Linked to Previously Suspended Account and Can't figure out How/Why??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 04-07-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default Linked to Previously Suspended Account and Can't figure out How/Why???

Hello All

Excellent forum by the way

One month ago I created both a brand new ebay and paypal account.

Both created on a new windows user account. (The same new Windows User account)

Both created with a brand new IP address

Both with new and matching Name, addresses, entropay Virtual debit Card, phone number, email address. Even the date of births match.

Paypal account with a brand new bank account too of course.

Having let the account mature for just shy of a month I only start listing items with a buy it now price on Saturday. Gradually got it up to 300 items by today. I had previously listed around 20 items at an auction price.

I had also on Saturday opened a shop and changed to a business account.

Yet today got an email saying the usual "Your account has been found to be linked to the previously suspended account"

This is about the 5th or 6th account I've lost this way since October. Previous ones I can kind of understand losing as I could put it down to either logging into ebay/paypal in a suspended windows user account at some point or trying to withdraw too much from paypal too soon and losing both that way. Or just simply not creating a new windows user account

Now for the life of me I can't figure out how the hell they've done it with this account and its seriously getting on my nerves??! I know for a fact I've only ever logged into both the paypal and ebay accounts whilst in the new user account.

Any help would be welcome as I'm at a loss as to how they've done this and would like to know why before attempting to create new ones.

Sorry if this is a bit on the long side but wanted to get as much info down as possible about this.

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-07-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I am facing a similar situation but not linked to suspended account I just got the 180day closure email and 1 of my other accounts limited (I am sure this will get closed too)
I think they can only trace 2 ways
Mac address or some software that reads your CPU ID. I don't know if ebay or paypal will dig this deep but this is the only 2 things I can think of.
Old 04-07-2010
Threadstarter  

Crafty devils if thats the case. Is there anyway around this if that is the case? Aside from getting a brand new computer.
Old 04-07-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

I don't know, I think pp is the main cause of the pain as a certain amount of funds go in then u are limited. I have 2 NEW Laptops with 3 different OS on each Laptop and use them with 6 different dongles. 1 may say I am taking it over the top but even this hasn't helped as today I have lost 1 account and may well loose another 1.
Old 04-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
I am facing a similar situation but not linked to suspended account I just got the 180day closure email and 1 of my other accounts limited (I am sure this will get closed too)
I think they can only trace 2 ways
Mac address or some software that reads your CPU ID. I don't know if ebay or paypal will dig this deep but this is the only 2 things I can think of.
I'm off to the nunnery if that happens,Dude. It ain't happening yet. I answered your thread.

Since this is mac's thread, I'll make a comment or two to him.

mac,
from what you've posted I think you have fallen victim to the check by the human eye and not the bots. Now the changes you made including making a shop have thrown a flag, a human then checks why. If you've used same similar listings,items and such, then that annoys them. Has anything like that happened? Were the same photos used? Part of the stealth mode even must include photos. There are ways to bypass this

Here's Dude's thread. Look at FattyM's post. That's a trick to stay stealth with photos.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-di...suspended.html
Old 04-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks

I did wonder if it might have something to do with the description and the photos. Yes I have used some of the same photos as before plus the Product description is virtually the same. Although I have used the same before and gotten away with it many times on different accounts. It sounds to me then it all start going wrong when i flagged myself by opening up a shop so early.

How long should you usually wait before opening one so as not to flag yourself? As I thought around a month from creating the account was enough...even though I did it about 4 days before the account matured. Plus I know I should have waited until I got the feedback up to at least 10+.

I'll have a look at the ideas from the post you've forwarded me and see if that makes any difference.

My thoguhts are at the moment and have been for some time that ebay must be crushed
Old 04-08-2010

Longevity: 81%

I agree with CoffeeBean. I see bunch of similar posts on ebay forums by users whose accounts were suspended; and they all come to proclaim their innocence and claim that they 'did not do anything wrong.' Oh really!

It all has to do with 'patterns'. Ebay got software that looks for common things that most 'scammers' always repeat. They get so greedy and think that no one will notice that they'll list 200 items for sale on brand new accounts, and mind you, they all seem to know how to list, how to sell, how to use listing services, sell spanking new stuff worth thousands... etc.

That is not how newbies start out. Take a look at some of the 'newbies' listings! Most of them don't know what they are doing and list ONLY few items for sale per month.

Last edited by riversnew; 04-08-2010 at 10:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to riversnew For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-08-2010)
Old 04-08-2010
Threadstarter  

Its a fair point.

However I've let accounts mature before so they don't end up showing as 'member for less than 30 days'. In other words leaving them 1 - 3 months or more, plus built up the feedback by only selling 10 to 20 items at most about 2 weeks after creating them. And only then for about 10 days all at an auction price.

Yet STILL after all that had them suspended for the same so called reason.

So its perhaps a combination of reasons.
Old 04-08-2010

All this 30 day maturing, then start selling lots of a different type of item after 30 days and lots of money suddenly flowing into your account, withdrawing all your money from paypal.

This looks like classic account hijacking scammer activity to me.

I open my selling account on day one, open the shop on day one and start selling. This is normal selling activity.

What business only opens its door to customers after 30 days of opening?

But to help with your question, I would also look at your photos, titles and category. Selling the same 167 items again? That isn't a coincidence in ebay's eyes.
Old 04-08-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Ok, both accounts got closed today, 1 had not many sales and was over 30 days, the 2nd had a few sales, over 30 days but over 1k of pp. The only thing they had in common was:

selling similar items (can be seen by human eyes)
Used same mobile dongle but different windows user account

I am very sure ebay does record MAC Addresses as that is the only way they could have picked this up. Some may disagree but I feel they do it.

Selling little on ebay or a lot on a new account simply means the account will not be flagged, but its the damn PayPal which is the problem. Its not so bad with ebay but as soon as money goes into PayPal, bo0m you are limited. You could have a new ebay account linked to a old PayPal account and sell alot, most likly nothing will happen but link a new PayPal to an old ebay account and bo0m you are in trouble.
Old 04-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bode View Post
All this 30 day maturing, then start selling lots of a different type of item after 30 days and lots of money suddenly flowing into your account, withdrawing all your money from paypal.

This looks like classic account hijacking scammer activity to me.

I open my selling account on day one, open the shop on day one and start selling. This is normal selling activity.

What business only opens its door to customers after 30 days of opening?

But to help with your question, I would also look at your photos, titles and category. Selling the same 167 items again? That isn't a coincidence in ebay's eyes.
I agree what business opens its door to customers after 30 days of opening, however this seems to be the mental way that ebay seems to in my experience work.

I've had most success when opening an account then leaving it for around 1-3 months before selling anything on it. Then listing only auction items on it not Buy it Now ones. Then selling only those for about a month or however long it takes to get the feedback up to at least double figures. Then gradually building up the numbers of Buy It Now items without opening a shop.

I've done this on three accounts and only ever opened a shop on one of them and even then that was nearly a month after selling items at a Buy It Now Price for a month. Yet got a lots of time and money out of them. In these accounts I've also used the same categories, descriptions and some photos but got the time and money out of the accounts.

Yet I've also done the same sort of thing on other accounts and as soon as i end up selling at a Buy It Now Price bang surprise surprise ebay suspends it for the same reason as always. Also I even if I do or don't use different descriptions, photos and categories.

I might add I don't tend to withdraw vast sums out of my paypal account either which would obviously make them limit me as well. However even they have limited me for no apparent reason before ebay have so I think it does also have some thing to do with earning a certain amount in a short space of time on a new paypal account.

Its all utter madness but there it is.
Old 04-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Also I;ve found when listing items on a new account it takes hours or even half a day in some cases for your listings to even show on ebay. Whats that all about??
Old 04-09-2010

That's the human eye or a queue for the bot to look for policy violations.

⊗⊗⊗⊗ 2011 Arsenal football shirt includes free LG Full LED TV

Buy it Now £0.99
Postage £2500

Old 04-09-2010
Threadstarter  

Angry

Great so when they say it'll be listed for say 7 days if of course you choose that option it infact means 6 and a half days at most if you're a new seller?

So ebay talk out of their rear end yet again.

Brilliant!
Old 04-09-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

If your ebay account has not been limited or ID verfied it will take 10 hours before listing appear for the first 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallister78 View Post
Also I;ve found when listing items on a new account it takes hours or even half a day in some cases for your listings to even show on ebay. Whats that all about??