eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal changes (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/80076-paypal-changes.html)

WhatsUpWhatsUp 11-27-2014 05:14 PM

PayPal changes

Hello,

This is my first thread. I've searched around on the forums but I've only managed to find little pockets of answers and details.

I've read in 2 forum posts that changes are going to come into action sometime in December 2014 with regards to PayPal and how they identify you such as background information, registration information and bank information.

Do any users have news or gossip on the situation?

Thanks!

GreenBean 11-27-2014 05:32 PM

Re: PayPal changes

Gossip is counterproductive.

Creates urban myths.

Learn to distrust gossip.

Facts are what work.

:juggle:

WhatsUpWhatsUp 11-27-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 613147)
Gossip is counterproductive.

Creates urban myths.

Learn to distrust gossip.

Facts are what work.

:juggle:

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any facts on the matter which is why I started the post. I thought someone long before me would have made a post on this. I've only been here a total of 4 days, including lurking and I've noticed that PayPal plans to make changes in December. Surely members of the forum should be worried? Am I mistaken?

john007 11-27-2014 06:18 PM

Haven't heard any gossips, but please inform us when you do get more.

GreenBean 11-27-2014 06:30 PM

GreenBean 11-27-2014 06:31 PM

Above are some of the current discussions on the issue.

Read them.

See what you gleam from all the posts.

:ranger:

GreenBean 11-27-2014 06:34 PM

paypal announces changes to their T&S all the time.

We have one set that is effective in 2015.

We are perceiving issues from their effects to implement them at this moment.

Changes made earlier in the year to their T&S are also behind the material in the above threads.

I hope this helps more?

WhatsUpWhatsUp 11-27-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 613166)
paypal announces changes to their T&S all the time.

We have one set that is effective in 2015.

We are perceiving issues from their effects to implement them at this moment.

Changes made earlier in the year to their T&S are also behind the material in the above threads.

I hope this helps more?

Those 3 posts are extremely worrying. Is that me being paranoid or is everyone concerned? PayPal seems to be clamping down quite hard right now and seems to have a few verification tricks up there sleeve we don't know about yet.

jeffweico 11-27-2014 07:43 PM

I would be VERY CAREFUL about drawing any conclusions from what we have seen so far. We have all seen this before. Someone, or a few people, have ther accounts limited and all of a sudden, "IT'S THE END OF STEALTH!!!"

Yet we are still here.

The thing is, whatever they come up with, there are usually workarounds. Could they make it IMPOSSIBLE to practice stealth? Yes. But that would cost a lot of money and is very unlikely, in my opinion.

I would not make any decisions based on what little information we have. If you are about to create an account, go ahead with it.

If it turns out to be true, then you will see MASS POSTINGS here from users who have lost accounts, not just a few. THEN it may be time to panic. Until then, I say everyone should relax.

WhatsUpWhatsUp 11-27-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 613186)
I would be VERY CAREFUL about drawing any conclusions from what we have seen so far. We have all seen this before. Someone, of a few people, have ther accounts limited and all of a sudden, "IT'S THE END OF STEALTH!!!"

Yet we are still here.

The thing is, whatever they come up with, there are usually workarounds. Could they make it IMPOSSIBLE to practice stealth? Yes. But that would cost a lot of money and is very unlikely, in my opinion.

I would not make any decisions based on what little information we have. If you are about to create an account, go ahead with it.

If it turns out to be true, then you will see MASS POSTINGS here from users who have lost accounts, not just a few. THEN it may be time to panic. Until then, I say everyone should relax.

A well thought out response. I'm going to create a couple and see what luck I have. Snail speed and patience is all I shall invest.

GreenBean 11-28-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhatsUpWhatsUp (Post 613185)
Those 3 posts are extremely worrying. Is that me being paranoid or is everyone concerned? PayPal seems to be clamping down quite hard right now and seems to have a few verification tricks up there sleeve we don't know about yet.

As long as I have used paypal I have worried.

That said, I still do business with the evil bar stewards.

They will always throw curve balls.

Bring it on is what I say.

:boink:

GreenBean 11-28-2014 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john007 (Post 613161)
Haven't heard any gossips, but please inform us when you do get more.

john', to set your mind at rest ( for the moment), this is specific to paypal UK.

Gossip is out. Creates mayhem.

Rest assured, across the pond in the USA, the situation is OK.

Happy Thanksgiving.

:peace: