eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   UK paypal phone verification (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/5957-uk-paypal-phone-verification.html)

bertie 03-31-2008 11:22 AM

UK paypal phone verification

rented a voip phone number a few days ago, to match my fasle address
everything went ok to verifly number , but today received email from paypal to say the number does not match they records for the address, and they want me to send in a copy of my phone bill to verifly my address
so a bit stuck at the moment, help needed !!!
bertie

simplyjimbo 03-31-2008 12:11 PM

HI Bertie

did you get my PM. Have you tried the link and found out the info I mentioned.

bertie 03-31-2008 03:47 PM

paypal voip number

jim,
yes l did thanks and tried it with other numbers and got ther same reply tom all

This telephone number is most likely a United Kingdom number. Specific information on this number range is not available. This might mean that this particular telephone number does not exist. Should this be incorrect, be sure to notify us.

Jonas 04-03-2008 03:45 AM

Cell phones have different ranges than landlines. VoiP and other numbers not from the local landline phone co are like this. I think it means that the number is not landline.

yeff 04-04-2008 02:36 AM

Hi, had PP acount limited until confirmed address with the phone number, so added works phone number and after entering code it said that after checking available databases that the phone number did not match address.
So they are now sending a letter to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address, does this now mean that you can not use a false address to confirm your PP account as they now check your phone number against the address?

Jonas 04-04-2008 03:12 AM

yeff you could rent a mailbox that looks like it's not a PO Box. I don't know what's in the UK.

Or CCNOW will work if they can mail you checks.

simplyjimbo 04-04-2008 04:51 AM

yeff

Was your work number a DDI or extension number or was it the main telephone number for the company?

The thing with paypal they have a few databases to refer to and one in particular will prove whether your number is registered or not. I won't go in to detail as a few things are being worked on by myself and don't want ****pal to suss them out, thats if they haven't already.

PM me or let me know if the number you used was a main co number or DDI (direct dial, as used in offices)

Jonas, The mailbox scenario will not work, unless my new theory works then it should, as you will need a telephone number registered to it.

mattcafc 04-04-2008 10:36 AM

Paypal can see if your landline belongs to your ACTUAL ADDRESS. Its not a regional thing, or a postcode thing but a street thing.

I have used numbers less than 300 yards from the address on paypal but they still know it doesnt match up. I have used work numbers in the same post code and they know its not the same address, and I have used VOIP many times before, but now they know its not the same address.

Its nothing to do with the extension (0208 for Inner London for example) they numbers are listed to specific addresses.

Just find somewhere you have access to their phone, work for example, and put their real address in and accept the phone call when you are at work

simplyjimbo 04-04-2008 02:17 PM

I agree with you. Paypal consults a known business database to verify the match of telephone numbers against addresses.

But DDI numbers will not work it has to be the main telephone number, although DDI numbers are a valid number that a person dials to get straight through to you they are not registered on the database and certainly are not an extension like where you speak to an operator and ask to be transferred to x number.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcafc (Post 34937)
Paypal can see if your landline belongs to your ACTUAL ADDRESS.
Just find somewhere you have access to their phone, work for example, and put their real address in and accept the phone call when you are at work

Jonas 04-05-2008 06:54 AM

Is paypal matching them based on the phone company's internal private records? Or are they just seeing published numbers and if your number is unpublished them they wouldn't see it?

simplyjimbo 04-05-2008 12:22 PM

Their own internal records wouldn't have every live phone number as they have got that many customers.

They are using a database that has been licensed from an external company that does have every landline telephone number whether ex-directory or not. It is regularly updated as new numbers arrive or disconnect, but certain tel numbers like voip & mobile will not appear on it, well not in the way landlines do.

Its telecom thing, I won't shout in public about

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonas (Post 35104)
Is paypal matching them based on the phone company's internal private records? Or are they just seeing published numbers and if your number is unpublished them they wouldn't see it?

lucy 04-13-2008 06:23 AM

Impossible to verify paypal a/c with telephone

I'm finding it impossible to verify paypal via telephone verification, its not taking voip, says it not valid to the address, is there a way around this at all

mantisinc 04-13-2008 11:00 AM

Lucy, this has already been discussed I believe. There has been a way around, but you'll have to PM someone for the solution I believe.

lucy 04-13-2008 01:33 PM

I faxed in my docs to ebay a few days ago, so waiting now. You said voip doesn't work anymore in your post
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su...account-6.html

Its a big pain in the arse for me when i manage to open a paypal a/c and try to get it verified, its not going to open with voip as you said yourself, i think i've just about had enough, 'i still don't know how to get it done, its a dead horse

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantisinc (Post 35652)
Lucy, this has already been discussed I believe. There has been a way around, but you'll have to PM someone for the solution I believe.

divine422 04-14-2008 10:25 AM

i dont know you have heard about voicemailtel.com. I find it pretty useful for verifing my phone numbers they supply telephone numbers to countrys from all over the world basically you route the number to any phone and it works. I routed a local toronto number to my cell phone and it verified. Hope this works. They had a one month free special, im not sure if that ended as yet. Good luck.

lucy 04-15-2008 01:15 AM

Modee its Ebay, I was suspended and they won't let me back on, despite faxing the correct papers

lucy 04-15-2008 01:17 AM

I'm in the UK and would need a local area code for my town, don't think voicetel does that

Quote:

Originally Posted by divine422 (Post 35788)
i dont know you have heard about voicemailtel.com. I find it pretty useful for verifing my phone numbers they supply telephone numbers to countrys from all over the world basically you route the number to any phone and it works. I routed a local toronto number to my cell phone and it verified. Hope this works. They had a one month free special, im not sure if that ended as yet. Good luck.

digitaliz 04-16-2008 01:58 PM

UK paypal phone verification

Can someone please tell me how I can verify my paypal account without a landline number, as it seems paypal have cottoned onto voip numbers and I really don't want to mess this account up as I have completed all the other steps, someone please PM me, if the info is too sensitive for a public forum.

thelizardking 04-16-2008 05:56 PM

I use cheap trac phones now from the dollar store

scouse12345 04-18-2008 07:36 AM

I suspect the User is from the Uk Lizard... a flag up would help.. but have noticed more and more posts re: Voip being a problem..

mantisinc 04-18-2008 12:20 PM

Yea, VOIP appears to be out of the window now.
Landline phone numbers it is.

lywql 04-18-2008 12:29 PM

I hate UK Ebay