eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal. We have noticed unusual activity on your account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/61617-paypal-we-have-noticed-unusual-activity-your-account.html)

ceebee 07-01-2013 02:50 AM

Paypal. We have noticed unusual activity on your account

My stealth ppal account has been limited. I can't withdraw. There is about £60 in credit. I went thro' the procedure of changing password and security questions but they also want proof of identity and address. The VCC has also expired. Proof of identity no problem but I need to pay for up to date utility bill and probably new VCC and it doesn't warrant the expense. My problem is that I don't use this account very much since I am selling non-dodgy gear now on my real account so I don't really need the stealth account. My question is - if I fail to provide the requested information will they keep the money? What happens if I cancel the account and demand settlement?

GreenBean 07-01-2013 03:09 AM

The reply will be something like get on your bike and go....

Paypal control you now. Your ability of control was surrended when you got limited.

Do I gather you got limited after changing details on this account? Nothing else was happening?

If you do not lift the limits, they could hold the funds for 180 days....

Seems mean you got limited just because of changing info.

:mad:

ceebee 07-01-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 463633)
The reply will be something like get on your bike and go....

Paypal control you now. Your ability of control was surrended when you got limited.

Do I gather you got limited after changing details on this account? Nothing else was happening?

If you do not lift the limits, they could hold the funds for 180 days....

Seems mean you got limited just because of changing info.

:mad:

No, I got email saying "unusual activity on account" I had made no changes. When I logged on they asked me to change my password, then my secret questions. I thought that was it until I noticed the limits. I checked and they were requesting proof of address and ID.
What do I do now? Do I just ignore the request and wait six months? I don't need the account so would it help if I cancel the account altogether?

JamesNorth101 07-01-2013 03:30 AM

If you want the money out sooner than 180 days, then do as they ask.

You will not be able to cancel the account until either you do as they ask and withdraw your money, or the 180 days is up and you have withdrawn your money

GreenBean 07-01-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebee (Post 463634)
No, I got email saying "unusual activity on account" I had made no changes. When I logged on they asked me to change my password, then my secret questions. I thought that was it until I noticed the limits. I checked and they were requesting proof of address and ID.
What do I do now? Do I just ignore the request and wait six months? I don't need the account so would it help if I cancel the account altogether?

Like James and I said, you can not cancel a limited account.

Either give them what they need or tell them you are not happy to supply info. In 180 days you should get your funds back.

:typing:

ceebee 07-01-2013 05:03 AM

OK thanks. I'm not desperate for the money so I will just sit on it for the 6 months then clear the account out. But do I need to inform them of my intentions or are the funds automatically released after 6 months?

GreenBean 07-01-2013 05:08 AM

I always tell them to ensure the clock gets started.

:boink:

JamesNorth101 07-01-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebee (Post 463657)
OK thanks. I'm not desperate for the money so I will just sit on it for the 6 months then clear the account out. But do I need to inform them of my intentions or are the funds automatically released after 6 months?

No harm in telling them. The clock should start from when you received your last payment, but this is not always the case.

rsot 07-01-2013 09:02 AM

Funds will be automatically available in 180 days. Go make fresh stealth accounts.

You can ask them to cancel and close...

GreenBean 07-01-2013 09:43 AM

Ask paypal to cancel and close an already permanently limited account?

Since when ?
or
Why advise that?

:juggle:

Ebayorbust 07-01-2013 09:59 AM

OP, you need to force paypal to send the parting ways email. Usually telling them you refuse to provide what they are asking for will cause this. Doing nothing may not guarantee your money in 180 days. Likewise you cannot close a limited account.

Sandy D 07-01-2013 11:15 AM

Cancel and close?

Read your list of things pp sent you.

One of them is you cannot close this account.

And you cannot demand settlement either.

They are in total control.

rsot 07-03-2013 01:15 PM

I am sorry all - the "t" was dropped - yes I did not proofread and I accept the big mistake.

I wrote canT close - the T did not hit - not intentional misinfo - you cant close or cancel the account.

Apologies

ceebee 07-05-2013 06:19 AM

I assume that I can't buy Ebay goods with the money, but what about the outstanding Ebay fees?
I have a feeling that this problem is all down to the expired VCC

JamesNorth101 07-05-2013 06:34 AM

If the account is locked, its locked. Means you cannot use it to pay anything

Ebayorbust 07-05-2013 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebee (Post 464962)
I assume that I can't buy Ebay goods with the money, but what about the outstanding Ebay fees?

An expired vcc does not result in permanent account limitation.

GreenBean 07-05-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Rare for limitations to be caused by expired vcc.

You can do nothing with the account except supply the info requested or wait the 180 days.

As you stated, not worth the trouble of supplying the info, so get the clock ticking for the funds.

:pop2:

rsot 07-05-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Pay the outstanding eB fees with another credit card.

ceebee 07-06-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 465016)
Pay the outstanding eB fees with another credit card.

That's interesting. If I pay out with another credit card won't they pick up on my real name?

GreenBean 07-06-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebee (Post 465160)
That's interesting. If I pay out with another credit card won't they pick up on my real name?

I would not use a 'credit' card.

Consider using a vcc for a one off payment of your fees.

If you have entropay, you can make a vcc and use that.

:peace:

ceebee 07-12-2013 02:27 AM

Entropay seems to be the way to go. But if Paypal is now no use to me neither is ebay. So what happens if I don't pay? Tell them to stuff it until paypal comes through with the goods?

rsot 07-12-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebee (Post 466784)
Entropay seems to be the way to go. But if Paypal is now no use to me neither is ebay. So what happens if I don't pay? Tell them to stuff it until paypal comes through with the goods?

Is it in your real info? Then not much they can do logically...could dip into your bank account.

I wont recommend that you AVOID paying the fees since you used the service