Which Bank Account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Which Bank Account?

I thought it would be a good idea to pool our views on which bank accounts are usefull in the UK. With Paypal culling accounts left right and center for no reason whatsoever what is needed is a bank with which you can easily open and close accounts (which need to accept direct debit so that you can withdraw funds now that you will have to accept PP on every auction). It is all well and good going up and down the high street opening new accounts but there is a limit to how often you can do that. Not to mention the impact it has on your credit rating.

Many banks offer direct saver accounts which are easy to open but don't accept DD.

Has anybody found a bank that offers a solution as this is proving a big problem.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-03-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to regal

The easiest solution for bank accounts is to use an online bank. There easy to set up and from what i remember require hardly any id, except you must have a current bank account for verfication purposes.
Old 04-03-2008
Threadstarter  

Can you reccomend any specifically. I have tried RBS and HSBC and some others. You can open an account and then open saver accounts instantly with no further credit check - but they don't accept DD, and with HSBC once I had opened a few they closed them all down and flagged suspicious account activity!
Old 04-04-2008

Longevity: 93%

At the moment the banks are reviewing their account opening processes due to the 'credit crunch' furthermore each time you open up a bank / credit account your credit rating takes a hit and so does your ability to open up other accounts ie Sky, HP loans, internet etc etc.

Sooner or later you are also hit with fraudulent account status, even though not fraudulent, due to the high amount of open accounts. Once you are flagged as this getting any new account whether it be for hp or banking will be near impossible, even if you have a good credit status.

Just be careful as sooner or later Poopal will win the battle, if you are one of those that are regularly suspended as you won't be able to get anymore bank accounts. Then you'll have to take it on the chin that crapbay is a no go area and just use the other auction sites or become a serious fraudster.
Old 04-11-2008

Alternatively, find a family member to open up a genuine paypal for, and use it yourself.
Then avoid getting suspended on ebay!
Old 04-15-2008

Longevity: 95%

Hello

Just reading through this thread and wondered if for the UK if www.smile.co.uk internet banking would be a good one to use for paypal?
Old 04-23-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%
Question i got a new banke account opened by my dad for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Alternatively, find a family member to open up a genuine paypal for, and use it yourself.
Then avoid getting suspended on ebay!
im wondering now i have some old ebay accounts i opened a year ago never been touched but they were on my computer that has had 4 accounts suspended so does anyone kknow the best route to go now shall i open a fresh new ebay account and paypal account with these details or addthe new bank details tto open a paypal account and then link it to one of the old accounts ? just worried about the ip address?
Old 04-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Exclamation Not Really

sella123, Have your done your late nite reading yet? Your first post asked the same question. What you want to do will muck up everything, I am sorry to say. This is the solution; eBay Stealth - Suspended eBay and Paypal Account Guide

Buy the book. Read it as it has the complete way to create accounts. Your accounts from last year can be kept: DO NOT TOUCH THEM until you understand why. Good Luck.
Old 06-12-2008

Does anybody have any info on what the best bank account is to use for ppal?

I use savings account with lloyds but i always get the email a few days later saying mandate returned, so cant use pal for long before its limited or unuseable for withdrawls, anyone any ideas?

I also have really bad credit rating so its not that easy for me to open new bank accounts nowadays:(
Old 06-12-2008

Medway, apparently with RBS you can open up 1 account, and open sub accounts in that account, saves going to new banks.
Old 06-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by medway30 View Post
Does anybody have any info on what the best bank account is to use for ppal?

I use savings account with lloyds but i always get the email a few days later saying mandate returned, so cant use pal for long before its limited or unuseable for withdrawls, anyone any ideas?

I also have really bad credit rating so its not that easy for me to open new bank accounts nowadays:(
If you have a poor credit rating then open up a Flex current account with Nationwide. They DO NOT credit check you and they only ask that you confirm that you have not been convicted of any fraudulent activity. You then have to provide your documents and your good to go.

I am unsure how easy it is to create sub accounts with them but you will be able to use this account to verify your paypal account as it accepts Direct Debit.
Old 06-18-2008

OK i have halifax current and i opened up 2 web savers, i verified by paypal with them, i think thats all you can do with halifax saver as there's no dd apprently.

Anyway along with that i got a Barclays saver which supports dd as im a barclays current account holder, if you have online banking these are instant Dont go mad!
Old 06-19-2008

Ok cool thanks for the tips ill try RBS and see hw it goes
Old 06-20-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2414 View Post
OK i have halifax current and i opened up 2 web savers, i verified by paypal with them, i think thats all you can do with halifax saver as there's no dd apprently.
You can verify paypal with Halifax savers as already mentioned, but you will get the mandate email within a week, as obviously Halifax Savers do not accept Direct Debit. So Halifax isnt a good bank to use
Old 06-20-2008

Matt, you are dull man
Quote:
i think thats all you can do with halifax saver as there's no dd apprently.
Then go on to read i opened BARCLAYS Savings which work you numpty, read carefully or dont comment!
Old 07-03-2008

I dont know if I will be able to open a barclays account cos of bad credit, so what does anyone reccommend?
Should I use a savers account?
Will it muck up my pal verification once mandate is returned?
How can I get round this?
Cheers in advance
Old 07-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Have you tried RBS yet? That allows DD and works fine for paypal. Any problems ring the customer service and ask for information.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-03-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-03-2008

Im waiting to hear back from them, have sent of id etc, does their online savers accounts accept dd? As god knows how long the main rbs account will last for b4 pal limit moi
Old 07-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

The savings accounts do not accept DD. This is where there have been problems. RBS should let you open a current account and then you go from there.
Old 07-03-2008

So the only hope then is to open a barclays account for their savers then, I guess I will have to give that a go
Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 91%

once you get the email what happens? i used a halifax websaver and im waiting on the email
Old 07-07-2008

Longevity: 91%

hmm think i may have a problem here. Verified 3 new paypal accounts with 3 savers from natwest, hsbc and halifax....