Insufficient Funds in Bank to pay eBay Fees.... - Help! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-26-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Insufficient Funds in Bank to pay eBay Fees.... - Help!

Hi folks!

I have made a bit of a blunder which I hope I can sort out before it causes me untold problems... I usually have been having my eBay fees paid automatically out of my Paypal account. However I went and withdrew all the money I had in paypal a few weeks ago, I didnt realise I still had eBay fees due to be paid. Anyway if there isnt enough money in my Paypal account to cover the fees I have the account set up so that it will take money from my bank account to pay the fees. Now I didnt have enough money in my account at the time to cover the fees and today I have received an email from Paypal saying:

Your PayPal Bank Funding payment cannot be completed because your bank reported insufficient funds in your bank account to cover the transfer amount. As a result, your Bank Funding payment has been reversed.

At the end of the email there is no option to reply by email, it suggests that I telephone their customer services telephone number. Ironically as of today I do have the money in my bank account, but it seems it takes a few days - 5-7 days to transfer money from my bank into paypal. Does anyone know if there is any way I could pay my eBay fees using my debit card which is linked to the bank account that Paypal use? I am panicing now because I am thinking they will suspend my eBay account and stop my current auctions. The amount of money is ony £16.44 and I can easily pay it now, I have just made a stupid misjudgement over the time and amount of money I should have left in my paypal and bank account. Does anyone know what will happen? Please try and answer my question before 6.30pm today please as Paypals customer services are only open until 7pm this evening.

many thanks!

Johnny

Old 05-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Simple solution - do this right away - buy a prepaid credit card and overpay your eb ay fees STAT.

Now be aware, your pp may become limited because of failed bank transfer but one time should be ok.

Don't panic.
Old 05-26-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

Hi

thanks for the suggestion RSOT, I dont know what you mean though about buying a prepaid credit card, I already have a credit card that I can pay with, why would i need another prepaid card?

Also how can I overpay my eBay fees? The invoice on Ebay currently says £0.00 but the fees that Paypal tried to take from my bank account arent showing on eBay, I dont understand this if the payment they tried to take from my bank was declined. Will Paypal let me pay the £16 outstanding fees on my credit card?

I dont want to end up not been able to list my auctions because of this. I am about to phone Paypal in the next few minutes because I dont seem to be able to email them regarding this

if anyone has any suggestions please let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Johnny
Old 05-26-2011

Longevity: 79%

Did you look in your eby to see when your fees where last paid and how, it should show the date and how.

If the card is not attached to the bank account but added to paypal or ebay, maybe they tried you bank as the first option to pay the fees and then your card that you have funds on, so there paid , not sure as you quite right do not give enough info.

if you want to use the card, then choose one time payment option, you can adjust the amount you pay there so you can over pay so to speak.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 05-26-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

is your eb/pp account stealth,

if yes thats why you should get a pre paid credit card to pay the eb fees

im assuming your pp/eb accounts are in your real name,if you have a credit card in the same name as your eb/pp account you should be able to pay the fees with it,cant see why not tbh

someone with more xp may correct me but this is my view of the situation