Uaccount - Assistance required please, temporarily restricted. "know your customer" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-13-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Uaccount - Assistance required please, temporarily restricted. "know your customer"

Message from customer service received

------
Hi xxxxxx,

We're getting in touch because from time to time we need to ask for more information about how you use your account in order to satisfy a regulatory requirement known as "know your Customer". This usually on new accounts or accounts where some seem a little unusual for a personal account. These guidelines mean we also need to understand, and evidence in some scenarios, where our customers are receiving money from. I'm afraid we have had to temporarily restrict your account while we wait for your answers to the questions below. This means you will no longer be able to receive funds, pay direct debits or take money out. If you have any money due to be paid in, we would recommend that you make alternative arrangements while we complete the review. Please see section 5.3 of the U Account and Card Terms and Conditions for detail about our right to restrict accounts.

We can see that you've received payments in from PayPal into your Extra accounts "acc1" and "acc2" and these funds have been transferred to your main account before it was withdrawn out at ATMs.

Are you able to help us understand the reason for the PayPal payments into the U Account and the connection to the person holding the account? Are you also able to help us understand the reason for transferring the funds to the main account and withdrawing it out? Even though, you are able to make use of the funds as and when you wish, we do find the activity unusual.

The more detail you provide around these transactions, the easier it will be for us to complete our review. Any evidence you can supply will also help us speed things up. I have enabled the ability for you to attach documents to this message so if there is anything you can think of which which will help us understand where you are receiving money from, please include when you reply.

Looking forward to hearing from you and please do don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Thank you in advance...........

----

Has anyone come across this issue? I have not replied as of yet, awaiting advice from fellow forum members before proceeding.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2017
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Uaccount - Assistance required please, temporarily restricted. "know your custome

Old 10-14-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Uaccount - Assistance required please, temporarily restricted. "know your custome

What was the value of these transactions?

How fast would you withdraw the funds at the atm ?
Old 10-21-2017
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 42%

Hi,

Did you manage to reinstate your U Account?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukuser View Post

------
Hi xxxxxx,

We're getting in touch because from time to time we need to ask for more information about how you use your account in order to satisfy a regulatory requirement known as "know your Customer". This usually on new accounts or accounts where some seem a little unusual for a personal account. These guidelines mean we also need to understand, and evidence in some scenarios, where our customers are receiving money from. I'm afraid we have had to temporarily restrict your account while we wait for your answers to the questions below. This means you will no longer be able to receive funds, pay direct debits or take money out. If you have any money due to be paid in, we would recommend that you make alternative arrangements while we complete the review. Please see section 5.3 of the U Account and Card Terms and Conditions for detail about our right to restrict accounts.

We can see that you've received payments in from PayPal into your Extra accounts "acc1" and "acc2" and these funds have been transferred to your main account before it was withdrawn out at ATMs.

Are you able to help us understand the reason for the PayPal payments into the U Account and the connection to the person holding the account? Are you also able to help us understand the reason for transferring the funds to the main account and withdrawing it out? Even though, you are able to make use of the funds as and when you wish, we do find the activity unusual.

The more detail you provide around these transactions, the easier it will be for us to complete our review. Any evidence you can supply will also help us speed things up. I have enabled the ability for you to attach documents to this message so if there is anything you can think of which which will help us understand where you are receiving money from, please include when you reply.

Looking forward to hearing from you and please do don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

----

Has anyone come across this issue? I have not replied as of yet, awaiting advice from fellow forum members before proceeding.

Old 11-10-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
Hi,

Did you manage to reinstate your U Account?

Thanks!
OP has not been online since 17/10/2017.

We must await keenly an update

Old 11-13-2017

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukuser View Post

------
Hi xxxxxx,

----

You can say goodby to this account. i have similar issue with U ACCOUNT few days back and i replied all there message and finally they gave me 60 days notice to close my account. In there final message they will ask you for proof of your name and address and then will say its close.
Old 11-14-2017

Longevity: 45%

After the account is closed how soon can you access your money?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizan View Post
You can say goodby to this account. i have similar issue with U ACCOUNT few days back and i replied all there message and finally they gave me 60 days notice to close my account. In there final message they will ask you for proof of your name and address and then will say its close.
Old 11-14-2017

Longevity: 69%

I am at the stage where they have restricted my account and I sent money from 3 different paypal accounts into the main account and 2 extra accounts. They wanted details of the payment and asked for screenshots of these payments in paypal.

Now they are asking whose name these Paypal accounts are in. I have sent my ID in and they havent said anything about that.

I am asking for help on what I should say to them about these accounts, I already confirmed that I am no longer selling on the ebay accounts as they are suspended. They are just old accounts I was trying to withdraw from.

The total balance in my uaccount is approx 3k. Just want my money, don't care if they close my account as I don't really want to use them EVER AGAIN!!! :(
Old 11-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
After the account is closed how soon can you access your money?

I have got access within 3 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Londonboy17 For This Useful Post:
infinitelyannoyed (11-17-2017)
Old 11-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitelyannoyed View Post
I am at the stage where they have restricted my account and I sent money from 3 different paypal accounts into the main account and 2 extra accounts. They wanted details of the payment and asked for screenshots of these payments in paypal.

Now they are asking whose name these Paypal accounts are in. I have sent my ID in and they havent said anything about that.

I am asking for help on what I should say to them about these accounts, I already confirmed that I am no longer selling on the ebay accounts as they are suspended. They are just old accounts I was trying to withdraw from.

The total balance in my uaccount is approx 3k. Just want my money, don't care if they close my account as I don't really want to use them EVER AGAIN!!! :(

I can say you will get money when you reply all there message.It will take more then 7 days to access your fund.I think they will give you 60 days notice very soon.Make sure you reply all there message asap.
Old 11-14-2017

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizan View Post
I can say you will get money when you reply all there message.It will take more then 7 days to access your fund.I think they will give you 60 days notice very soon.Make sure you reply all there message asap.
Should I say the paypal accounts are not in my name? Will they be ok with that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitelyannoyed View Post
Should I say the paypal accounts are not in my name? Will they be ok with that?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I said it was not mine and i just use my friends ebay account to sell. They accepted it and i gave them stealth paypal details.
Old 05-04-2019

Longevity: 28%

Uaccount has restricted my account over a month ago with out any explanation given. I've contacted them multiple times and the backwards customer service only ever give the same response 'we are idiots and don't know anything, wait for back office to contact you'

Anyone had a similar situation and managed to resolve it?

How did you proceed?
The Following User Says Thank You to jonbailey For This Useful Post:
paulfoltyn (09-02-2019)
Old 05-04-2019
Banned

1st time in my life i restore my ul paypal account.same thins paypal ask me .
Old 05-04-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas

Like PP they are quick to ban you. If you have been using them for mismatched name withdrawals they will request to know your funding source.

You haven’t really got a leg to stand on when this happens
Old 05-04-2019
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Like PP they are quick to ban you. If you have been using them for mismatched name withdrawals they will request to know your funding source.

You haven’t really got a leg to stand on when this happens
i always creating paypal and monzo bank on same name,so now i m not facing any issue,i had withdraw many time
Old 05-04-2019

Longevity: 32%
Send a message via Skype™ to jas

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelfer.org View Post
i always creating paypal and monzo bank on same name,so now i m not facing any issue,i had withdraw many time
I thought Monzo only work mes through the app? What are you using to manage multiple Monzo accounts?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jas For This Useful Post:
Urinbits (05-05-2019), zamzam (05-08-2019)
Old 08-20-2019

another scambank to avoid is monzo
Old 08-26-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Monzo work just fine, I've got one linked to an Amazon account.

They are a regulated UK financial Institution, your money is safe.....as long as you're not what you're calling them - scammers or those looking to abuse the banking system.
Just because you haven't lost money YET doesn't mean Monzo are safe. I know several people who have lost money all while going about their legal day to day.
Old 08-27-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
No they haven't lost their money, there's a good reason why the bank froze their funds. Nearly always because of fraud, or dubious credentials.

Anyway, it works for me, and plenty of others if you're not trying to jerk the system.

Ignorance is bliss as they say. Keep your money where you like, its yours to loose after all.
Old 10-24-2019

Longevity: 39%
Send a message via Skype™ to butler620

After the restriction, can you withdraw the money? I am in the same position.