verifying bank account for paypal UK - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 02-17-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default verifying bank account for paypal UK

alright, sorry if this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so this new subforum is probably best...

Does anyone know a way of getting a verified paypal uk account without opening a new real bank account ?

In order to get a verified paypal uk account, you need to provide bank account information, right ? or are there other ways? i think credit card is not enough...

I've got already 3 different bank accounts all linked to different paypal accounts. And I can't really be bothered of opening more and more bank accounts for every ebay/paypal account.

any ideas ?

cheers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Do a search of Mantisinc posts. There are several excellent posts that give
heaps of information. For sure there is one date 02/08 where Manis explained
how to set up a seller account. Also search entropay....
Old 02-18-2008

Steve, unfortunately the only way I have found so far it to actually open up a new bank account. Not being 18, I haven't really searched around the banks and found the best plans to sign up with, but apparently ING has a plan where you open up one account, and then in that account as many accounts as you like.

I just popped into my local bank and opened up another bank, just explained to them I needed to open up a new account for a new paypal account.

And, to confirm, where paypal asks for the name of the account, this does not matter at all. ALL they take into consideration is the account number and sort code.

It seems that the only "online" or "virtual" accounts are available in the US, and they use the routing number system. If you do come across a UK alternative, please let me know

Best of luck!
Old 02-18-2008

I have a ING account which is a savings account as far as i am aware they dont do current accounts. But i was thinking of trying my ING account to verify with paypal, anyone had any experience of this??
Old 02-18-2008

You can use either a current account or savings account to verify.
The Following User Says Thank You to mantisinc For This Useful Post:
vik222 (04-16-2010)
Old 02-18-2008

a ha, have you tried it yet?? Do you think it would also work with ebay??
Old 02-18-2008

I haven't tried it no, but when confirming your bank account, it asks you to say if it's either a current or savings account.

I don't think with ebay you need a bank account, well certainly not when I signed up or last time I registered an account. Unless it's a new measure making it even harder to sign up.
Old 02-18-2008

Ok will give it a go.

As for the ebay question i have already posted that they are now asking for bank details, not yet tried but will give ING a go for that to.
Old 02-18-2008

when it comes to UK there is nothing named virtual bank account..

yes you can get your paypal accounts verified with a savings accounts as well checking....

some good news for all previous suspended ebay users who want to buy stuff on ebay without the risk of exposing their real address/info to ebay which gets link when you checkout..:-

i have successfully created a new paypal/ebay account by changing my real details here n there.. and making sure that the altered real info is not associated with any previous suspended accounts... both ebay/paypal have same info a couple of days i ordered a couple of things using new ebay account paid via paypal and received them all with no problems... in process of verifying this new paypal account which should be done without any problems.. although ebay account for the moment is only a buyer account and i have no intention of shifting it to a seller account as seller accounts are the ones which raise flags so maybe after 6months or a year later maybe i upgrade it to seller but not now...

now about some bad news...

i opened another new seller account yesterday and ebay first gave three options.. either pay seller fees via 1. bank. 2. credit card . 3 paypal.. i choose credit card on the next step it said ebay wants to call so i had to create a new voip number to open that account.. previously ebay was ok with just putting in credit card... i have also a feeling ebay would like to put in bank account as mandatory too on top of all this..

hope this info was helpfull for you guys goodluck !!!
Old 02-18-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Not being 18, I haven't really searched around the banks and found the best plans to sign up with, but apparently ING has a plan where you open up one account, and then in that account as many accounts as you like. !
just wondering why dont u open halifax basic account, it provides visa electron card and is ok with 16 plus no credit check as it doesnot provide overdraft.. u can open online very good service
Old 02-18-2008

Oh it's not a problem finding under 18's account, I currently have 2 at the moment.

But I think for uses such as opening multiple accounts within one account, they are not offered for the under 18's. In one of my accounts I can open up one secondary account, but the lady told me if I need any more, I'l have to go to another bank.

No doubt I'l be with halifax before long, after I've worked my way down the other banks on the high street
Old 02-18-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

you can have several bank accounts under one roof with ING ?
could someone please confirm & explain that ?

and with ebay, you don't need a bank account to initially open a seller account. but after a while they have asked me to provide a VERIFIED paypal account in order to continue selling on ebay...
i think thats a new ebay regulation... just type "Building Trust by Reducing Counterfeits" into the ebay help search and you'll find all the details... really BS if you ask me...
(and it's also got to do with "high risk" items which i'm apparently selling)
Old 02-18-2008

Steve, do a search on here for ING (VB does allow 3 character searches doesn't it?) there was a thread with info on it.

As for ebay not requiring a bank account, looking over some posts recently, apparently that's no longer true. Ebay are now asking to add a bank account for sellers accounts. Can't confirm it myself, but it's what I've read.
Old 02-18-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yes, mantisinc, i just went through your other useful thread here
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...s-account.html
and will try these halifax accounts, sounds good, probably even better than ING.

ebay have not asked me directly for a bank account by the way, also not for new seller account. but they have asked me for a verified paypal account, which then requires a bank account...
Old 02-18-2008

Ah okay. Ebay are getting to the stage though that they will require a bank account verification for opening a sellers account.

Let us know how you get on!
Old 02-24-2008

Longevity: 93%

yes today l opened a ebay a/c and after credit details went in , on the next page they wanted bank details, with fasle name and address but with real bank info, it was declined , which notice " unable to verify bank a/c please contact customer service "
Old 02-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Do credit card details and bank account details match exactly?
Old 03-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie View Post
yes today l opened a ebay a/c and after credit details went in , on the next page they wanted bank details, with fasle name and address but with real bank info, it was declined , which notice " unable to verify bank a/c please contact customer service "
ok, this is strange. i tried to open 2 sellers account the last days. on one of them ebay has asked for cc AND bank account details and on the other one ebay asked only for cc details !
the only difference is that i had a dispute against me on the one account where ebay asked for bank details. not sure if this is the trigger...

what is everyone elses experience ???
Old 03-02-2008

Bertie, did you enter the correct branch location of your bank? Because the location must match the sort code. Don't worry abouy giving the real location of the branch.
Old 03-03-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
when it comes to UK there is nothing named virtual bank account..

yes you can get your paypal accounts verified with a savings accounts as well checking....

some good news for all previous suspended ebay users who want to buy stuff on ebay without the risk of exposing their real address/info to ebay which gets link when you checkout..:-

i have successfully created a new paypal/ebay account by changing my real details here n there.. and making sure that the altered real info is not associated with any previous suspended accounts... both ebay/paypal have same info a couple of days i ordered a couple of things using new ebay account paid via paypal and received them all with no problems... in process of verifying this new paypal account which should be done without any problems.. although ebay account for the moment is only a buyer account and i have no intention of shifting it to a seller account as seller accounts are the ones which raise flags so maybe after 6months or a year later maybe i upgrade it to seller but not now...

now about some bad news...

i opened another new seller account yesterday and ebay first gave three options.. either pay seller fees via 1. bank. 2. credit card . 3 paypal.. i choose credit card on the next step it said ebay wants to call so i had to create a new voip number to open that account.. previously ebay was ok with just putting in credit card... i have also a feeling ebay would like to put in bank account as mandatory too on top of all this..

hope this info was helpfull for you guys goodluck !!!
Saving account can be verified by paypal? How do you transfer paypal fund to your saving account, as we can not do this to a UK saving account. I have asked a local bank staff, they said that.
Old 03-03-2008

Keco, I already have 2 verified paypal accounts that have been setup with savings accounts. Under 18's savings account on that one. Have been transfering money across on one for about 5 years, the other a good couple of months with no problems at all.

I think the staff at the bank were, well, lying to you.
Old 03-15-2008

Longevity: 93%

I have opened up a new Halifax account ready for a new PP acct, does paypal need false details for name and address and email etc to avoid linking? And if i give a false address how will i get stuff delivered?