Limited due to ebay sales that violate paypals policy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-30-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Limited due to ebay sales that violate paypals policy

Hi I really hope someone here can help me. My Paypal account has just been limited a few minutes ago. I logged into my account and verified its not a spoof. Here are the details I hope someone can help me:-

If I can't get my account back then my online business is destroyed

========================

Why is my account access limited?

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account
activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's
Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sales / offers on ebay.co.uk, user ID:
[removed]

=========================

I sell open source / public domain digital products on ebay. To the best of my knowledge nothing violates any copyright and my ebay account is in excellent standing with 100% positive feedback. I always check that the products I sell are open source or public domain. Any content that isn't open source or public domain has been created by me.

Thanks

Last edited by GreenBean; 05-31-2014 at 12:07 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Limited due to ebay sales that violate paypals policy

Sorry to say....virtual anything is risky to eb and pp.....your paypal account is most likely toast (as well as your ebay account). Get the stealth guide and get to work. And if you feel like it, you can call them, I mean at this point you have nothing to lose. Just don't get your hopes up.

Make new accounts ASAP and get back on the road to selling again.
Old 05-31-2014

Longevity: 78%

Was it not possible to continue with this if you sold it in disc form?

So you offer the instant send file transfer and the back up disc through the post

As I think it all started through feedback manipulation

But I may be wrong, as this stuff was from a while ago
Old 06-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by isitworththestress View Post
Was it not possible to continue with this if you sold it in disc form?

So you offer the instant send file transfer and the back up disc through the post

As I think it all started through feedback manipulation

But I may be wrong, as this stuff was from a while ago
I post disks there is no digital delivery unless they ask for it and if they ask I always post the disk as well. Ebay are fine with me I have an account in excellent standing its only paypal that have thrown a wobbly because they say my CAD software bundle violates copyright. Despite the fact that I sent them a copy of the license agreement and a link to the website that says its a GNU public license and can be sold.
Old 06-08-2014

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
I post disks there is no digital delivery unless they ask for it and if they ask I always post the disk as well. Ebay are fine with me I have an account in excellent standing its only paypal that have thrown a wobbly because they say my CAD software bundle violates copyright. Despite the fact that I sent them a copy of the license agreement and a link to the website that says its a GNU public license and can be sold.
I don't know how paypal handle this but ebay often give you the details of the copyright holder to contact.

Maybe you could phone paypal and get more information on who is claiming copyright.

I would also make use of google and double check what you created yourself had not already been created by someone else before you, or that had in some way not gone down the public licence route, or there are not sections of the open source material that has not been pillfered by the creator. Stranger things have happened but you may also just find out it was just some competitor that knows the weakness of the paypal system of shoot first and ask questions later.

Last edited by isitworththestress; 06-08-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
Not much you can do but explain this to Paypal and hope for the best - seems like you know what you are providing