eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Seller problems (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/32691-seller-problems.html)

Spoon 06-14-2011 01:28 PM

Seller problems

I apologise should this subject not be relevant I simply need some proper advice (none of that Paypal spiel where they tell you how darn happy they are to assist you, but in the end, the actually do not)

I bought some vouchers from a seller. Paid up. Guy said he sent them. Few days later I noticed his feedback score took a dive. Attempted to contact. Stealth details.

Initiated a Buyer Complaint through ebay. Not covered
Initiated a Buyer Complaint though Paypal, Not covered

My question is. Is that it? Has my dough set sail to a foreign land of no designation. Never to be seen again?

I really do HATE being ripped off.

Is there any point going to the Cops?

I guess the guy could BS and say 'I sent them! You can't prove I didn't. Nah Nah.'

Thanks for listening guys. I already feel more reflective.

SaiJin 06-14-2011 01:54 PM

can you give us the details of how you paid, did you get tracking, etc?

oompaloompa 06-14-2011 02:18 PM

why not covered? if you paid by paypal and they were tangible goods you are covered.

what message came up?

You say feedback took nosedive, they are still registered? is your purchase showing on your ebay acc under purchases, what happens when you follow link to resolve problem. I have seen this before though.. when there is alot of negs and there are lots of complaints for money back, its like their system gets gridlocked and you cannot open claim on ebay...If you find paypal transaction, you should be able to open up on that route.

Spoon 06-14-2011 04:30 PM

Many thanks for replying guys.

The vouchers were scheduled to arrive on Monday, so when they did not arrive on the Tuesday I thought I would take a look to at his account.

There were two new negatives and the seller had made his feedback private.

This was when I attempted to contact the seller. I subsequently discovered the contact information he had provided was stealth.

The item listing stated the the seller was selling by 'Standard 1st Class'.

I then initiated the process of complaint, both through eB ay and Pa ypal.

It was then that I discovered the vouchers I had purchased were not covered! To be specific they were Argos vouchers. They are not covered by Paypal Buyer Protection.

I have been using e and pp for years and this is the first problem I have encountered like this. I do not usually get scammed!

I have contacted Paypal and all I was provided with was a standard email reply basically saying 'TOUGH!'

BiN4RY 06-14-2011 04:56 PM

If the money came out of your Credit Card or Bank account, call for a chargeback.

rsot 06-14-2011 05:03 PM

Bank Account will not really help you but if you paid via credit card, your card has its OWN fraud protection. Look into that - I have done that before.

ShadyOne 06-14-2011 05:46 PM

I thought you would have been able to open an Item Not Arrived case seeming as the item is tangible and were being delivered. Madness!

Spoon 06-15-2011 04:08 AM

further details as asked.
I tried to ebay FIRST. When I had no joy I tried Paypal. I know full well you can't do both.

'Foreign Land?' What are you taking about? I was making a jokey reference to never seeing my money again

The seller CHANGED his feedback to Private AFTER he/she made the sales. 'There were two new negatives and the seller had made his feedback private.'

I initiated a CONTACT DETAILS REQUEST. This is when respective contact details is sent to both buyer AND seller. I signed into my email account and rang the phone number. It is a dead line. I then checked the ADDRESS the seller had listed. I entered it into Google and discovered it was a newsagents.

I rang the listed phone number for the newsagents and no one at the address (there is a flat upstairs but it is owned/lived in by the person I spoke to. He lives ALONE)

I am therefore pretty sure that the details are F A K E.

That's five minutes of my life I shall never get back.

Alps_a somewhatlegend 06-15-2011 04:26 AM

If you only were expecting vouchers this Monday (13th), its still early days for it to arrive. (when did you pay)
You wont be able to open a pp/eb claim until.... I forget but its maybe 9 days or something.

If you try to open a claim before then, a message will pop-up saying its too early.

Also, if you do open a claim too early, the seller gets send a complimentary email from pp/eb saying 'a buyer has tried to open a claim too early. Please contact them to help....' or words to that effect....... thats what happened to me as a seller within recent days.

I have sold coupons/vouchers and people have made successful claims in past against me as a seller so I cant understand why you aint protected under pp buyer protection scheme..... then again I aint the sharpest tool in the box :)