Just a heads up for you guys dont repeat my mistake..!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 12-18-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Exclamation Just a heads up for you guys dont repeat my mistake..!!

Hi Guys

Just wanted to let you guys know how I have stuffed up with paypal so you guys are aware not to do this ... stupid me..:(

I got my paypal account sorted added entropay card address name etc.. then I decided to use ar lasses savings account what she has with barclays,
got the two deposits in all cool at this point, silly me decided to purchase something on feebay just to get my feedback up before i start listing.

Got to the payment page and pressed "pay now" not realizing that the funding source was set to "Transfer from bank account" rather than credit card.
BANG! got email this morning from paypal saying they couldnt deduct the funds from the bank account (obviously its a savers and doest support DDs) and that this was an issue with the bank and dont contact paypal blah blah and now they have removed my bank account

So Guys if you are buying and you do have a savers on your paypal ALWAYS check the funding source before payment!
Just my 2 pence...:D
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2008

Longevity: 98%

Usually a savings account limits it two six deductions per month but doesn't block for one.

Try convincing paypal that the payment bounced because of lack of funds due to paypal tricking you rather than the account being bad. They might not necessarily get a detailed explanation of why saying it's a savings. In fact, it might even have been rejected because the savings had no money in it at the time.
Old 12-18-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Usually a savings account limits it two six deductions per month but doesn't block for one.

Try convincing paypal that the payment bounced because of lack of funds due to paypal tricking you rather than the account being bad. They might not necessarily get a detailed explanation of why saying it's a savings. In fact, it might even have been rejected because the savings had no money in it at the time.

Hi mate the account had funds init, any way i have checked paypal and the bank account is still on there? so i dont think im gona say much yet and see what happens..
Old 12-18-2008

Longevity: 98%

You said in the first post that they removed it.
Old 12-18-2008

how many days after the penny instalments did you get the mail from paypal saying that its a problem with the bank and not them blah blah?

The reason im asking is because i added a savers account to paypal and got the same emails without trying to purchase anything. I recieved these emails about 3 days after the penny deposites. So what im thinking is that it might be due to your savers account not being supported by paypal. Not all savers work.So if you tried to purchase within 3 days then it could be this.

You also mention that your savers account dosnt support dd. I thought this was a requirement.

You should be able to change the bank account on paypal. Thats what i done and its verified. same methods again, penny installments.Just havnt started to use it yet.