eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal limited but eBay still fine (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/79582-paypal-limited-but-ebay-still-fine.html)

Callidus 12-05-2014 08:23 AM

Re: PayPal limited but eBay still fine

Wasn't making a dig at you, your choice but was making it clear for NEW members that this is NOT a good idea and not the normal thing to do. Hope it works out for you. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMLG (Post 616242)
Thank you for your "concern". i do understand the risks of it. I just tried and had a go for it and it worked. Like what i said, its probably not the norm, but more of a glitch. I thought we were free to share our own experiences here.

With this in mind, I always withdraw regularly from that account and leave no more than £150 at any one time. I leave there what I can lose.

I am just sharing my experience. with the OPs question and stating my personal experiment. Thats it. Its not an advice. The worse that can happen is I lose that bank account. But at least I can earn a bit more than starting again from 0 feedback on ebay.

To some extent, we have our days numbered on all our ebay and paypal accounts. Sometimes, for no reason, paypal gets limited (just like whats goin on on the 15th of 29th november) or ebay gets suspended even with 100 percent positive feedback. We just try to earn as much as we can on the accounts that we can keep active before they kill us again.

AMLG 12-05-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callidus (Post 616244)
Wasn't making a dig at you, your choice but was making it clear for NEW members that this is NOT a good idea and not the normal thing to do. Hope it works out for you. :)

no worries :)

:peace:

Forcefire 12-05-2014 08:01 PM

I too got my account limited 2 days ago without a reason, no problems on the account, all funds for valid eBay transactions and no disputes etc. When I rang up customer service I was told that the account didn't show a reason and that they would ask the team behind it to contact me via email to let me know whats required, chances are it was just documents etc.
2 hours later I got an email saying my account would be closed and my funds held and released over a period of up to 180 days, been reviewed every 30 days for release. This really p!ssed me off as I have just over £300 which I didn't get chance to pull.
I again rang customer support, they had a look and couldn't understand why so told me they would email the "back office" to ask why and I would get an email. Well after 24 hours I heard nothing so I rang back and complained. The guy this time looked at the account, contacted the review poeple and asked why my account was closed, nobody could understand why it had been closed so reopened the account and took it back to the review request. Now I need to submit ID documents, supplier invoices and proof of delivery of the goods I've sold. This is not a problem as I can get ID doc's and make invoices and actually have proof of postage cert's from Royal Mail.

Seems odd that PayPal would put my aco**** in review for document request, not actually ask me for documents and then close my acount when I ask what do they need, seems very heavy handed for a new account with no single transaction over £5 and considering my eBay account is in perfect health, DSR is 5.0/5.0, feedback is 100% and eBay just increased me from 10 to 50 then to 150 items in a 45 day period and my account is above standard.

Seems PayPal are just determin to p!ss new customers off which seems silly since its the customers they earn money from, lol.

Ill Be Back 12-06-2014 01:45 PM

My eBay account was fine too until today :( PayPal account was limited 2 days ago and only a few hours ago today I got hit with a MC011 with a chance to appeal. Not sure appealing will do any good though.

uscool 12-07-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forcefire (Post 616464)
I too got my account limited 2 days ago without a reason, no problems on the account, all funds for valid eBay transactions and no disputes etc. When I rang up customer service I was told that the account didn't show a reason and that they would ask the team behind it to contact me via email to let me know whats required, chances are it was just documents etc.
2 hours later I got an email saying my account would be closed and my funds held and released over a period of up to 180 days, been reviewed every 30 days for release. This really p!ssed me off as I have just over £300 which I didn't get chance to pull.
I again rang customer support, they had a look and couldn't understand why so told me they would email the "back office" to ask why and I would get an email. Well after 24 hours I heard nothing so I rang back and complained. The guy this time looked at the account, contacted the review poeple and asked why my account was closed, nobody could understand why it had been closed so reopened the account and took it back to the review request. Now I need to submit ID documents, supplier invoices and proof of delivery of the goods I've sold. This is not a problem as I can get ID doc's and make invoices and actually have proof of postage cert's from Royal Mail.

Seems odd that PayPal would put my aco**** in review for document request, not actually ask me for documents and then close my acount when I ask what do they need, seems very heavy handed for a new account with no single transaction over £5 and considering my eBay account is in perfect health, DSR is 5.0/5.0, feedback is 100% and eBay just increased me from 10 to 50 then to 150 items in a 45 day period and my account is above standard.

Seems PayPal are just determin to p!ss new customers off which seems silly since its the customers they earn money from, lol.

my PayPal got limited few days ago, strange i didnt even get an email from paypal about it, i found out when i tried to list an item and then logging into PayPal, this is a account over a year old, 100% feedback, never had any disputes over that time,

at least you should get the money in 180 days,

any suggestions shall i call them , they will probably ask for ID etc which i cant be bothered with now, and just wait out the 180 days ?

Thanks

Forcefire 12-07-2014 11:19 AM

Well not sure whats going on now, just got another email saying my appeal was refused and my account will be closed.
Funny how they asked for documents yet I haven't had chance to upload all documents and once again they have closed my account. Not sure whats going on or why PayPal are closing perfectly healthy accounts or new accounts, seems odd that they would just close my account without asking for documents, then asking for them and then closing again.

My other accounts are all OK and trading fine, no emails, closures or anything.

Ohh well I'll get my money back no problem but looks like its time to open new account, shame really as my eBay account was doing great and ebay were upgrading me as I'd done really well.

Callidus 12-07-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscool (Post 616922)
my PayPal got limited few days ago, strange i didnt even get an email from paypal about it, i found out when i tried to list an item and then logging into PayPal, this is a account over a year old, 100% feedback, never had any disputes over that time,

at least you should get the money in 180 days,

any suggestions shall i call them , they will probably ask for ID etc which i cant be bothered with now, and just wait out the 180 days ?

Thanks

You've already been told NOT to call. Could escalate the issue

arshavin 12-08-2014 06:18 AM

One of mine got taken out on the 5th. I am unable to appeal.

Account is over 2 years old and i created it myself.

Samyan 12-08-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arshavin (Post 617383)
One of mine got taken out on the 5th. I am unable to appeal.

Account is over 2 years old and i created it myself.

Just sounds crazy! To be honest I would be devastated if after 2 years the account got shut down in this manner.

Seems like new stories of people being shut down are coming out every day now.

FlashingBlade 12-09-2014 03:38 AM

Mine was 18 months old and yes, its more than a little annoying. Particularly as they never once asked for docs or anything before limiting the account without option for appeal. I can only assume that there was enough 'evidence' for them to know that it was stealth without it. Maybe a combination of established stealth techniques and an inadvertent linking, I dont know.