Personal account still available? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 08-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default Personal account still available?

Hello. I just signed up for what I though was a Paypal 'Personal' account, however, on completing registration I noticed that my account details list my account type as a 'Premier' account. Thinking that I had screwed up somewhere, I went back to the Paypal signup page. Thing is, unlike other countries you are only offered 2 options: 'PayPal for your personal use' and 'PayPal for your business'. Choosing the former simply seems to default to a premier account. So how the heck do you get a personal account? Is it still available for new signups? Did I miss something?

Also, as I am only concerned with buying things with my credit card via Paypal (on ebay) does the distinction between Personal & Premier accounts matter. e.g. Do you incur additional charges when making purchases on credit card with Premier?, do you have to verify your Paypal account with premier? etc

Many thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-19-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Welcome to the forum, angus

Think some weeks back, another user mentioned a glitch with this. Cant give you a better reply as I have premier or business accounts. The personal account is really old.
Last check I did of what paypal uk offer, they state there are 3 types of accounts. then as we know, paypal lie

Premier costs less than personal.

I'm of the school that ANY paypal account should be verified and confirmed. My accounts seem to have few problems. On one UK buying account I've had several thousands of pounds go thro' without disaster.
Old 08-19-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 73%

Quote:
Last check I did of what paypal uk offer, they state there are 3 types of accounts. then as we know, paypal lie
Yes, that is why I am left scratching my head. They talk everywhere about 3 accounts (Personal/Premier/Business), yet UK signup as far as I can see only offers 2! Initially I thought it was my browser causing a glitch... it isn't. :( I've checked on different browsers and on different computers - all give the same result. Like I said I'm confused. :(

>RE Verification
I agree that verification is the way to go. Out of interest, is verification with Credit Cards compulsory with PayPal? The reason I ask is that there is an item on Ebay with the auction finishing Sunday night that I'd like to bid on. However, verification of a credit card would probably take a few days, so time is obviously an issue. The item BTW is sub £5.