Paypal Top Up Cards - Any good for 'Stealth'? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 07-13-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Paypal Top Up Cards - Any good for 'Stealth'?

Hi guys!

I am wondering if it would be worth applying for one of these Paypal Top-Up cards. I am having a nightmare with the time it takes to withdraw money from Paypal to my bank account and apparently if you have a Paypal Top-Up card you can get access to your Paypal funds quicker and use it like a credit card or withdraw money from the cash machine. Anyway I am using my new eBay and Paypal 'Stealth' accounts which means the name on the Paypal account is (ahem!) hokey, so if I apply for one of these cards in this name will it be alright? I dont want to mess up my new account by doing something like this, if it wont work then I wont bother and I will have to put up with waiting the 7+ days to withdraw money into my bank account. Does anyone have any experience of applying for one of these Paypal Top-Up cards for their 'Stealth' account and have you had any problems? Thanks for any help folks!

Cheers!

Johnny

Old 07-13-2010

Longevity: 81%

Here, in US, you need to submit a SS# in order to get a Paypal debit card. So, everything has to match..
I have a PP debit card from my previous (not yet suspended) real PP account. It's very convenient and I get some % cashback every month.

Last edited by ptenchick; 07-13-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I haven't heard of anyone getting the debit card on stealth info. Sure would be nice. I really miss that bad boy. It was so awesome.
Old 07-14-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

I'm in the UK, I have read something on the Paypal Top Up card website that the card will only be sent to a name that is on the electoral register at the address you wish it to be sent to. Obviously my 'Stealth' account name is not on the electoral register so I am not sure if this would work, I also dont want to do anything that might cause my account to 'flag' up as been suspicious, for instance if my application for a Paypal Top Up card gets rejected this might make them start asking awkward questions... I dunno, the prospect of getting my money quicker is attractive but I dont want to lose my account over it. Has anyone from the United Kingdom applied for a Paypal Top Up card using their 'Stealth' account and been successful? If so please let me know how you did it.

many thanks!

Johnny
Old 07-20-2010

Longevity: 79%

I would stick with the nightmare your having now or try and find another solution, IE : bank account . i would steer well clear of a paypal card unless your willing to lose the money in there when things go tits up .

To me doing what you talking about it suicide, it just gives paypal control over peoples money more of the time.
Say you have a really good week, fortnight or whatever and its all on your card and paypal find out your running stealth, oh dear .

am i been paranoid - as soon as my money hits the bank i draw it out and move it to another account as i have known them to pull money back from accounts.