Any ideas on the saftey of this account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default Any ideas on the saftey of this account?

Long story short, I've had an eBay account banned 6 years ago in my real name MC999 standard stuff

Used a couple of stealth eb/paypal accounts shortly after exclusively on dongles and mobile internet for around 2 years without any issue, Still running as far as I know but completely inactive

Around 2011-12 I decided ebay wasnt for me and ventured into various other things, Made a new paypal account in my own name for buying by this time I had moved house, got new laptops new routers etc, This eBay account has never been used for any selling whatsoever but has buyer feedback of around 700

Around 2013 I started an e-commerce site, doing about £2-3k a month on average, no problems from PayPal at all, hardly any chargebacks asked for ID/invoices sent them a passport and some invoices, same details as the original banned account, they accepted it and removed all limits (seemingly anyway)

Around March this year I closed down the above mentioned site and started a subscription service, which has grown very quickly and is now at 400 subscribers with those subscribers being between £20-40 each, I've also had three working capital loans from PayPal of 1k, 2.5k and currently have a third of 5k thats about 60% paid off

Obviously with my subscriber base growing this is a bit of concern that if they look into it too much they'll make the link, but then again its clearly been on the radar of them in terms of the loans/asking for ID etc so who knows?

I do have a back up plan set up on the sites back end in authorize.net ready to use if and when anything happens with PayPal, but I dont really like the idea of having to convince 400 people to sign up again because of a problem with PayPal

The product I sell is completely legitimate, UK & US sourced, no payments to Chinese sites, paid for through this PayPal account most of the time, 2 chargebacks and 0 disputes in the last 12 months

If they were going to link it, would they have done it by now? Does non eBay sales make an account any safer? How long do they keep records?

Just looking to see if any of the non eBay crowd on here have any ideas at all really or have any similar experiences

Cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-16-2015
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Any ideas on the saftey of this account?

Bumping this for the OP since it was late getting approved
Old 10-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Any ideas on the saftey of this account?

I take it the original Paypal account was limited? You have only mentioned the eBay getting an MC999.

Given the time that has elapsed and the fact that you have Paypal working capital loans the chances are that the two accounts have not been linked.

It is however perfectly possible for you to be linked through name and dob only, especially if your name isn't very common. Paypal also have access to credit bureau data so could easily see your previous address if they went looking.

Nobody can tell you for sure either way whether you are linked or not. You'd only ever know if you were to get limited for being linked to that suspended account.

Bare in mind that you could lose that Paypal account without being linked so it is wise to always have a backup plan in case things go south.