Limited because of listing a purse - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 72%
Default Limited because of listing a purse

HI,
I have had my paypal account limited due to listing a purse on ebay they they suspected it to be ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but i have the receipt as proof but they didnt care less... Si i lost my paypal and ebay...

So i decided to open a new account in my mums name and use her bank as she said this was ok... But i had it for about a year and they have now limited me again but to be honest i dont understand what for... They say they cant tell me why.....

So i helped my boyfriend set up paypal to his bank but what i done was use set the postal address to my house so im unsure if this is what got him to limited too.. Also we used this account for my old ebay...

Im really confused as to either i can try for ebay again but i feel im running out of options...

I have ordered a prepaid credit card as i have been advised to do but i dont know what to do about my address. I need thing delivered to my home address so putting a random address concorns me...

Can anyone please help or have you had the same problems...

I would really appraite your help... Paypal and ebay are stupid i have done northing wrong yet they dont want me to be apart of them. They have treated me like a criminal... I had 100% feedback....

PLZ ADVISE ME.... Thank you:D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2011

Yes its an all too common situation.
From experience of myself and others, the limiting is often near-random and in alot of cases, it doesn't matter how you respond, their decision to perma-ban or re-enable your account is just a roll of the dice.

The reason you were most likely blocked a few of the times is because certain details matched the new accounts with your old ones. This can be anything from your I.P address, internet cookies, mailing address, names etc etc.
You have to be extra sneaky in getting around it.

If you need to get around the mailing address issue, there are a few options.

Option 1: Use someone elses mailing address, ideally not on any of the streets of the mailing addresses you've already used on paypal/ebay.

Option 2: Open a P.O BOX.
If you want your packages sent to you rather than picking them up, your local mail delivery (for a small free) will redirect them to any address you want.
Only problem is that P.O boxes can be expensive in the U.K.
I believe its £100 for 6 months.

Option 3 (unconfirmed as yet, but I am going to try it) :
Alter your address.
For example:
If your address is
Bernard road
Sheffield
S9 1EP

change it to:
Room 1, lower floor
Building 4 4
BBernard rd
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S9- 1 E P
(See how I also misspelled the street name aswell, but only slightly so that the postoffice can still work out the address as it just looks like an accidental typo)

I suspect this will work as you can open new accounts by just a minor change to your name (such as Jhames instead of James, or Katherine instead of catherine etc etc) so it may also apply to locations.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by hungry_cats; 11-27-2011 at 09:44 AM.
Old 11-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

actully hungry cats I do not like that second address, it is not a real zip, plus the gaps wont work inputted.....
Old 11-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

the new trend to use another person's name = failure.

Preferable to NEVER use another person's name to get back to ebay.

Address method as outlined on option 2 does not work. Even the glorious Royal Mail can not deliver. How do I know? Tried it and it came back from the Dead Letter Office.
Old 11-27-2011
Executive [VIP]

to mis-spell street name is irrelevant, and it must match zip in any case.

their bots spot door number and zip is same as banished one...so work a solution out with that information in your mind OP..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-27-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2011

Longevity: 78%
Send a message via MSN to GTB Send a message via Yahoo to GTB

claire

ebay stealth guide would be a great start

get a plan together and post on forum so we can check it over and make sure you got solid foundations

i know this does not help with your current situation but most definitely will for your future situation
Old 11-27-2011

Well as a response to some of my comment.

I have just verified from a family member who has a P.OBOX for his company that he does indeed get packages.
To be fair it may depend on the location, I've come across some detail online for people asking the same (google search) and I also said that mail can be redirected from one address to another for a small monthly fee (around £3-8 I believe) I imagine this can all apply, so rather than taking words for it on here (if you're going to use this particular option) best to go and ask directly.

Secondly I have just added my altered mailing address as a second one (the main one being a pretend P.O address thats been up for 7 days and no issues so far) that looks like this: (not real address ofcourse)

1st line: Room 1 (upper floor) building thirty three, SStockport rd
2nd line: Barnsley, S-Yorkshire
Postcode: S-91eP

so lets see how things go.

Edit: No immediate issues, just logged in to paypal again, has accepted the address and everything is working out so far.
It was said above that the paypal bots look out for the number and address, etc etc..well theres a chance that the bot would pick up the 'room 1' and read it as 'house 1 - stockport road'.
Just have to wait and see.

Last edited by hungry_cats; 11-27-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-28-2011
Executive [VIP]

HC, just cos you added it somehow does not mean others should copy you.

bots are one thing, and still do not see how you inputted address with gaps, maybe I did not understand how you did it right.

Think about if along the line they may see your address and the work you put in will be called in to question over wrong address eg what address will be on any proof of address, you are asked to fax.

It is messy solution.