all verified, shortly after have my family member resign as director and beneficial owner, and have me put onto the company as director and beneficial owner at companies house , but not notify or change anything with the ebay account.

Do you know if you need to notify ebay of new directors and stakeholders after you have created a limited company ebay account and got managed payments and everything verified?

I'm sure you are supposed to notify ebay of director and stakeholder changes, but would they find out if you don't tell them. Would they 1 day surprisingly hit you with the: we need to verify all of your current stakeholders request one day in the future...

Surely the only way that ebay would know is if there is a change on the companies house register, or if they are doing routine ID checks. Is this something that you know they do?
Thanks very much for help