eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Problem (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/55964-paypal-problem.html)

3rdRockFromTheSun 01-28-2013 01:43 PM

Paypal Problem

I'm having this problem with several of my stealth accounts, paypal has removed my bank details, when I try to re-add them, I get this msg "We're sorry, but we weren't able to confirm your identity and can't let you add a bank account at this time.".

bruceuk 01-28-2013 01:46 PM

Not much info here ?
Bank acct and type used ?
Have the accs allready been confirmed ?

3rdRockFromTheSun 01-28-2013 02:13 PM

They're BARCLAYS Everyday Savers and yes all the accounts have been confirmed and are verified and I have used them for listing and receiving payments etc.

bruceuk 01-28-2013 02:24 PM

Savers are generally the problem as they dont accept the paypal direct debit .
Basic accounts is the way forward .
And dont open to many with the same bank , my max is 3 .
Any more than this and i cant help thinking they are wondering WHY?

Stigger 01-31-2013 05:43 AM

yup as above, saver do work if done correctly but there sort of an emergency backup, not reccomended as the first port of call.

Mack the Knife 02-05-2013 12:21 AM

Halifax Everyday Saver accepts DDs. Just had a look at the Barclays Everyday Saver. I think they might accept DDs as well.

I opened this thread, same problem:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-payp...pal-error.html

I wonder if PP are doing identity checks?? This makes stealth a problem.

In my case, after creating a new PP account, I leave it for like a week or so, only confirming e-mail and putting in security questions. After a week, I went to add bank accounts. My usual is one basic account and one saver, irrespective of old or new deposit method. Saver to get account verified, then basic account (which I don't verify but PP account is already verified due to saver) as the main one.

Am unable to add 2nd bank account. This is when I get this "identity" error, as mentioned by the OP.

Anyway, fyi.

sax4 02-05-2013 04:53 AM

Mack why do you add two accounts?

I had three Barclays savers accounts, no probs.

Mack the Knife 02-05-2013 05:18 AM

What I do is.....
I add my Halifax Saver first. Use it to verify. Once verified, I remove the Saver. I then add the basic account (Easycash). I don't verify the basic account, so there is no valid DD mandate, which is how I want it. But the PP account is verified. I use the basic account for withdrawal.

Sax, Barclays Everyday Savers, they also accept DD? I think "everyday" savers accept DD.

sax4 02-05-2013 08:39 AM

I've never fully understood this method, perhaps you can make the penny drop for me. I understand why you don't want the DD, so that pp can't claw away at your money. But isn't using two bank accounts on one PP account a bit wasteful?, I mean you can only use an easycash account once, or maybe you have multiple easycash accounts?

Yes every day savers work with DD

Stigger 02-05-2013 09:46 AM

waste of a bnk account if you ask me , either way you do it.

You can add basic account accept dd no problem to verify and remove and readd when needed, like i have mentioned before and it will be veryifed without DD attached

Same with savers.

You can add SAVERS account accept dd no problem to verify and remove and readd when needed, like i have mentioned before and your PP will be veryifed without DD attached

you can withdraw to either.

Your adding a second bank account for NO Reason but to waste a good bnk account.

Like i have said before, Many savers accept DD as standard, its down to how you want the pp account that matters.

OP.....Just so you know, when you run an account like you mentioned (removed DD), you flag the account, f you go into profile and my money you can see a NICE BIG RED FLAG.

better to avoid them if you can

Mack the Knife 02-05-2013 10:37 AM

Sax,

The original idea behind this method is with the old 2-deposit method, a DD mandate is effected, i.e. your bank will get a DD request from PP and you can see this if you check online. If you use a savings account which does not accept DDs, this will 'bounce'. PP will eventually get this. So, once you see the 2 deposits show up, you verify your PP account and remove it.

moneyhustler88 02-05-2013 11:02 AM

tbf id never add 2 banks to 1 paypal..what if it fails or gets limited?

Mack the Knife 02-05-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 417801)
waste of a bnk account if you ask me , either way you do it.

You can add basic account accept dd no problem to verify and remove and readd when needed, like i have mentioned before and it will be veryifed without DD attached

Same with savers.

You can add SAVERS account accept dd no problem to verify and remove and readd when needed, like i have mentioned before and your PP will be veryifed without DD attached

you can withdraw to either.

Your adding a second bank account for NO Reason but to waste a good bnk account.

Like i have said before, Many savers accept DD as standard, its down to how you want the pp account that matters.

OP.....Just so you know, when you run an account like you mentioned (removed DD), you flag the account, f you go into profile and my money you can see a NICE BIG RED FLAG.

better to avoid them if you can

1. The OP wrote something very different.

2. This post contradicts your earlier one.

3. So, you're suggesting that it's better to re-add the bank account when you want to, say, make a withdrawal? That's it's better to have the "NICE BIG RED FLAG" come on and off intermittently? LOL!

Stigger 02-12-2013 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack the Knife (Post 417931)
1. The OP wrote something very different.

2. This post contradicts your earlier one.

3. So, you're suggesting that it's better to re-add the bank account when you want to, say, make a withdrawal? That's it's better to have the "NICE BIG RED FLAG" come on and off intermittently? LOL!

i was talking to you not the OP.

nope thats not what im saying, maybe you misunderstood my posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TizWoz (Post 416287)
yup as above, saver do work if done correctly but there sort of an emergency backup, not reccomended as the first port of call.

^^^^^^^ first post, i quite clearly state^^^^^^

>>>Emergency back up.....Not reccomended as first port of call<<<

maybe i was not clear in the second post also.

what i was saying is..... you can add a current account or basic and accept the DD mandate, Remove the mandate and your bank account will be removed from PP or your PP flagged in most cases.

same with savers accounts, even the one's where the bank says they accept dd's mostly get removed if you just leave them and accept dd mandate, Not all but mostly.

Same if you doing what your doing.

SO what im saying is , your wasting a bank account becuase your adding two and still getting flagged.

the only consistent way i have found to add a savers and and keep it attached is to, add it, remove dd once amount entered, dont add it untill you withdraw the first time, never said anything about it been the best way although it is the best way to add a savers.

i have a savers attached like this since 2008 and takes thousands a month, its never been a problem but like i say in my second post better to avoid if you can.

when this method was originally posted some time ago, it was as a workaround and still works if done correctly but Not reccomended as first post of call.

it was a workaround because alot of people at the time was having trouble getting current and basic accounts, so a savers that worked all be it flagged was better than no account at all.

why do i get the felling im repeating myself arrrrrgh...

Ps : If you can't read this i advise you use a spell checker :)