eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal ltd: problems with ID required (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/15876-paypal-ltd-problems-id-required.html)

no!!! 01-15-2010 07:33 PM

paypal ltd: problems with ID required

OMG My Paypal account has been limited, it is verified i have over 100 feedback & 1 Negative on eBay.

My Paypal & eBay are all stealth details.

They are asking for usual stuff no problems, but they are also asking for my National Insurance Number!!!

How can i get a Stealth N.I Number???

Has anybody dealt with this before?

Please Help, Thanks

GreenBean 01-15-2010 08:09 PM

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They asked for NI again? Can you upload their request? :faint:

no!!! 01-15-2010 08:32 PM

task complete 15 Jan 2010 Confirm your bank account Information Submitted Complete
task complete 15 Jan 2010 Confirm your credit card Information Submitted Complete
15 Jan 2010 Waiting for your response Resolve
15 Jan 2010 Photo ID Waiting for your response Resolve
15 Jan 2010 Provide Invoices Waiting for your response Resolve
15 Jan 2010 Supplier Contact Info Waiting for your response Resolve
task complete 15 Jan 2010 Validate your Account Information Information Submitted Complete
15 Jan 2010 Confirm National Insurance number Waiting for your response Resolve
15 Jan 2010 Update phone numbers Waiting for your response Resolve
15 Jan 2010 Provide proof of delivery Waiting for your response Resolve
15 Jan 2010 Provide more information about payments Waiting for your response

Seems like they asking for a lot, is this normal???

GreenBean 01-15-2010 08:43 PM

Nope, they stopped asking for the NI. Tried for a while but then stopped.

no!!! I'll need to do some checking, I'll let you know.

ETA: Can you tell me the date of creation of this account,please?

paypalpains 01-18-2010 02:12 PM

What caused them to ask for such info from you in the first place?

Asking for NI , sounds like that is just going to make people have to drop accounts left ,right and centre

no!!! 01-19-2010 05:43 AM

Hi, Thanks for everyone for replying to me.

Phoned Paypal and told them that i didnt know my N.I number so i phoned the inland revenue & they advised me that i should not give my N.I Number over the internet including Paypal.

Paypal adviser said no problem, i dont need to submit it :D

:pry:

NZT 01-19-2010 05:58 AM

I wouldnt even bother playing to their tune with this anymore. You have shown willing and have completed the first steps but there is NO GUARANTEE that they will lift the limitation once you complete everything to the letter.

The chances are that they will but you will have to do an awful lot more dancing for them so complete all those steps.

You also have quite a few more steps to go, you have the choice to literally perservere and just give them everything, or to forget the PP account and create another.

Personally I would forget it and move on, (but withdraw any funds after 180 days)

Its interesting that the PP advisor said "you dont need to submit your NI number" when it is a step. If you are determined you could complete all the other steps then ring them and quote the guy saying that you dont need to submit the NI.

ALways keep names of PP employess and times and dates so you can quote them.

bode 01-19-2010 06:29 AM

Agreed, stop playing around and warn them that unless they release your money (assuming you have some in there) you will take legal action. Set them a short deadline and then send a formal notice to begin legal action, never accept the 180 days.

no!!! 01-19-2010 07:52 AM

Hi bode, i do have some other accounts which was limited before Xmas, and have a few grand in them.

My Paypal account has stealth info, but Bank Details are correct.

I did phone them but they said i need to wait 180 days.

So what would the steps be to threaten legal action, what do i need to do & say?

Does this work, and how fast do they usually act & recieve your money?

captainjack1980 01-19-2010 07:58 AM

No that will not work. It would be a waste of time. Paypal are operating within the TOS you signed up to when you created the account.

And with stealth accounts especially you have absolutely no legal recourse!

CaptainJack

NZT 01-19-2010 10:11 AM

Yes I wouldnt even bother considering any form of legal action. They hold all the cards as we have all accepted the terms and conditions and they can pretty much do as they please.

All you can do is know that in 180 days you will get any funds back. Once you accept this life is a lot easier, talking of legal action is a waste of time and will only cause you stree anger and worry, plus its pointless.

bode 01-19-2010 06:04 PM

No, it's not difficult. TOS crap. It's completely illegal for them to hold YOUR money. A TOS which is deemed unfair will not hold up in court. A judge will simply look at who owns the money.

What gives them the right to hold a few grand?
Paypal try to claim that it is EU anti money laundering rules, but the simple fact is that there is no such EU rule which applies here. Ask for it in writing and see if they can produce something.

You can go to moneyclaim.gov.org and file a claim online...costs £25 and Paypal will have to pay the fees. They will probably release the funds once the claim arrives if not before when they realise you are serious.

Why were you limited by the way? Disputes?

How stealthy are you?

captainjack1980 01-19-2010 06:09 PM

Perhaps if you cite specifically which UK laws Paypal are breaking?

CaptainJack

bode 01-19-2010 06:24 PM

Paypal use a number of reasons for holding your money one of them being EU anti laundering, but there doesn't appear to be any legislation which requires any company to freeze your account.

If you are fully verified and linked to a UK bank there should be no reason to freeze your money for months. The OP has 1 negative.

Paypal do not own your money and are holding it against your will. I'm quite sure that's unlawful without any sufficient reason for doing so.

no!!! 01-20-2010 09:59 AM

My Name is different variation, Bank details are correct.

Everything else quite random :heh:

I use Mobile internet dongle.

So has any1 here tried 2 file a claim and got there money early? Or is it just hear say & talk :faint:

:ranger:

kingfish900 01-21-2010 08:12 AM

cut it loose and move on. big mess dude. not worth the time.

dburnside 01-21-2010 08:48 AM

dont think your in any position to talking about whats legal when your paypal account is stealth lol :attention: