PayPal Limited my main account due to debt on old linked account! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default PayPal Limited my main account due to debt on old linked account!

Hi

On 5th May PP limited my account due to a linked account having a negative balance from 2008!

So like a good person I paid this as I was told it would release the limitation on the account. At the time I couldn't even receive payments, but I managed to get that changed once the debit card payment had been made.

I was told on Thurs/Fri that the payment would clear in 48 hours, so around Mon/Tues (today).

I have logged on this morning and the steps to remove limitation say complete, but the limitation still exists.

When I got into work I had a standard email from them (dated 8th May) saying due to security risks they were closing the PP account!!!

Now I am a regular on eBay selling items and I need my PP account on a daily basis and why they have said this I have no idea. The heading of the email was "appeal denied", but I have not made an appeal! Also, I was told the limitation would be lifted once the payment had been made.

Could this email be a spoof and am I worrying about something or nothing? I cannot ring them as their lines are currently closed?

Can anyone help, many thanks LL
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

The moment you paid for the old amount, they KNEW you were linked. It's a violation of TOS, so your account is finished. Done.

You'll have to make a new one.

It is not a spoof email. They tricked you twice.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply however, I have an email stating that once this amount had been paid the limitation would be lifted.

I see no reason as to why I am "done" as you so put it !

Any "helpful" replies gratefully received!
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
The moment you paid for the old amount, they KNEW you were linked. It's a violation of TOS, so your account is finished. Done.

You'll have to make a new one.

It is not a spoof email. They tricked you twice.
PS: Surely if they close the account and you say "make a new one" they will close this also once they work out that is linked to an old closed account?
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

They lifted the limitation. Then they closed the account. You aren't the first person they've done that to. You aren't the only one here who was tricked in that manner.

Technically, they did what they said. They lifted the limit. They never claimed the account would remain open. And it did not remain open.

Technically, an agreement via email means nothing. It is not binding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loobyloo36 View Post
Thanks for your reply however, I have an email stating that once this amount had been paid the limitation would be lifted.

My reply was helpful, if you will study it. Facts is facts. There's no nice way to give you bad news. There is a mean way, which I will not do. The least painful for you is for us to give it to you straight. That's how it is. Don't waste one more moment of your time worrying over this account. It is dead. Bury it. Move forward.

Quote:
PS: Surely if they close the account and you say "make a new one" they will close this also once they work out that is linked to an old closed account?
Get the stealth guide. Surely if it were not exactly what you need, then it would not be exactly what many of us have used to accomplish exactly what you need done.

Make a new account using the information in the stealth guide. Unless you take shortcuts or you screw up, they will never link the new account to the old account.

This is the second helpful reply I have given you. Others will back me up, surely. Look around here. Read any of the hundred and umpteen thousand posts. See who is still in the game and find out why. Short answer, they read the guide, they started with fresh accounts, and they are getting paid instead of boo-hoo'ing.

Have a nice day.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your replies, my one question is that they have yet to lift the limitation. This is what I am waiting to happen.

Sorry if you thought I was short in my reply, but its frustrating when there is around £700 in the account and their standard email said they would hold this for 180 days! The thing is I am not sure if the email I was received was spoof or not.

When I rang them I didnt mention the email. When I paid the debt on the other account I was 51p short (due to the Euro and the £ conversion) so they are sorting this out this morning.

My partner has a PP account, could I put this email in the listing to pay and just not link the two together or am I better off not going there?

I cannot access the stealth site at work as its blocked sadly,
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

I did perceive your reply to be abrupt. We can move past that, though.

I agree that it is frustrating when somebody else will not allow you access to your own funds.

The email was not a spoof. If it said 180 days, that means the account is PERMANENTLY GONE.

Your account is no longer limited. It is closed. The funds are being withheld for 180 days as collateral against potential chargebacks and reversals. Well, that's their story, anyhow. Truth is, they are just crooks making up excuses.

Fact is: the account cannot be used. you won't get your money early. investing any more of your time on this problem is purely wasteful. in 180 days, you get it. That's it.

Regarding your partner's PP account. You do not want to use an account that belongs to another person. Especially a friend. If something caused a problem, you would feel terrible and your friend would be disappointed, upset, or ruined.

Paypal will report the previously linked account problem to ebay who will be suspending your account soon, anyhow. Your listings will be closed. If you were to use any other paypal account with it, that paypal account would be ruined. If that paypal has your friend's ebay already used with it, he'd lose not only his paypal but his ebay too.

Truly, the short answer I tried to give before is actually the exact answer you need.

Log into your ebay one last time. Cancel your listings. Open a new bank. Open a new ebay. Open a new paypal. Don't look back for 179 days. On the day Paypal releases the money they have stolen from you, go to a different computer, then log into the old paypal and put the money into your bank. DO NOT LOG INTO YOUR OLD EBAY OR PAYPAL ACCOUNTS USING THE SAME COMPUTER YOU WILL BE USING WITH YOUR NEW ACCOUNTS, EVER!

Never ever.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Hi thanks for the info.

The eBay account is still active and making sales. This email about the closure was sent on Saturday and I have sold loads since then and also received the payments, so really do not know what is happening at the moment ~ I may give them another call shortly.

I understand that your accounts can be linked via the IP address etc., but I had an old eBay account once where it got shut down and I opened up a new one using the same computer. About a week later that got closed down as well, sadly.

Surely if I use the postal address this is where the old accounts would link the new ones?
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:

Helpful means a reply you want to hear not the truth which is what you should hear.

Welcome to the forum,Ll and the world of 'ebay/paypal fibs'.

You may well have an email stating if you pay up all will be fine. Evidence from users here says the monies get taken but the promise does not get kept.You could be an exception but it is not that likely.
That places you in a bind because it no longer allows you to use your account. Stealth should be your next move. Pending complete resolution I suggest you read the forum to discover how to make a new stealth account that will not link you
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

I strongly implore Loobyloo36 to obtain the stealth guide by whatever reasonable means available. Buy it or, if the option still exists, use trialpay to get it.

Having the guide means you can get the answers, explanations, and instructions in the proper order quickly. Using the forum will provide answers, but will require much searching and sifting and sorting. Also, thanks to me, the forum posts are sometimes confusing to those who don't already grasp the big picture. It truly is a big picture. Everything about ebay and paypal is interwoven in a convoluted manner.

The guide is the way to go. 6-12 hours of looking it over once. Then going back to the beginning of the guide using what you've learned and just reviewing again as you make your new accounts. If it is early enough in the day, you can be done before dark. If not, then it will take an extra few hours.

Easy peasy.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicvelcro View Post
I strongly implore Loobyloo36 to obtain the stealth guide by whatever reasonable means available. Buy it or, if the option still exists, use trialpay to get it.

Having the guide means you can get the answers, explanations, and instructions in the proper order quickly. Using the forum will provide answers, but will require much searching and sifting and sorting. Also, thanks to me, the forum posts are sometimes confusing to those who don't already grasp the big picture. It truly is a big picture. Everything about ebay and paypal is interwoven in a convoluted manner.

The guide is the way to go. 6-12 hours of looking it over once. Then going back to the beginning of the guide using what you've learned and just reviewing again as you make your new accounts. If it is early enough in the day, you can be done before dark. If not, then it will take an extra few hours.

Easy peasy.

Thanks for your advice, much appreicated, I will of course check out the stealth account, perhaps using this as a backup should this happen again.

Whilst writing, my account has been fully restored and I have been able to withdraw the funds on the account, no mention of my account being closed or anything!
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

In your very first post, you stated that your account was closed and you had been given a 180 day notice.
Old 05-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

@vic-baby. Read the OP again AND quickly foot-in-mouth
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

I have re-read post 1 several times already. I have just now finished reading it yet again.

My foot in whose mouth? Heh.

Quote:
On 5th May PP limited my account due to a linked account having a negative balance from 2008!

Limited because it was linked.

So like a good person I paid this as I was told it would release the limitation on the account. At the time I couldn't even receive payments, but I managed to get that changed once the debit card payment had been made.

I was told on Thurs/Fri that the payment would clear in 48 hours, so around Mon/Tues (today).

I have logged on this morning and the steps to remove limitation say complete, but the limitation still exists.

Complete but not usable. Hmmm.

When I got into work I had a standard email from them (dated 8th May) saying due to security risks they were closing the PP account!!!

Right HERE ^^^^^

Now I am a regular on eBay selling items and I need my PP account on a daily basis and why they have said this I have no idea. The heading of the email was "appeal denied", but I have not made an appeal! Also, I was told the limitation would be lifted once the payment had been made.

Appeal denied. That might be the automatic appeal.

Could this email be a spoof and am I worrying about something or nothing? I cannot ring them as their lines are currently closed?

What a coincidence that a spoof email should arrive at this time.
Now, everything is reported to be peachy and ducky ??? I smell perch and bluegill and sunFISH.
Old 05-10-2010
Threadstarter  

LOL oh well, reading things quickly can always come across as they are not meant, but anyway I appreciate your advice and help, but at the same time am so pleased that you were wrong (in the nicest way obviously) and that Paypal Restored the account
Old 05-10-2010
Vicvelcro

Hey, if everything is working just fine, I'm happy FOR you. It's always a good feeling when things work out.

What I was getting at in my most recent two posts: Paypal may have goofed. Or something may have happened that they are not informing you about. Like um maybe a competitor was doing something underhanded against you. Paypal may have hit you based on information they later found to be false. And if so, they retract their premature actions but don't inform you properly of the full situation.

That's one possibility.

They obviously linked you already. This you know, via phone. You spoke with them and paid the old balance. Rules is rules. Getting caught making a new account when you have already had one before (closed or not) is grounds for closure of the current account.

So, why do you still have an account? Why is it all just fine now?

Maybe some authority ordered them to over-ride their usual policy so they can continue to monitor your activities. You might be a subject of surveillance and investigation.

This all smells bad.
Old 05-11-2010

Longevity: 81%

I am in the same situation.

I had a old account in negative, they told me to send money on and they would left up the limitation...
Bad way, I have paid, and they close all the linked accounts.... trick trick :(

The ebay account is still running and the paypal account can still receive money.

Same situation as yours

The difference is all the paypal account are still locked
Old 05-11-2010

Longevity: 81%

Hi there

welcome to my World, you wont be able to access the money locked for 180 days

i got caught with negative balance accounts that an ex used from years ago. I had to pay them over £400

they said they would lift the limitation, i spent prob about £100 on phone bills being lied to by paypal and i got VERY angry with them on the phone towards the end. They took £3,000 of mine!!

so im affraid your account like mine is dead for good
Old 11-12-2020

Longevity: 20%
Default Re: PayPal Limited my main account due to debt on old linked account!

Quote:
Hi

Can anyone help, many thanks LL
Just curious, how long did you have that new account btw before they found out it was linked to a in-debt acc
Old 11-12-2020

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: PayPal Limited my main account due to debt on old linked account!

Quote:
Just curious, how long did you have that new account btw before they found out it was linked to a in-debt acc
The post is around 10 years old, don't think the OP is active on the forum anymore