Proven method for opening up a new UK sellers account - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

I think that's a great idea ebayhateluv! The U.K. users have a lot to offer each other!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 96%

i totally agree with you ebayhateluv, most of the things discussed here are for US ebayers... we the UK members sometimes feel very frustrated as some core principles regarding paypal and ebay are entirely different.. maybe we should ask aspkin for a seperate UK disscussion area as you have proposed ... and all threads/postings related to UK issues moved there..

silver surfer i m doing very well with my ip managment.. u donot have to guess an ip to work.. first let it generate a random ip by logging into your isp normally note it down.. next time u put the same ip manually in your dialup setting.. (dialup to adsl i mean) got it?? simple aint?
Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

Yea I understand how you're doing it mate, but what I mean is that normally we can't have control of the IP that is assigned to us, because its assigned by the ISP's server and selected randomly. I use AOL but I'm not sure if you're method will work. I'll give it a shot though. Yes the UK section is a great idea, I think we have got enough info to help UK members out.
Old 02-12-2008

i dont know if you have a background in IT.. anyway just to brief you out a little... when you dial to an ISP you are first authenticated and then DHCP server assigns you an ip address, if you give it an ip address it will ask the DHCP server if this is ip is in use if its not DHCP will it OK if it is already in use DHCP will reject it.. so yes but every ISP behaves differently so u have to try your luck on that if you do succeed it really makes ip managment very easy.. so anyway goodluck and all the best
Old 02-12-2008

Oh I didn't know that the DHCP actually checks the manually assigned IP address and gives it the OK if its not in use You've been a great help mate and look forward to learning from users such as yourself. All the best to you too
Old 02-13-2008
Threadstarter  

I was going to suggest a category for UK members, but didn't know how leanient Aspkin was to forum suggestions
Old 02-13-2008

Mantis:
Aspkins Very Easy Going.. His MAIN interest is in helping US succeed.
I dont think he has any children, so Maybe we're his children??? )
Old 02-13-2008
Threadstarter  

Well, that's always good news.
Anyway, Aspkin, I have some dirty laundry hanging around, now come along will you...
Old 02-21-2008

Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

That's really cool details!.i will give it a try.thanks for sharing!

And i see you talked about us bank accounts.what if we don't open us paypal but other country's which don't need to veirfy with bank accounts?
Old 02-28-2008

Longevity: 93%

hi im tryin to sign up to ebay i got my card but dont av house phone i tryed to sign up with UK VoIP Internet Phone Service - VoIP PBX Switchboard and Telephony services,but my email address aint no good i dont have a isp inbox account is ther any other kind of email address i could use to get signed up to get a uk dialing code
Old 02-28-2008
Threadstarter  

Tim, try an AOL email address, that might work.
If you're still having issues, PM me.
Old 02-28-2008

no aol dont work i aint got a landline but i got my mastercard i can buy no probs but want to sell can you help
Old 02-28-2008

Mantis:
can you help me with this 1 plz i got your message would be great if we can do what you said
Old 03-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

I cannot find the right post anymore:
Someone (mantisinc?) mentioned that you can open several halifax bank accounts online under one roof.
but i cannot find the option to open a bank account online anywhere on the halifax website, also not when i'm logged in into online banking with my account...
how exactly does it work ?
Old 03-02-2008
Threadstarter  

Steve, I believe it was with RBS wasn't it? Or maybe Halifax had it as well.
I got told this by another forum member, haven't used them myself.
Old 03-02-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Scouse12345 said that RBS is OK. where if you havea check account, you can have other accounts.
Pity is that ING in the UK does not work the same.
Old 03-02-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

RBS and Halifax is one and the same bank, isn't it !?
I've got a normal bank account with them now, but no idea how to get several accounts under this one. probably have to ask them directly...
Old 03-03-2008

Hi all,

Delighted to have found this thread. I too have been "suspended" despite their insistence on questions of authenticity... not true, but as I am a bit fed up with the customer service - i.e. I pay them an amount each month for the priviledge of using the service yet they boot me off without giving me a chance to prove their claim was wrong.

Anyway, I'm in a fix for 2 reasons, apart from loads of merchandise to sell off;

1. They've asked me to send a copy of passport/drivers licence/ltr from tax office AND copy of a utility bill --faxed to them in Eire.

Now call me touchy, but I find this a bit dodgy; sending my personal details to a fax number - wide open to fraud. Plus, they haven't verified themselves to me!

2. I have another account that hasn't been suspended but as I'm terrified to use it now, reading all these threads - not sure how I can ensure the Paypal account I use (used for both accounts) will not tip them off, its the same person.

Two other issues also come to mind, are they sending details back to the HM revenue??? If so, any ways around that?

My partner also does ebay & I'm afraid they may get suspended too.

Phew! My questions are really; whether to send the verfication info in or whether to start all over again???

Many thanks
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Smile Hallo

Not another Pom? Any help you might get is going to depend on what football
team you support. {joke,joke}. Just to let you know there are two UK forums
ebay & paypal that have information that is relevant to you.

You have to make a decision about suspension: how valuable is the account?
?fbs and age of account? Is it worthwhile for you to appeal the suspension.
Nearly all of the users here have faxed to ebay in different countries.... without problems except for the time it takes for replies. OK a
cheek but when you made the ebay account you accepted the requirements. You have to think about that. If your present info will pass then
you make the choice. BUT until you decide do not do these things:
use your other account on the same computer . Leave paypal alone for anything to do with ebay. Make sure that your partner does not use your computer.
Ebay will link and suspend. Now here's the good news:ebay will try to muck you around. They do not play fair. It may will be that your partner has nothing to do with your account but ebay will not accept that. Just to let you know that this is how they play. Think about this. Decide whatever and post again because you will get help.
cheers.
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Default Which Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
RBS and Halifax is one and the same bank, isn't it !?
I've got a normal bank account with them now, but no idea how to get several accounts under this one. probably have to ask them directly...
Steve I think Halifax and Bank of Scotland are joined not the Royal Bank of
Scotland. (geeze I hope so)
Old 03-03-2008
Threadstarter  

After registering a new account, some new signup processes appeared. So I updated the main thread with my findings.

It seems, no matter what now (signed up with a UK IP, ISP email, UK address + phone number, UK bank, UK card, and then tried to list an item from the same IP), ebay are requiring the addition of a linked paypal account.
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanks again,mantis. Concise post to help the forum.