Proven method for opening up a new UK sellers account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

Wow, that must be within the past few weeks.
That's a bit of a pig really...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 96%

well yes something really has changed during these past few weeks.. now when u first time try to list something and want to create a seller account.. it wont just ask for credit card.. it will say that how u wanna pay ur seller fees..

1. paypal.
2. credit card
3. bank account..

the note also tells keep your landline number handy as ebay might call to verify.... so in short now ebay is gonna verifiy your phone and credit card at same time... haan.. and maybe also require u to put in bank account on file despite putting a cc and landlin ph..

pheeeeeewwwwwwwwwww !!!
Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 94%
Default watchout

watch out for this one scouse old chap, particularly internet banking. If you open a lot of savings accounts, it flags on the banks system as potential fraud, puts you under scrutiny and makes it difficult to open different accounts. e.g. my gf and I applied for a particular type of joint account, and it was refused because she had opened lots of online savers, merely as a way of organising her money. thankfully, the bank manager is a good friend, so he talked to the higher up people, explained the situation and we got the account. But, watch out for opening too many (just online?) savers with the same bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse12345 View Post
Paulus is quite correct, a tactic i use with my own accounts, is.. do not attempt to open to many "current" accounts." your bank requires credit searches.. I'm with RBS, open your first "savings account " with them, and they then let you have as many savings accounts as you want.. all with separate account numbers, and all you need to do, is call your bank tell them to open another account, and it's done right away... alternatively, register for internet banking, and you can sit for hours, opening fully workable uk accounts for either ebay or pp

scouse
Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

Is there any way that ebay will verify if the bank account is real or not? This is suprising to me too, as I have yet to create my new account, now this info is making me think that it won't be possible...
Old 02-12-2008

yes bank is verified by setting up direct debit.. if direct debit is refused they know its not correct.. if you put someone elses bank account number if by any chance that was a real bank a/c, you will be caught sooner or later.. so i would definitly suggest not to do this blindly.. make sure you enter your correct bank details.. a bank which is not associated with previous suspended ids.. i have yet to find out if ebay is requiring bank on all new accounts
Old 02-12-2008

Damn, if only I had opened my ebay account(s) earlier before they implemented this lol. I checked the help page on opening a new seller account and they do say you need to give bank details and cc/debit card details. Maybe we have ebay spies monitoring this board....
Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 97%

This is kinda weird, I've been asked by eBay for my "bank details" on all the seller accounts I've created over the last 8 months and have never had a problem, or am I reading something wrong here?
Old 02-12-2008

Lets pause for a moment here, if I am able to create a new bank account using my real details obviiously such as my name, and then I create a new ebay account with different details, but submit this bank account, if after seeing the name of the bank account holder, will they link this to my old accounts?

LongMan, did ebay establish direct debit with these bank accounts, and I am assuming that these bank accounts had you're real first name and surname?
Old 02-12-2008

S_S, I opted to pay my seller fees by credit card so they never asked to verify my bank account details by DD.
Old 02-12-2008

I find ebay silly for asking to verify both credit card AND bank account info (powerbid, no offence was meant to you, I misrepresented my words)
Did you're banking info contain you're real name and therefore match you're previous banking info associated with the suspended account? Or was it false banking info?
Old 02-12-2008

What I find is a little simple research is needed for the bank information. Firstly make sure the bank address and sort code match together and are real. Then put a random number for the a/c no. And use your eBay first and second name.
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerbid View Post
i have yet to find out if ebay is requiring bank on all new accounts
>>>> Powerbid is saying that once you submit the bank details, they will verify with Direct debit, which is a bit silly why they are asking for both a valid credit card and banking info.

hello ?? did u really read what i posted earlier ???

i never said that you HAVE TO VERIFY by bank.. it was MEANT TO BE IF you verify by bank then YES its a standard procedure ebay establishes a direct debit with your bank account.. if you dont know ebay workings in UK you better learn rather than objecting on someones comment... dont expect to read what you want to read..
Old 02-12-2008

Thanks LongMan, I'll have to confirm whether or not ebay attempt to immediately set up direct debit with the submitted bank account. If it does then I will have to change my approach, if it doesn't then its basically the same situation as you, and you've been going strong for 8 months so it cant be all that bad All this is making me think I should get started on opening a new seller account on the bay asap.
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongMan View Post
Then put a random number for the a/c no. And use your eBay first and second name.
this might be working for US ebay accounts.. but in UK chances are very bright you will setup a direct debit with someone elses bank account... and these days most of us use internet banking what if the victim reports you
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
>>>> Powerbid is saying that once you submit the bank details, they will verify with Direct debit, which is a bit silly why they are asking for both a valid credit card and banking info.

hello ?? did u really read what i posted earlier ???

i never said that you HAVE TO VERIFY by bank.. it was MEANT TO BE IF you verify by bank then YES its a standard procedure ebay establishes a direct debit with your bank account.. if you dont know ebay workings in UK you better learn rather than objecting on someones comment... dont expect to read what you want to read..
Sorry if I offended, I certainly didn't mean to. I misread what you wrote and I will edit the post now
Old 02-12-2008

Originator (payee) ID:
Originator (payee) name: EBAY
Reference number: EXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Originator (payee) ID: XXXXXXX

this is one of the direct debit ebay setup when i gave them my bank info..... ((( xxx obviosly represents omitted numbers)))
Old 02-12-2008

Quote:
this might be working for US ebay accounts.. but in UK chances are very bright you will setup a direct debit with someone elses bank account... and these days most of us use internet banking what if the victim reports you
Whatever you do, don't setup a direct debit with the made up information as IT WILL NOT WORK as it will not be valid. Both the sort code and a/c no. have to match together to make a valid DD so picking both correct would incredibly rare.
Old 02-12-2008

thats what i have been trying to make clear to you guys.. its a waste of energy and time... if you succeed it still means somethings not right either

ps: silver surfer.. its really ok.. i really thought u had created tons of ebay accounts by now but obviously not
Old 02-12-2008

Just absorbing more info my friend. I guess another reason why I'm being reluctant to test stuff out at my house even using dial up is that there are other people in the house who have ebay accounts and I don't want to jeapordise their accounts in any way. BTW that post you showed me was very informative, the one where imjustme organises his windows accounts. I was thinking, if he's creating an IP log file for each ebay account only, how would he know if an IP used on ebay account1 is not being used on ebay account2, as he won't have access to both log files at the same time?

A prominent UK member here uses one log file listing all ip addresses used with all ebay ids.
Old 02-12-2008

lolz silversurfer ... hey man cant u just save the excel file and close it and then open it from within other window account??? whats problem with that.. i think its time to create me a step by step guide lolz
Old 02-12-2008

lol I was trying to understand it exactly the way imjustme does it so it kinda got me confused. BTW what you do with your ip address/modem, apparantly thats supposed to be incredibly rare to work as an ISP alway asigns IP addresses randomly
Old 02-12-2008

HI, Powerbid:
Yes, Maybe we need a UK "Advantage Section"? Because I know some of the rules are different, the cards diff, the phone procedures are even diff..
--That would be most appreciated if you could come up with something to help our friends from the U.K...