Proven method for opening up a new UK sellers account - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Thanks for the prompt response, I did already spend alot of time reading other threads. I'll try again but there are just so... many threads. My guess is that e-bay are checking details of newly registered seller to make sure the contact info is correct. I am also guessing they do this by ringing the telephone number given. I used the VOIP which I notice you say is now down the pan. Can I ask why this is down the pan? Could you at least point me in the direction of the thread that will answer my question. Much appreciated.

Thank you.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2008

Longevity: 92%

Just answer his questions instead of saying to go read some threads.

I would like to know too. Been reading topics in this forum and it hasn't been addressed to my knowledge. And besides what is the latest news, we still want to know.

The questions need to be coming up over and again or else the information stored in previous topics is going out of date.
Old 05-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Thanks for the prompt response, I did already spend alot of time reading other threads. I'll try again but there are just so... many threads. My guess is that e-bay are checking details of newly registered seller to make sure the contact info is correct. I am also guessing they do this by ringing the telephone number given. I used the VOIP which I notice you say is now down the pan. Can I ask why this is down the pan? Could you at least point me in the direction of the thread that will answer my question. Much appreciated.

Thank you.
As I understand VOIP doesn't work as described in a few recent posts. So I haven't personally bothered to try it.

How come it worked for you then?
Old 05-02-2008

I set up some e-bay accounts yesterday and they didn't request telephone verification just CC and bank details. When I set up some e-bay accounts maybe a week or so ago they did request telephone verification and I used the VOIP (voipfone) and this worked fine. I'm not sure what the problem is supposed to be with this but perhaps you could tell me, maybe this is the problem?

I did notice an e-bay account that I set up then tried selling which was telephone verified via the VOIP had an incoming call on the VOIP. I answered using there software but nobody answered so I assumed this was a wrong number. When I went to check later the e-bay account I had setup that I put just a few listing on it had been suspended. This also leads me to believe e-bay had called the number to see if it was genuine. So if this is what they are doing why is it I used the VOIP to complete the telephone verification but it didn't pass for them calling later (if it was them)?
Old 05-02-2008

Phone verification is definitely needed to set up a seller account.

Email them to ask them why they suspended your account. You could hopefully get some information back and let us know.

If you used any aspect of your details which were on previously suspended accounts of yours, that could have flagged your account in the system. Then I believe a human being scours flagged accounts and suspends them.
Old 05-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
Phone verification is definitely needed to set up a seller account.

Email them to ask them why they suspended your account. You could hopefully get some information back and let us know.

If you used any aspect of your details which were on previously suspended accounts of yours, that could have flagged your account in the system. Then I believe a human being scours flagged accounts and suspends them.
I set up 3 accounts and specifically set them up as seller accounts and they didn't require Phone verification which they had done for accounts I set up prevouisly. I don't know if this is a random thing by e-bay or they change the requirements. Either way it seems as soon as the accounts are used to sell i.e. a couple of items are listed the accounts are then suspended. I never use any details which are the same and could link them also I always use a new IP address from AOL, clear cookies etc. I can log into existing accounts without problem so its definately not the IP address/cookies. From previous experience with Paypal/ebay I doubt they will say specifically why they have suspended an account other then the standard responses which you are non the wiser.
Old 05-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Glad it was of help. Although, the VOIP phone option is now down the pan...
why is the VOIP phone option down the pan?
Old 05-02-2008
Threadstarter  

Matt, can you show me a more resourceful site on the net regarding ebay/paypal suspensions than this one, as you say there are? I'm intrigued.
Old 05-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Exclamation Enough Already

We are going off on a tangent. I am with mantis that this site works well for anyone that puts work into using it correctly. End of story.
Regarding ebay UK variations that are coming up: there have been changes that I have noticed since mid March. What was working fine now differs. I have not had the need or sadly the time to experiment with phone verification to give any info as of 5/3/2008. My accounts are only buyers.I am using aspkin's guidelines.:D
As nicely as I can say this, try for yourselves. Come back to the
forum and give us the results of what you did. Then it can be interpreted.
Old 05-04-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Matt, can you show me a more resourceful site on the net regarding ebay/paypal suspensions than this one, as you say there are? I'm intrigued.
Mants is not hard to. You know of this forum for the simple reason "you searched Google". As stated this is a forum where people dont mind to air their warez, and is cluttered with many 1 post users.

On this site we have an elite few, say 10 people who know what they are talking about, and are knowledgable on alot of Ebay issue's

If you search for places via your contact AND NOT via the worlds biggest search engine you will find the places where it is people who just want to help like minded and knowledgable people. There may be few members but its more advanced. This forum is for people who know alot to feel important and tell "newbies" what they need to know. Very little advancement gets achieved here.

Obviously the more "elite" places where means of avoiding suspension etc are discussed are elite for a reason, theres no sign up process its invite only (on 1 place I know) and it is a smaller community.

Just because this place is the easiest to find, and is the biggest doesnt make it the best, far from it in fact. IF you could get rid of all the newbie posters (like that guy who has posted the same thread 3 times today, even though the answer is available on this forum elsewhere) then this forum would become much better
Old 05-04-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
We are going off on a tangent. I am with mantis that this site works well for anyone that puts work into using it correctly. End of story.
Regarding ebay UK variations that are coming up: there have been changes that I have noticed since mid March. What was working fine now differs. I have not had the need or sadly the time to experiment with phone verification to give any info as of 5/3/2008. My accounts are only buyers.I am using aspkin's guidelines.:D
As nicely as I can say this, try for yourselves. Come back to the
forum and give us the results of what you did. Then it can be interpreted.

The guide still works perfectly, the only change is that if you want to sell you need to link it to a verified paypal account now. Obviously this paypal account needs to be unique, so that its not linked to any suspended Ebay account. So basically its the same process, but you need to make a new paypal account for new ebay seller accounts. And now making new paypal accounts have become harder
Old 05-04-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yep. I know that about paypal. The issue at present seems phones/voip. Nothing confirmed
yet.
Old 05-04-2008
Threadstarter  

True Matt, true. There are a lot of users on this forum which really just make it a mess.

I did find this forum via google, for the plain reason it's nicely SEO'd. But there again, I learnt everything here that has given me the ability to be able to successfully sell on ebay after getting suspended.

If you were willing to share other sites though, via PM if you wish, I would certainly be interested. I've still got a lot of learning to do, as we all do
Old 05-04-2008

Longevity: 95%

the whole conundrum is that this forum is easily found which equals lots of people on it, which of course makes it kind of a mess... if you have invite only forums no wonder there will be less of a mess. BUT same as mantis, i learned a lot from this forum, and if you ask you will get a good answer.
Old 05-19-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Interesting enough I'm thinking of closing up to 75% of this forum to subscribers only, not for the money so much but because of the users who post their one or two questions only and don't really contribute to the forums. I'm weighing the pros and cons of it now to see if I should try it out.
Old 05-20-2008
Threadstarter  

I think the established members should be exempt from subscrption.

Forum loyalty and everything aspkin?
Old 05-20-2008
Executive [VIP]

Hey Aspk - Why not just delete and/or inactivate the user accounts that have next to no threads posted or haven't logged in in a while?

Just my two cents
Old 05-23-2008

I'm all for keeping the spys out.

But I'm interested to know how you plan to implement such a payment system? Is it going to be through this forum or a new service entirely? What are going to be the payment options -- credit card, PayPal?
Old 05-23-2008
Threadstarter  

You can manage such subscriptions through vbulletin cpm.
Old 05-30-2008

Longevity: 93%

I thought this was about telephone verification for the UK? :P
I'm working on an idea for this, but Im not sure if it will work or not i'll try and keep you posted however I dont want to keep it public so ebay can read it and newbies can take advantage of the idea. I do think having a private section would be ideal!
Old 06-09-2008

Default Phone Varification?

Hi y'all !

That info was great. However, I've been onto the VOIP site and cannot find the soft-phone X-lite software etc.

Where is it?

Cheers, Matt
Old 06-11-2008

Default Info

Hi there

I was just wondering though how do you get over when paypal look for you to fax your passport details

Im guessing if I use my real name I will be limited so how do i get over this

On orignal paypal account I have Noel Smith say then on new account will this not have to be Noel John Smith all other details will be the new ie ip address, account, address , phone no

Or will they pic k this up as well? What am i best doing?

Thanks for reading this
Noel
Closed Thread