cant add 2nd bank account to paypal PayPal Server Error ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 08-31-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default cant add 2nd bank account to paypal PayPal Server Error ?

Hi, i have had a stealth account for just over a year now, recently turned top rated ,

the bank account attached to it will be closed in a month or so its natwest, so joined up bank of scotland , didnt delete any old card or bank and tried adding new bank account and this is all i get

The PayPal server is currently experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later or contact Customer Service"

really dont want to call them or contact them and also by reading others with same issue it doesnt seem to sort it self out ?

any help ?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

PP UK is glitchey. Give it 48 hours and try again
Old 08-31-2013
Threadstarter  

thanks mate, will do, really dont wanna lose this account , been going over a year, bank i been using for it will close in 30 days so need to add another

i did buy this account from seller on here over year ago, i did try to add bank the bank around 3 weeks ago, but it was asking it needs to call to verify but the number i didnt have access to as it came like that, so i have a pay as you go sim and changed to that this was 3 weeks ago and thought if i added bank now and needed to call would be no problem
Old 08-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Then waiting 48 hours may not work.

Sure, there are glitches. But if you had previous activity like you stated, sometimes it is impossible to add a bank account.

Try waiting.

You may be lucky.

Old 08-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Had a similar issue on a UK account when I wanted to update the account - resolved in about 30 hours (when I tried again).

If they want to call to verify, put in a new accessible number of yours...
Old 08-31-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Had a similar issue on a UK account when I wanted to update the account - resolved in about 30 hours (when I tried again).

Magic touch there.

Well done.

Old 09-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Hi hope its the same for me, i did first adding second bank 3-4 weeks ago but it asked to call number which i didn't have access to as seller who i bought account from had already had number i didn't have access to so i added a pay as you go number which i bought ,

so i thought i take my time adding bank again after i added new number, its been a few weeks, as my natwest account is being closed in 30 days , i tried again to add bank and came with that error so will give it 48hrs or so and try again

account is just over a year old and just been updated to top rated, so hope dont to lose it and also the new bank account i made not gone to waste as the details i had to insert before error came up and do not want to contact them

Thanks
Old 09-01-2013
Executive [VIP]

Yes - remember that when you buy accounts, you can still update phone number and some info - not the name of course.
Old 09-01-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes - remember that when you buy accounts, you can still update phone number and some info - not the name of course.
Hi, yes i know, just didnt bother changing anything, also didnt want to make few changes all at the same time, spread it out , hoping can add 2nd bank account in next day or so , i dont see why it shouldnt the account is in good standing all verified for over a year, just bank is closing and need to add another

ya for future reference will change number once account is aged abit if same issue pops up again

Thanks
Old 09-02-2013
Threadstarter  

so i tried again today and still getting the same

The PayPal server is currently experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later or contact Customer Service

cant really do anything with this account without a bank account attached to it :( when current one attached will close in next 2 weeks

i dont think this is gonna sort itself out, shall i email them, really cautious about calling them

Last edited by uscool; 09-02-2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 09-02-2013

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscool View Post
so i tried again today and still getting the same

The PayPal server is currently experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later or contact Customer Service

cant really do anything with this account without a bank account attached to it :( when current one attached will close in next 2 weeks

i dont think this is gonna sort itself out, shall i email them, really cautious about calling them
had the same thing on 2 accounts a month or so ago it wasnt a "glitch" just a mess

i called them and the rep added it manually

have your all "info" ready when you call
Old 09-02-2013
Threadstarter  

Hi, can you give me any info what they ask for ? just never had to call and it being stealth am very caution

i did change the phone number that was on it originally , this was because when i first tried adding the second bank it asked to call but couldn't go ahead as didn't have access to it, i changed it to a pay as you go Sim i bought, then waited a few weeks to try to add second bank and started giving this error

Thanks
Old 09-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscool View Post
Hi, can you give me any info what they ask for ? just never had to call and it being stealth am very caution

i did change the phone number that was on it originally , this was because when i first tried adding the second bank it asked to call but couldn't go ahead as didn't have access to it, i changed it to a pay as you go Sim i bought, then waited a few weeks to try to add second bank and started giving this error

Thanks
If you do call, know your date of birth and act courteously - no need to be nervous. Just have all your info written out to answer.
Old 09-03-2013

Longevity: 67%

Once you get the dreaded "Paypal server error" problem, that Pp account is basically 'gone'.

Unless:

1. It is a new account, then you might get lucky. Leave it for a few days (at least 4), then try again. If it works then, good! If not, account gone.

2. Call PP CS.

Note that there is another issue. If you try to remove a bank account or card, it's very likely that you'll get limited.

I don't think this is a bug. It seems that PP is targetting UK accounts. Most likely due to far too many stealths being created.
Old 09-03-2013

Oh, almost forgot.

As mentioned, I am trying to move away from PayPal. Moneybookers seem to be OK. I will know soon if a withdrawal works. Will update.
Old 09-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post
Once you get the dreaded "Paypal server error" problem, that Pp account is basically 'gone'.

Unless:

1. It is a new account, then you might get lucky. Leave it for a few days (at least 4), then try again. If it works then, good! If not, account gone.

2. Call PP CS.

Note that there is another issue. If you try to remove a bank account or card, it's very likely that you'll get limited.

I don't think this is a bug. It seems that PP is targetting UK accounts. Most likely due to far too many stealths being created.
Can you expand on these claims.

I add and remove bank accounts constantly on Paypal and haven't had an account limited as a result. Removing a bank account does not cause Paypal limitations.

Likewise, the OP receiving that error on Paypal does not, in my experience, mean that the account is toast.

When Paypal target our accounts they don't use server errors as the excuse, they give you a long list of requirements to complete and then pull the plug.
Old 09-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack the Knife View Post

Unless:

2. Call PP CS.

Hi, that doesn't sound right, as the account is over a year old and in good standing.

also on PayPal forum quite a few having same issue. Some people who deleted their bank and tried re adding again the same bank account comes up with same issue.

I'm sure legit people change bank accounts on PayPal , just to me seems PayPal glitches

I will have to call and try to get it manually added , will wait week and see if can add myself

Thanks
Old 09-03-2013

uscool,

Yes, am aware of this issue and have posted a few threads on this.

I believe I have extensively tested this issue and have found a workaround. Feel free to PM if you want to know more.

The gist is..... once you get this error - and I've had my fair share - the PP account is 'gone'. If it's an old account and highly rated (like you, I had a similar problem), then your best bet is to call Customer Service (CS). In my case, they even had trouble manually adding it. If it's a new account, it might be sorted after the required 3 days. Leave for like 5 days, then re-visit and test.

Here's something simple to test. Create a new PP account. Then add a bank account. Don't have to confirm it. Remove the bank account. Try to add it again. See what happens.
Old 09-03-2013

Quote:
also on PayPal forum quite a few having same issue. Some people who deleted their bank and tried re adding again the same bank account comes up with same issue.
Yes, it's been months and they haven't been able to get their PP accounts sorted, still can't add bank account, still getting "PayPal server error".

Given that this is such a major 'bug', you would have thought PP would be quick to rectify the issue. Given that it's still an... well... issue, I feel like there might be something else to this.

But just try. Create new PP account. Add bank account. Then remove. If you are not limited, try to re-add the same bank account. You will get the "PayPal server error" prompt. Been able to consistently reproduce this in stealth, using multiple service providers.