visa debit to buy with p pal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default visa debit to buy with p pal

Hi, just opened my 3rd stealth account, and as i just got a new debit card as the chip was going on my old one, thought i would use that instead of buying an entropay.

Have added to ppal okay with no problems. I just made my first purchase on new account, and am about to pay, but just realised the name on the card is my real name, and the stealth details are somebody elses - does anyone have experience of using debit cards to pay thorugh pa yp al when the account is in a differnet name? ie not like entropay where there is no name on the card, this one does have a real name.

I Would really appreciate any advice, i dont want to blow this new stealth account by making a stupid mistake like this!
Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-15-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Hi, just opened my 3rd stealth account, and as i just got a new debit card as the chip was going on my old one, thought i would use that instead of buying an entropay.

Took me some time to get that! :D Thought it was Pay Pal related

Quote:
Have added to ppal okay with no problems. I just made my first purchase on new account, and am about to pay, but just realised the name on the card is my real name, and the stealth details are somebody elses - does anyone have experience of using debit cards to pay thorugh pa yp al when the account is in a differnet name? ie not like entropay where there is no name on the card, this one does have a real name.

I Would really appreciate any advice, i dont want to blow this new stealth account by making a stupid mistake like this!
Cheers
First thing is that Pay Pal obviously now have two methods of withdrawing money from your bank account

Is your address similar on your Pay Pal and with the real debit?

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-15-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hi Shady, thanks for the mega quick reply.

Address on paypal is nothing like the address on my real debit - i am going down the rout of using friends and familys details to open stealth accounts, with their permission of course, mainly people who do not even have computers, so will never be likely to want e bay accounts

so the address on the debit card is mine, and the stealth accounts in the name of somebody else.

I am starting to think i am being a cheapskate by not just getting another entr opay card!

The bank account, a first reserve which i just opened, has had the confirmation amounts come through today so that will be verified okay. I didnt intend to buy anything on this new accoutn, just sell (i have listed 3 or 4 items no problem straight away), but was browsing and i saw something that looked really good, so thought it would help to get a bit of buyer fback anyway, but just need to pay now!

So, in your honest opinion, do you think i would be better off just getting an entro card and paying that way, or have a try with the debit card and risk the payment getting returned because the names dont match? (think i know the answer to that one already but it is nice to hear it confirmed by someone else sometimes!!!)

Cheers
Old 04-15-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
Address on paypal is nothing like the address on my real debit
You verified this card and the address is nothing like your Pay Pal address?

I never have added my real card because I thought it would never work because the addresses are different! That and I am never sure that Pay Pal cannot get a quick sneak at the real name on the debit :D

I prefer to use my linked details as less a possible

Quote:
i am going down the rout of using friends and familys details to open stealth accounts, with their permission of course
Quote:
So, in your honest opinion, do you think i would be better off just getting an entro card and paying that way, or have a try with the debit card and risk the payment getting returned because the names dont match? (think i know the answer to that one already but it is nice to hear it confirmed by someone else sometimes!!!)
You don't want to risk giving e Bay and Pay Pal your real suspended details as much as possible. You could try buying items that accept payments such as postal or money orders to be safe.

Good news if they are letting you use their addresses!
Old 04-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Cheers for that, think i may have made a mistake, i am gonna go get another entr opay card and use that to pay with, will try and remove debit card from my account, wont use that again just in case!
all the best
Old 04-19-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz View Post
Cheers for that, think i may have made a mistake, i am gonna go get another entr opay card and use that to pay with, will try and remove debit card from my account, wont use that again just in case!
all the best
did you use this card to pay for something already, if you did

Account = toast.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 04-19-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

hi, luckily no i did not, i was about to then started thinking, so i just added a new entro card and used that, then deleted the debit card - i know i cant use that anymore anyway, but no loss as i got a new debit card anyway!