Lloyds TSB Savings Account - Paypal Problem ! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 12-12-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Lloyds TSB Savings Account - Paypal Problem !

Hi everyone!

I have just fallen foul of the same problem that the forum poster called 'Ebay' has experienced with using a Lloyds TSB internet savings account to verify my Paypal account. I was waiting days for the two amounts of money to be deposited into my account by Paypal and I got 2 emails from Paypal saying that there was both a 'bank processing error' and also that 'This is an invalid bank account number'. Strangely though the two amounts of money were deposited by Paypal into my Lloyds TSB internet savings account as I have a record of this on my online bank statement and the money has not been returned to Paypal.

I was alarmed to read in 'Ebays' previous post on this subject that LloydsTSB and some other UK bank accounts consent to sharing account holders information with Paypal. Now because I used the sort code and account number of my own bank which is in my real name and not my eBay Stealth account name does that mean that Paypal will be able to link this bank account to my suspended account and thus suspend my currently unverified Paypal account? I hope not as I have already spent weeks messing about doing all the stuff to create my eBay Stealth account and I will be back to square one!

Also is this bank's sharing account holders information with Paypal a new phenomena and if its something banks are starting to do then surely nobody is safe - most eBay Stealth accounts will end up linked!! What is the solution?

Thanks!

Johnny

Old 12-14-2008

Longevity: 89%

hi im posting on hre so i can subscribe to the thread. i have had the same problem but never thought of what you have just mentioned. i personlly thought that my savers account isnt compatible and not because my bank has shared info. I thought they are not allowed to share personal info.I have since added a new bank account and if this is the case then my accounts no good as they will have my real info then.

can anyone clarify what sort of info the bank shares with paypal
Old 12-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

As I've mentioned apparently LloydsTSB and another well known UK banks apparently are sharing personal information with Paypal contrary to what has previously been said in these forums, it seems I have just got unlucky by having used the wrong bank, which until I made this mistake I wasnt aware there was a problem with this bank. It now means that my plans to sell some items on eBay before Xmas have been scuppered despite all my hard work in getting 'stealth' account details. My xmas stock is going to have to wait until next year and I will be tucking into a can of Asda 'Smart Price' hotdogs that I am saving especially for my lonely xmas dinner - boo hoo! Thanks a lot eBay for making my life a total misery for the past year!