Account Limited - Help Required On Supplier Contact Info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 01-17-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Account Limited - Help Required On Supplier Contact Info

Hi

I would really really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction here. If anyone has specific experience on what the best move is, please advise. I know the chances are the account will be closed but want to give myself the best chance.

PayPal have recently limited my business account. Now all my information on there is real.

WHAT WE SELL - We have a one-off fee membership site. All the information we give is available for free. What the customer is paying for is 24/7 support. In effect, it's a digital product/service.

About 10% of buyers open a dispute though.

LIMITATION

14 Jan 2012: For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some more information about some of your recent sales.

STUMBLING BLOCK

I can provide all the information, apart from "Supplier Contact Info"

WHAT TO DO NEXT?

It's obviously a digital service or product. However, have no idea what Supplier Contact Info to provide.

I have a feeling that being honest here may lead to a ban. This would mean saying that we are not reselling anything, just providing free information with support.

THE OTHER TWO OPTIONS

OPTION 1
Provide the name and details of a company which sells a similar sort of service, and say they are our providers (no invoice could be produced)

and hope that Paypal won't look too much into what we do!

OPTION 2
Or the other option is to provide details of another business company (partly owned by me) that does the same stuff. Can get a proper website up in 2 days that reflects what my website sells.

If they ever rang, they would talk to me.

This way, I could also creative invoices between the two companies if required.

I know this is a VERY difficult situation to get out of. And frankly, don't think my chances are very high. But which option would give the best chance in the given circumstances?

Or if anyone has any other alternative ideas, please help.

P.S - I've purchased the Stealth Book, but I really want to keep this account open as it has been around for years, and I use it to pay clients and take money in from other businesses than just this.

Many thanks For any help

Slickk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2012

Longevity: 80%

In your position, I'd be inclined to phone them and explain exactly what you have said here.

You know your chances aren't very high of restoring the account, but normally, I have found talking to them helps!

Good luck.
Old 01-17-2012

I just had this happen to me, I am not a digital service though, I sent in all the information and they verified my Supplier information, problem was that he works out of his house and buys closeout items and resells them to me, Paypal didnt like that and denied my Appeal. I called them and explained what he did and they reopened the case. I havent heard back from them yet but my fingers are crossed.

So I am saying to be careful about your supplier information if you are going to send any, cross all the T's and dot all the I's
Old 01-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Just because Paypal is giving you the option to appeal it, it does not mean they will necessarily consider it even if you do fax in all the required docs. Judging on the category of good you're selling, forget it and move onto a new stealth account.
Old 01-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Phoning them gives you a bigger chance of re-instatement. It is much easier to deny in email.
Old 01-18-2012
Threadstarter  

Thanks everyone - really appreciate the advice.

So the overall consensus seems to be to ring them up and be honest about what we sell.

Am I best asking to speak to a supervisor?

Would welcome anyone else's opinion too, if they have been in a similar situation! :-)
Old 01-18-2012

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickk View Post
Thanks everyone - really appreciate the advice.

So the overall consensus seems to be to ring them up and be honest about what we sell.

Am I best asking to speak to a supervisor?

Would welcome anyone else's opinion too, if they have been in a similar situation! :-)

Good luck with that.

Option 2, now your talking.

Let us know how you get on.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 01-19-2012
Threadstarter  

Hmm...still not sure what the best move is...

Anyone else want to share their experience? Particularly those who sell digital products?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Folks that want to reply have. The digital sellers keep strum

Been stated pretty well too.

It's a gamble for you.
Old 01-19-2012

Longevity: 90%

I havent got a clue what this guy is on about, what is a digital product / seller? I didnt know you could sell stuff like that on ebay, whatever it is..!
Old 02-01-2012

How did you get on?

A few months back I had to supply all of the info and had a problem with the supplier section, they don't seem to think of all of the options. We were selling artwork made by ourselves so there is no supplier of the products we were selling. I provided invoices and details of the suppliers we used for the materials to make the products but they didn't seem to think that was good enough and suspended the account.

After a lot of pleading on the phone, and trying to get them to understand there is no supplier they finally gave in and reinstated the account.

Same has happened again now though and I don't hold much faith of it being reinstated this time.
Old 02-01-2012

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
I havent got a clue what this guy is on about, what is a digital product / seller? I didnt know you could sell stuff like that on ebay, whatever it is..!
eBay do not allow digital products sold on their own. Say, for example a digital software key. Some people may get a few of these sold here and there, but in the end they shut down the eBay account and the PP with it too.

Not a good way to make long term money in my opinion...
Old 02-01-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

you can sell them, but you must know the risks. Depends what they are and what quantities and if/when they are brought to their attention, creative listing may also be required.

but once it is at their attention, doubt you will get account back, due to their policies.