PayPal is not going to release my money after 180 days hold!!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default PayPal is not going to release my money after 180 days hold!!!

Firstly, I want to express how sad I am now, PayPal closed my REAL account 7 months ago without giving me any specific reason, then I received an email said I would have to wait 180 days, now it's over 200 days since PayPal closed my account I am still not able to access to my money.

I sent emails to PayPal but never gone through as they all ended up with automatic response email. Then I called PayPal many times and I was asked to provide photo ID and proof of address which I did and they asked to wait 24-48 hours, but everytime I received exactly same message

"Thank you for responding to our requests to further verify your information. As we cannot release the funds on your PayPal account until all requirements have been met, we would appreciate your help with completing the steps below, so that we can review your account further.... "

They kept asking me to send other types of ID and proof of address and I did have sent them both my passport and driving licence, utility bill and phone bill, not sure what they really want?

As I never got any useful response from PayPal, I have to call them again and again and everytime I called, some staff told me to wait 24-48 hours, the others told me that my documents were not accepted and asked me to sent other types of documents, which I did, but then nothing happened, I have to call PayPal AGAIN, same thing happened (some told me to wait the others told me the documents are not accepted), it seems that PayPal does not care they just want to hold my money with no reasons?

The documents I sent are 100% real, this is not a stealth account, I got over £3000 on that account, any advise will be much appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2017

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: PayPal is not going to release my money after 180 days hold!!!

Truly sorry to hear of your experience however rest assure you are not alone. My situation is also more or less the same, coming up to 7 months now and have sent my driving license, passport and even birth certificate. But they still reply with that stupid email we can't accept and provide ID. What more are we suppose to show? Seems like another one of there cheeky tactics to hold on to your funds for longer....
Old 07-08-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Let this be a lesson for those people who like to leave a huge chunk of money in PP and hope that nothing will happen. I always advise people to withdraw money as soon as PP allows it and just leave enough to cover fees. This is the very reason BTC was invented, DECENTRALIZATION.
Old 07-09-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

This is becoming more and more common. There's quite a few similar threads recently. I think persistence is key, and as the account is real, the threat of legal action may move things along if they don't play ball.

If you have any progress please update the thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
zamzam (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Dont leave more money than you can afford to lose in a PayPal account. But at the same time, don't always clear your balance when withdrawing/spending, leave enough behind to cover fees, chargebacks and a few disputes.
Old 07-09-2017

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirestate View Post
Let this be a lesson for those people who like to leave a huge chunk of money in PP and hope that nothing will happen. I always advise people to withdraw money as soon as PP allows it and just leave enough to cover fees. This is the very reason BTC was invented, DECENTRALIZATION.
And also unrealistic, I am a BIG BIG user and supporter of Bitcoin but pushing it onto the everyday person is not an easy task especially when sites like PayPal have such a big foothold.
Old 07-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK81 View Post
And also unrealistic, I am a BIG BIG user and supporter of Bitcoin but pushing it onto the everyday person is not an easy task especially when sites like PayPal have such a big foothold.
Am I missing something here... I'm aware of Bitcoin and how it works however what does this have to do with the current scenario? Can bitcoin be used as an alternative withdrawal method or way of getting your funds??
Old 07-09-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

Sounds like it might be time to lawyer up.
Id call again. Dont bother talking to whoever answers. Just ask them their name and employee number then tell them you want their supervisor. Explain to the supervisor that this ridiculous situation has gone on long enough and if the funds are not released immediately you demand the info for their legal department to file a formal law suit against them.
That should put a nice flame under their butts and is worth it for the amount theyre keeping from you. I dont know if there is such a thing as small claims court over there but its worth looking into.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
zamzam (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
Sounds like it might be time to lawyer up.
Id call again. Dont bother talking to whoever answers. Just ask them their name and employee number then tell them you want their supervisor. Explain to the supervisor that this ridiculous situation has gone on long enough and if the funds are not released immediately you demand the info for their legal department to file a formal law suit against them.
That should put a nice flame under their butts and is worth it for the amount theyre keeping from you. I dont know if there is such a thing as small claims court over there but its worth looking into.
Thank you for your tips, I will wait another 24 hours before taking futher action as I just provided my other type of photo ID, BTW, I have read some threads here and some people said that in this case calling PayPal USA will solve the problem but I did call them a few minutes ago the rep said I have no choice but to wait 24 hours, I asked the reason why they could not accept my real documents, the guy said because they could not verify it (what a bull****) PayPal can do anything them want, having many stealth accounts able to withdraw without providing another after 180 days but refused to give my money back on my real account
Old 07-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Truly sorry to hear of your experience however rest assure you are not alone. My situation is also more or less the same, coming up to 7 months now and have sent my driving license, passport and even birth certificate. But they still reply with that stupid email we can't accept and provide ID. What more are we suppose to show? Seems like another one of there cheeky tactics to hold on to your funds for longer....
Sorry to hear you are in the same situation as mine, any luck?
Old 07-09-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Sorry to hear you are in the same situation as mine, any luck?
Nothing as of yet, have rang in again since last week waiting for the usual email update. I'm not giving up though, neither should you. The last resort in your scenario would be legal action as suggested by another OP
Old 07-09-2017

Does PP still have a email address I can write to in relation to getting funds released??

Last edited by zamzam; 07-09-2017 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 07-09-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK81 View Post
A baby must crawl before it can walk.
Old 07-09-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Does PP still have a email address I can write to in relation to getting funds released??
I have sent the email to many active PayPal email addresses with no single reply, you can try it if you like, below the the PayPal email addresses I have sent my message to:

'appeals@paypal.com'; 'webform@paypal.com'; 'intl@paypal.com'; 'complaint-response@paypal.com'
Old 07-10-2017

Longevity: 46%

Don't waste your time trying to email Paypal, the only replies they send are automated and usually not helpful at all for the questions asked.

If as you say all the docs are genuine then it seems strange they are deliberately being awkward. The best course of action seems to be, upload the docs then wait a couple of hours, call them and say you just uploaded documents but not sure whether they went through properly. In my case the operative checked docs had arrived then said they would be reviewed in 24 - 72 hours. I got the funds available to withdraw email in about 48 hours.

Maybe there is a backlog due to being swamped with d**gy docs from stealth accounts and the back office cannot cope Lol.
Old 07-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

the only email i have had responses from when in this type of situation is

ppelce@paypal.co.uk

as far as i know that is the escalation office.

If all else fails report them to the CSSF in Luxembourg.
Old 07-10-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
the only email i have had responses from when in this type of situation is

ppelce@paypal.co.uk

as far as i know that is the escalation office.

If all else fails report them to the CSSF in Luxembourg.
Great information, do you know how to report them to the CSSF in Luxembourg? thanks
Old 07-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

you need to fill out the complaints forum and email them

http://www.cssf.lu/en/consumer/complaints/

form : http://www.cssf.lu/fileadmin/files/F..._111116_EN.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
butler620 (10-30-2017)
Old 07-10-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
you need to fill out the complaints forum and email them

http://www.cssf.lu/en/consumer/complaints/

form : http://www.cssf.lu/fileadmin/files/F..._111116_EN.pdf
Do you need support from a solicitor for this or can this be done alone by individual filling compliant??
Old 07-11-2017

Longevity: 46%

Sorry but I don't understand how Paypal can legally refuse to release funds, provided genuine ID has been submitted to them?

The story about not being able to verify the ID is rubbish. Obviously the docs need to be clearly visible in the photo, showing the full document including edges, so they can see it is a real document. If the docs provided are UK based, driving licence, passport, bank statement or whatever they can easily verify them.

Maybe if someone presented non UK ID there could be problems, but again Paypal are worldwide so I'm sure they would have an office in a country where the docs were issued, so verifying should be no problem.

Having to consider resorting to legal means to get your own money released is ridiculous, time consuming and most likely very expensive. So dealing direct with Paypal is always going to be the better option.
Old 07-13-2017
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: Good news, I am able to withdraw the money after I asked PayPal to verify my document again from their overseas office, James is right, as my photo ID is not based in UK, they did have their overseas PayPal office to verify it and they accepted it, thanks for all your help

Last edited by ray; 07-13-2017 at 01:05 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ray For This Useful Post:
Bunneh (07-13-2017), GreenBean (11-29-2017), james_112233 (05-19-2019), newjerseymax (11-09-2017), RetroRedneck (11-10-2018), tushargta (10-26-2018), zamzam (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
UPDATE: Good news, I am able to withdraw the money after I asked PayPal to verify my document again from their overseas office, James is right, as my photo ID is not based in UK, they did have their overseas PayPal office to verify it and they accepted it, thanks for all your help
Great to hear, wish you all the best in future...
Closed Thread