Paypal 180 Hold - Funds are now eligible for withdrawal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-09-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Paypal 180 Hold - Funds are now eligible for withdrawal

Hello
Firstly let me start by thanking everyone in this forum, While I do not interact much I use this place for all the information I need when dealing with the dreaded paypal and you have helped get money from accounts that I previously thought were dead.

I have a situation with one of my account that I have not had before.

Short story. Account is limited and then have placed a reserve on my funds and I received the 180 days hold notice which was standard.

Usually I would just let this run its course but I needed the money and decided to chance my arm and email paypal here - executiveoffice@paypal.com as I wanted an actual response to my case rather than a standard bot reply.

I got 2 emails back -

Dear xxxxx,

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

To withdraw funds from your account, please log in to PayPal.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited until you perform the steps required to lift the limitation.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.

Yours sincerely,
The PayPal Team

and then 2.

Dear XXXX,

Thank you for your recent email in relation to the current status of your account. Your complaint has been forwarded to the Executive Escalations department for review; please allow us to offer further explanation concerning your issue.

XXXX, a recent review of your account registered with email address XXXXXX, shows that on 18 February 2014 we reviewed the activity of your account with case number XXXXX.

To minimise risks we regularly review all PayPal accounts to identify the types of activities occurring on our payment network.

Following to our review it has been determined that we will end our business relationship with you and no longer provide our services to you.

In accordance with PayPal’s User Agreement, PayPal may place a hold on funds in your account, limit funding sources and payments, limit access to an account and any or all of the account's functions, limit withdrawals, indefinitely suspend or close your account and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your account or activities pose a significant credit or fraud risk to us, or we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us.

PayPal can use commercial judgement to decide what factors to consider when making that decision and it does not need to make these public because it would potentially open up routes for somebody to circumvent its system. PayPal is therefore not required to communicate in depth information relating to our security review of yours or any other account.

In your case, we are not saying you have done anything wrong; we are exercising our right to end our business relationship as outlined in the user agreement under the following sections:

10.2 (a) – Actions by PayPal

XXXX, we understand from your correspondence that you wish to withdraw your PayPal balance which was held as a result of the permanent suspension of your account.

We would like to inform you that the balance of your PayPal account is now available for withdrawal.

Although we sincerely regret that you have had this experience, PayPal reiterates the position that the correct procedures were used in this case and that we have acted in accordance with the User Agreement and its policy therein.

All complaints can be further referred to the following bodies and for the purpose of doing so, this letter will be known as our "final response"

From what I can gather, my funds should be free from being on hold.

Even when I log in I get the
Your account has been limited for more than 45 days. It will continue to be limited but you now have the ability to withdraw funds.

But for some reason my paypal balance is still stuck at pending ( or placed as they call it).
Now I have a bank account attached ( But its not verified, I haven't done the deposits yet but from reading on here I shouldn't have to) I have also reached my sending withdrawl limit but again paypal should override this to let me get my funds out of my account before they shut it down.

Has anyone had a time delay on when the funds become free or is this something I should follow up on?

I hope I have given enough details here and removed any information that should be placed in the thread.

Thank in advance!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-09-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: Paypal 180 Hold - Funds are now eligible for withdrawal

There can be a glitch with these types of funds release.

It is not my experience that you in fact do need to verify this bank account. Simply because you will be using the account only once. (Others in the UK may differ with their thoughts).

I would suggest calling them BUT....

be aware that sometimes even though one side of paypapl says the funds can be released, this does not happen.

Good Luck
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (04-10-2014)
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

Thanks for your reply.
I did call them but the lady on the phone said that since I emailed the executive escalations team she was unable to do anything and I would have to wait on getting a reply back from them. She was actually helpful and said it does appear to be a glitch of some sort and she would try to speed things along for me.

I should hopefully hear back from them today or tomorrow and I shall update on how it goes.
Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

While it is good to communicate with PP in general, I hope the best for you - doubt much will be done on PP`s end.

What were the source of the funds?
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

The money was from a family member. I made sure that they had no issues with their account. I think this is because I reached the limit of my withdrawal.
Silly mistake on my behalf.

And yeah I have had to deal with the 180 days wait before with zero help from paypal but this time I thought I would take a chance and hopefully something pays off. But as always I wont hold my breath.

I just thought it was weird I got all the emails and yet my account seems to have remained the same.
Old 04-10-2014
Threadstarter  

I just wanted to post an update.
I got the 3rd email from paypal today stating there was a glitch in the account and the money has been made available. so +1 to GreenBean who thought it was this.

Cant actually believe I got it to be honest.
The account was limited for just over 45 days and like most I have been made wait the full 180 but It must have been my lucky day and got some decent over at paypal who was willing to help.

Thanks again for all your comments
Old 04-10-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Good to hear.

Par for the course for those that know about UK paypal & escalations & how they behave.
Old 04-10-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheep_zombie View Post
I just wanted to post an update.
I got the 3rd email from paypal today stating there was a glitch in the account and the money has been made available. so +1 to GreenBean who thought it was this.

Cant actually believe I got it to be honest.
The account was limited for just over 45 days and like most I have been made wait the full 180 but It must have been my lucky day and got some decent over at paypal who was willing to help.

Thanks again for all your comments

GreenBean is always on top of things.

Take her word as gold.
Old 04-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

So they released your funds ?
Old 04-11-2014
Threadstarter  

Yes the funds were released. Just over £1000.
I did need the verify my bank account to be able to withdraw them ( in the past that usually took a few days but from what I can tell its basically instant now).
I have read on here that this wasn't needed but in my case I did need to.

The account is dead of course but I knew that as soon as the 180 limit was placed on it.

Again thank you all for your help in the matter
Old 04-11-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Congratz OP - don`t repeat the transfer from family member in the future