Proven method for opening up a new UK sellers account - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Barclays

here's their online bank site

http://ibank.barclays.co.uk

Good Luck.

Old 03-24-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcafc View Post
I dont think you understand. I ALREADY have a verified paypal account thanks to my halifax saver, and I ALREADY have over £600 in that account so need to somehow withdraw from my verified account that no longer has my halifax saver on.

Pretentious mug
Tut. Tut Matt, now play nice.. i'm pleased you have a "verified" Paypal account.. and ecstatic you have £600 in that "verified" account.. But.. guess what.. You can't touch the £600, because you verified with a Halifax Saver.. and Paypal have obvious issues with Halifax Savers.. so..stop recommending them, you can have 100's of "verified" Paypal accounts with your Savers lol....... But...... Your not gonna get your money out.. Simple as..

Your asking for advice, and upon being given that advice, you chose to vent your obvious pent up frustration in a post basicly spouting inane drivel..

You'll learn i'm sure.. the way your approaching it, you shall have 6 months to learn whilst Paypal enjoy the rewards of your hard earned £600...

Look forward to your reply, i'm sure it shall be as informative and interesting as your last...
Old 03-25-2008

I knew you wouldn't let me down Matt.. informative and interesting as ever..

Let's call a truce, your obviously a pr*ck, but i can live with that..as you more than likely have for some time now..

Btw.. i think you'll find it's PRETENTIOUS
Old 03-26-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse12345 View Post
I knew you wouldn't let me down Matt.. informative and interesting as ever..

Let's call a truce, your obviously a pr*ck, but i can live with that..as you more than likely have for some time now..

Btw.. i think you'll find it's PRETENTIOUS

:D I think you will find its "you're"
Old 03-27-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 94%

Guys, stop littering the thread!!
Old 03-27-2008

Longevity: 93%

what is it with these halifax web saver accounts, ive opened 2 just for convenience as i bank with them anyway, i opened them while im waiting for other bank acc info im waiting for in the post, i opened 1 web saver on my halifax and 1 on my partners, a paypal for each and like ppl have said the deposits where made but on my partners straight away there was a email saying the mandate had been returned but on mine i was able to verify it but i suppose once i use it i will have to find another way to get the money out, will they link my ebay accs if i send it to my old paypal acc.

btw scouse r u a scouser.
Old 03-27-2008

lol..Yes Donna..
Old 03-27-2008

lmao scouse, i am aswell.
Old 04-02-2008

Hi Thanks for this useful info. I now have a seller account up and running with a couple of items for sale.

I'd eventually like to get back to listing 100-200 items a day but i am treading carefully at the moment until I have been on for a month or so and built up a decent feedback about 20+.

Has anyone else had problems when they start listing loads of items or am I panicing for no reason.

Also the in the guide for opening uk seller accounts you no longer need the entropay credit card as you have to have a verified paypal account now which repalces the need for a virtual card

J
Old 04-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

badboy, i want to open up a new fresh ebay uk a/c something that will last, did you follow the guide step by step without problems?

I'm suspended at the moment, faxing my docs across next week, trying to get my 9 year a/c opened up again, but only for buying

I want to open a fresh new a/c something that will last, should and see if they reopen my a/c or can i start now? ebayhatluve told me don't use the same pc 'cause of the IP, how do I get round that?
Old 04-05-2008

I don't think the telephone verification works anymore.
eBay used to call you up and give you the number however now they want you to press one of the digits on your touchpad (this trying to avoid VOIP) methods I believe.

I also think this forum should be made private, because whatever you suggest here eBay staff are reading it and probably going to patch the loopholes about RBS or Halifax accounts, and if you use many Halifax accounts it will raise a redflag on your bank account and they question WHY have you opened so many accounts in your name.

I also know a few more methods about eBay but i'm not making it public due to eBay MAY be reading this forum.

peace out
Old 04-12-2008

Longevity: 92%

its really great that you posted this.

great contribution.

this is definitely a newbie can use.
Old 04-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Glad it was of help. Although, the VOIP phone option is now down the pan...
Old 04-18-2008

I want to know if you need to need to alter name and address details when registering for a new secondary/backup eBay account? Your guide doesn't mention anything about this. But Aspkin's original guide does.
Old 04-18-2008

Mantisinc's guide is fairly general I note. Not like Aspkin's step by step guide which I understand applies to ebay.com not ebay.co.uk.

Well I registered anyway using the same details (my own real ones). eBay is now asking for verification, by either phone or CC, which I haven't done yet.

Is this what they will do, try and absorb as many details as possible and then suspend the account?
Old 04-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Aspkin's guide is what you should first follow, this guide is just points that are specific to the UK.

There are probably a fair few points, I have only really glossed over the general steps you must take.
Old 05-01-2008

Thanks for keeping the info updated. I think its now obvious that ebay are monitoring this website as they seem to have made a lot of changes in recent months making it harder and harder to open up a new sellers account.

I read that voip is now more or less hit-and-miss for Paypal. Is it the same with eBay too or do ebay allow phone verification with voip?
Old 05-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_surfer View Post
Thanks for keeping the info updated. I think its now obvious that ebay are monitoring this website as they seem to have made a lot of changes in recent months making it harder and harder to open up a new sellers account.

Its nothing to do with this website. Do you think this is the only site of its type?

Read up on all the latest policies from Ebay and their reason why they have come into effect, and you will see its simply down to its direct effect on Ebay. This forum isnt the bee all and end all of Ebay suspensions. 90% of the people on here are simple minds, who get banned every 5 minutes.
Old 05-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What percentage you fall into, mattcafc?

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-01-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
What percentage you fall into, mattcafc?
The other 10%

I wasnt being a dick, I mean the 10% of users here really know what they are talking about, and know how to work the system.

But 90% of the people search google, find this forum, come on and ask a dumb questions, or dont follow the system correctly.

I know of 4 other "forums" regarding ebay suspensions and I would say 1 of them is better than this place, but its more guarded. This is easierly found by google, hence the 90% of people who come here and have the other 10% talking in a loop. Its one big cycle of the same questions being asked "How do I change my IP", "Can I make a new paypal account" etc etc.

Ebay, one of the worlds biggest companies DO NOT worry about what is posted on this forum, and how a minority of less than 0.1% of its users try and figure out how to make new accounts
Old 05-02-2008

Does anyone know if e-bay (UK) have introduced new screening for new ebay accounts? I have setup up new ebay acccounts following the steps recommended here. I use AOL so get a new IP address, I clear cookies, use new contact details and e-mail and new Paypal etc. As soon as I try to use the new ebay accounts for selling they are suspended straight away, the second time they said because the contact info was false. I only listed a couple of small value items. Anyone and ideas?
Old 05-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Does anyone know if e-bay (UK) have introduced new screening for new ebay accounts? I have setup up new ebay acccounts following the steps recommended here. I use AOL so get a new IP address, I clear cookies, use new contact details and e-mail and new Paypal etc. As soon as I try to use the new ebay accounts for selling they are suspended straight away, the second time they said because the contact info was false. I only listed a couple of small value items. Anyone and ideas?
And this exactly proves my point :D

bax, go read some other threads, you will find your answer if you research.

Just because this is the most advertised of the ebay suspension forums, doesnt mean its the biggest/best. It just means its the easiest to find on google, hence the reason we have so many new members
Closed Thread