PayPal is not going to release my money after 180 days hold!!! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default Re: PayPal is not going to release my money after 180 days hold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Great to hear, wish you all the best in future...
Thank you, any luck with your account? it seems that PayPal might have figured out ways to authenticate the documents we sent, so phake ID might not work anymore, but it should apply to those limited PayPal accounts due to failed 2500 EUR limits lifting
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2017

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Thank you, any luck with your account? it seems that PayPal might have figured out ways to authenticate the documents we sent, so phake ID might not work anymore, but it should apply to those limited PayPal accounts due to failed 2500 EUR limits lifting
Nothing yet, I ended up emailing the escalations department threatening legal action should they wish to hold my funds longer without genuine reason. Still waiting to hear back but hopefully they will release...
Old 07-18-2017

Guys I'm still struggling with this, received the same repsonse from escalations department via email requesting for proof of id. I have sent passport, DL and birth certificate. They won't accept neither and still asking for proof of ID to release my funds! Where do I stand with this? Any other options anyone can advise or recommend please? I'm lossing the plot here plus it's a lot of money to me so I can't afford to just give up that easily...
Old 09-03-2017

Longevity: 82%

Quote:
Guys I'm still struggling with this, received the same repsonse from escalations department via email requesting for proof of id. I have sent passport, DL and birth certificate. They won't accept neither and still asking for proof of ID to release my funds! Where do I stand with this? Any other options anyone can advise or recommend please? I'm lossing the plot here plus it's a lot of money to me so I can't afford to just give up that easily...
approx how much is in left in the account?
Old 09-04-2017

Roughly around 2.5k
Old 09-04-2017

Longevity: 39%

Ive replied to your email ZamZam
Old 09-04-2017
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Paypal is not a bank!! They are making interest off your money not the other way around! Withdraw it and put it in he bank where you can actually make interest.

What I used to do is refund all my buyers and completely clean the account so paypal gets $0!! Since paypal won't release it, Id rather my buyers get the money than paypal.
Old 09-04-2017

Longevity: 46%

Usually the reason they keep requesting id is because either the docs sent are invalid or they are not photographed clearly enough. All edges must be visible so they can see it is genuine document.

To be honest I doubt paypal are going to mess about trying to screw someone out of their money. More likely they are attempting to get you to upload all your id docs then they have a full portfolio of all your id for future reference Lol. This is what eBay usually do then after all docs uploaded tell you the account will remain suspended.

If you are sending paypal clearly visible UK genuine docs, upload the docs then phone and ask if they were received ok. At this point they will probably tell you it will take 48 - 72 hours to verify docs. Then just sit back and wait. You should get the ready to withdraw email in about 2 days like I did.
The Following User Says Thank You to James Brown For This Useful Post:
damac (12-06-2017)
Old 10-26-2017

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Paypal is not a bank!! They are making interest off your money not the other way around! Withdraw it and put it in he bank where you can actually make interest.

What I used to do is refund all my buyers and completely clean the account so paypal gets $0!! Since paypal won't release it, Id rather my buyers get the money than paypal.
yip, this is the most satisfying way to do it.

If you know the money isnt getting withdrawn (like they keep refusing your docs) then just refund all buyers then use the built in exporter to get all buyers emails, send a mail merge to all buyers telling them the situation and that they should file a not received dispute.

Done this many times there is ALWAYS a bunch of people who will chance their arm and it ends up that paypal have to pay them out of their own pocket.

Old 10-28-2017

Longevity: 39%
Send a message via Skype™ to butler620

I’m in the same boat, they have also removed the function to refund buyers!! I can’t believe it
Old 10-29-2017

I seriously doubt that paypal are refusing to release customers money after genuine ID documents have been forwarded to prove the customers ID and address. I got my money released after 180 days by simply providing a uk bank statement and birth certificate. If the documents are non uk they should still be able to verify by forwarding to their office in country documents were issued.

I imagine they would be breaking the law by refusing to release customer funds if genuine ID has been supplied.

If you have no photo ID call paypal explain this and tell them what documents you do have. They cannot force a person to provide photo ID if they don't have it. A statement for bank linked to paypal seems to assist in this situation. Also remember you can still update the paypal address even if account is limited.
Old 11-07-2017

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
I seriously doubt that paypal are refusing to release customers money after genuine ID documents have been forwarded to prove the customers ID and address. I got my money released after 180 days by simply providing a uk bank statement and birth certificate. If the documents are non uk they should still be able to verify by forwarding to their office in country documents were issued.

I imagine they would be breaking the law by refusing to release customer funds if genuine ID has been supplied.

If you have no photo ID call paypal explain this and tell them what documents you do have. They cannot force a person to provide photo ID if they don't have it. A statement for bank linked to paypal seems to assist in this situation. Also remember you can still update the paypal address even if account is limited.
Paypal DO withhold money even after genuine documents have been sent.

Trust me i have personal experience of it.
Old 11-07-2017

Doesn’t make a difference if the docs are genuine or not, they hold funds regardless. Also speaking from personal experience however varies to why account is limited in first place...
Old 11-08-2017

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Doesn’t make a difference if the docs are genuine or not, they hold funds regardless. Also speaking from personal experience however varies to why account is limited in first place...
Yep. If they have reason to believe that your sales were the result of criminal activity via their platform eg F@ke items etc then in their minds why SHOULD you get it back.
Old 11-08-2017

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post

Was your birth certificate real or stealth?
Old 11-08-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlb View Post
Paypal DO withhold money even after genuine documents have been sent.

Trust me i have personal experience of it.
How much involved?
Old 11-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbkk View Post
Was your birth certificate real or stealth?
Private message sent.
Old 11-09-2017

Longevity: 38%

I have this problem to, I have an paypal account with like £2000 and every time I try to add a new bank account to get my money they wont accept it.
Old 11-09-2017

Longevity: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasse2017 View Post
I have this problem to, I have an paypal account with like £2000 and every time I try to add a new bank account to get my money they wont accept it.
Have you added that bank before to another account? Is it a prepaid bank?
Old 11-09-2017

Longevity: 49%

Paypal are a headake
Old 11-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
Yep. If they have reason to believe that your sales were the result of criminal activity via their platform eg F@ke items etc then in their minds why SHOULD you get it back.
Who said anything about items being “Pake” - that’s just common sense of course if your going to sell them, your asking for a limitation. LOL

PS. That criticism seems more like a personal experience than opinion but hope you learnt you lesson...
Old 11-29-2017

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Are they released your money? I'm in similar situation. They refused EU ID and want me to provide another ID.
Closed Thread