Paypal Annual Selling Limit Reached - ID Request...! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-14-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Paypal Annual Selling Limit Reached - ID Request...!

Well folks, its happened to me again, my current stealth account has reached the magic £1650 limit in Paypal so I've been asked to confirm my personal details, which were rejected when I tried to do it on the website, so now they're asking me to fax / upload copy of driving license / passport / utility bill. I'm virtually up to my receiving limit, well within the last £50 of it, and I've got current auctions which will sell for over £200 in the next week.

What can I do? I can try asking people to pay me by bank transfer, but some people are so brainwashed by Paypal that they wont pay by any other method now.

I'm going to upload copies of my driving license and water bill, but does anyone have any idea of how long they take to process this? Is it likely to last weeks? Cos if it is then I'm gonna have to curtail my ebay selling until they've verified my ID, which I'm praying will be successful..! Anyway any advice is gratefully received, I know this has been discussed on here hundreds of times before, and I know I've discussed the same thing on here too, but that was sometime last year, and I dont know if anything about the process has changed that I might need to beware of.

many thanks

Johnny

Last edited by johnnyleeds; 05-14-2012 at 01:38 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

You'll be waiting anything from a couple if days to a few weeks depending on how busy they are.

I've had a few lucky ones where they have been done in a matter of hours. When this happened I uploaded late in the evening and theyd been approved by the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Callidus (05-18-2012)
Old 05-14-2012

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Well folks, its happened to me again, my current stealth account has reached the magic £1650 limit in Paypal so I've been asked to confirm my personal details, which were rejected when I tried to do it on the website, so now they're asking me to fax / upload copy of driving license / passport / utility bill. I'm virtually up to my receiving limit, well within the last £50 of it, and I've got current auctions which will sell for over £200 in the next week.

What can I do? I can try asking people to pay me by bank transfer, but some people are so brainwashed by Paypal that they wont pay by any other method now.

I'm going to upload copies of my driving license and water bill, but does anyone have any idea of how long they take to process this? Is it likely to last weeks? Cos if it is then I'm gonna have to curtail my ebay selling until they've verified my ID, which I'm praying will be successful..! Anyway any advice is gratefully received, I know this has been discussed on here hundreds of times before, and I know I've discussed the same thing on here too, but that was sometime last year, and I dont know if anything about the process has changed that I might need to beware of.

many thanks

Johnny
Hi Johnny..I had similar a few months back and i sent the items in over the weekend and they went through on the Monday afterwards, i did however phone them to make sure they got them as i didn't hear anything back over the weekend..so i suppose 1-4 days would be the norm..hope that helps..
Old 05-15-2012
Threadstarter  

FFS! Pardon my language, but I really hope its not going to be several weeks...! I uploaded them the ID docs they requested, I'm just hoping they deal with it ASAP and I dont have to start phoning them.

Funnily enough over all the years I've been selling on ebay and using paypal I've never actually spoken to a person on the phone from either organisation despite the hell they've put me through, I bet Paypal UK's call-centre (if there is one) is like one desk with one person who works part-time.

There seems to be no set time they take to get anything done, every process seems to occur totally at random, for example, the so-called 'fast transfers' to my bank account that I have to pay £5 for can still take 3 working days, yet sometimes it can be less than 12 hours !! - whats that all about? When a UK buyer says they will pay me by bank transfer the money goes into my account instantly - even on a Sunday!
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

Well it seems like the chatter on this forum has died a death judging by the lack of replies.

Anyway, WOO-HOO! Today I got the email from Paypal to say they'd 'returned my account to regular standing' after they confirmed the ID documents I uploaded the other day, so it didnt take too long after all thank god.

See you later folks!
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

How many replies were you looking for that said "a few days to a few weeks"???
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

I dont know ebayorbust, i was just thinking there would have been a couple of replies, does it seem to be getting quieter on here at all? I know I tend to only poke my head in when something is going wrong, which is probably typical of a lot of people.
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

We are actively practising discretion
Old 05-16-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nice work JohnnyLeeds - for the future, if you don't see replies on a dicey subject, you would be wise to pm a moderator.
Old 05-16-2012
Threadstarter  

oh, i see, well its hard to know what constitutes a 'dicey subject' on here anymore. Another thing I'm puzzled about is that even though I've jumped through all the Paypal verification hoops and I now have no receiving limits on the 'Lift Receiving Limits' webpage it is still asking me to 'Set up bank funding'....?

What is that all about? I thought I'd already done this at the beginning - you know when they do that thing where they deposit 2 small amounts to make up a PIN code that you enter? Or is it something different / potentially hazardous to me? Sorry for all the questions!