eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   paypal withdrawal security issues (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/49634-paypal-withdrawal-security-issues.html)

they_screwed_me_too 08-12-2012 12:34 PM

paypal withdrawal security issues

ive NEVER seen this before

Your withdrawal request status

For security reasons, we've had to delay your withdrawal request while we review it.

Your withdrawal request will be under review for up to 21 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

can anyone shed any light ?

meVebay 08-12-2012 12:41 PM

This is their workaround the faster payments system then is it!

they_screwed_me_too 08-12-2012 12:45 PM

im not sure

ive just called them and they say "it is a security measure to check if the details of your bank account is correct, the withdrawal is pending and as soon as we have reviewed verified the details the transfer will be completed"

empty heads !!!!

Elijah 08-13-2012 07:44 AM

LOL, I got the same on a limited account today and was surprised when I saw the message, so Googled it and found this thread. It was on an account where they were holding reserve funds, and they emailed me to tell me some of the funds were eligible for withdrawal. Turns out it was BS and it completed as soon as I hit the button.

I did a withdrawal yesterday on another account (one that still doesn't have the "2 hour" withdrawals) and never got this. It just told me that it would be completed in the usual 2-3 days.

cortex 08-13-2012 03:39 PM

^Elijah what happened on one of your accounts where ppal uploaded money from it? remember we both had the same issue on the same day.

PS sorry to hijack thread :-/ x

biggunn 08-13-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 367333)
ive NEVER seen this before

For security reasons, we've had to delay your withdrawal request while we review it.

Your withdrawal request will be under review for up to 21 hours. After our review is complete, PayPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

can anyone shed any light ?

Was this a first time withdrawal?

What ended up happening here? Let us know.

prudence 08-13-2012 08:36 PM

was this a new account? was the verification to verify small deposits or username and password?

might be perhaps you used a username/password verifications and paypal never had a chance to make small deposits and debits and had to make sure?

they_screwed_me_too 08-14-2012 07:03 AM

no it is an account thats around 2 months old around 20 feedback and no issues at all

ive not got to that account today yet but i will post the developments

ive got a feeling i now know why :smash:

Stigger 08-14-2012 07:24 AM

i have had this happen, my withdraw still went through.

PP had the money in limbo for a couple of day's.

maybe just another intrest trick.

lockhart 08-14-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by they_screwed_me_too (Post 367808)
no it is an account thats around 2 months old around 20 feedback and no issues at all

ive not got to that account today yet but i will post the developments

ive got a feeling i now know why :smash:

just had this happen today and slightly worried about it since this is also my first time seeing it. please let us know how things are going for you. has the withdrawal status changed to complete?

proownuevo 08-14-2012 01:28 PM

New Paypal Withdrawal Message

Your withdrawal request will be under review for up to 21 hours. After our review is complete, PPal will release your funds. It can take an additional 2 hours for those funds to be deposited into your bank account.

Anyone know why I get this message now when withdrawing?

they_screwed_me_too 08-14-2012 01:39 PM

as tizwoz said

it went through fine but took a little longer

incidentally the withdrawal contained mainly funds from an ebay buyer protection case that i had supplied tracking info for and they released the funds, which i withdrew shortly afterwards

can either of you guys share if this may apply to their situation too as it may shed some light on it

lockhart 08-14-2012 01:48 PM

when did it change to complete? just today?
mine is normal funds from ebay sale...

they_screwed_me_too 08-14-2012 01:51 PM

showed as completed last night

hit the bank today

thank you

lockhart 08-14-2012 02:02 PM

base from your post date, it took less than 2 days?
is this faster payments?

they_screwed_me_too 08-14-2012 02:11 PM

no just regular old snail withdrawals

they always seem to complete in 2 days on that pp/bank combination

if i do it right

oskitoski 08-14-2012 07:00 PM

I got same message too today i withdraw money everyday my account is not stealth and its about 4 years old business account and all my withdrawals was taking 2-3 days to come and was saying completed 5 mins after withdrawing %90 of the time but for some reason tonight 3 hours later still pending and also received the email as proownuevo stated... So help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

waterproof 08-14-2012 08:46 PM

Wow! I have never heard of that one! Did you try to transfer a large sum of $ thinking/hopeing it would all go through?
Just goes to show that they can and will do anything they want, no matter how strange.

waterproof =}-

Stigger 08-15-2012 04:55 AM

I Wonder how many will actually fail.

proownuevo 08-15-2012 05:15 AM

Heres some more info

My account is over a year old and have never had any problems. All my ratings are good on ebay with 100% feedback. Im an awesome seller :p

Withdrawals usually take 2-3 days, and say completed after around 2 hours.

Since I received that message it is still saying pending and I haven't received any other related emails. The withdrawal was under 200 squid.

My guess would be that its a way around the 2 hour transfer, so they can build a little more interest on the millions of people trying to withdraw.

Il post when/if it completes.

whiteberry 08-15-2012 06:48 AM

Hi - I have also just had this message today. My paypal account normally takes a day to go from pending to complete anyway..so maybe this is the start of the 2 hour withdrawls? Let's hope :spy:

Whiteberry

proownuevo 08-15-2012 09:06 AM

I received another email and the only difference is.

The first message said "we are reviewing this withdrawal"
The second message says "your withdrawal will take up to 2 hours, depending on my bank".

Also says completed now.